Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

3 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

If he doesn’t want to stay or goes about things in a way as you’ve stated, we should sell though. No point keeping folk who aren’t interested in being here, regardless of what they will become. I mean thats been the message from the club this summer looking at how we’ve went around our business in terms of offloading players who aren’t interested in being here. 

The initial signs from his side, although may be misconstrued, don’t look promising at all. I mean if he really wants to play for Brighton ahead of us that is worrying - more so than anything else. Hopefully the way these rumours and signs etc look changes over the next week or 2 as he has a huge chance of being a nailed on regular from day 1 (even more so with BB injured). Although he still has to earn his slot in the same way like James did, like Mase did, like Fikayo did, like Tammy did etc competing with players in certain positions/coming out of the team for others as and when also if form dictates it. Can’t just expect it to be given which if this is something he is expecting, he needs to check himself a bit.

The ethos and approach of the club and Poch has to be building around players who actually want to be here though and guys who are fully committed - particularly after the moans and groans of players downing tools last year. 

This is exactly how I feel. There's no point in delaying the inevitable if a serious offer does come our way.

1 hour ago, Blue Armour said:

It's a shame they lost the Paramount deal though.

We were screwed by the FA big time there.

I don't think that it was the FA who said no, I'm sure it was the Premier League. I'm happy to be corrected though.

1 minute ago, JFKvsNixon said:

I don't think that it was the FA who said no, I'm sure it was the Premier League. I'm happy to be corrected though.

I think you are right. The people that shot it down said it conflicted with provider partners. In the US, USA/Peacock (NBC) provide Premier League Games. Paramount + (CBS) provides Champions League and Europa League Games.

8 minutes ago, Pizy said:

£25m for Lukaku when you’re receiving 50-60m for your keeper is pretty laughable.

It's a relation with his current wages and his valuation: and it's off right now.

His wages are (way) too high for the player he is, which lowers his fee.

1 minute ago, robsblubot said:

It's a relation with his current wages and his valuation: and it's off right now.

His wages are (way) too high for the player he is, which lowers his fee.

True, but I feel like the minimum/sweet spot we should sell at is £35m. Then we wash our hands of him forever. 

5 hours ago, Tomo said:

It wasn't to dissimilar to what Saliba was doing for a while before getting into Arsenal's team.

I think/hope he's using his leverage. Which in many ways can't blame him for as he came back last summer ready to go only for us to sign Kouli in his position. 

Perhaps but we will see, if he isn't happy here though he has to go. 

Chekri is growing on me... 

He really isn't any slower than Mount, but far more technically capable. 

I get he isn't the defensive workhorse Mount is - but the defensive side isn't necessarily a big factor IMO considering we did okay on that side of the ball. It is the offensive side we struggled, and he would help. Also - I think some of the defensive deficiencies we have will be offset by being better on the offensive side and having more of the ball. 

21 minutes ago, Thor said:

Chekri is growing on me... 

He really isn't any slower than Mount, but far more technically capable. 

I get he isn't the defensive workhorse Mount is - but the defensive side isn't necessarily a big factor IMO considering we did okay on that side of the ball. It is the offensive side we struggled, and he would help. Also - I think some of the defensive deficiencies we have will be offset by being better on the offensive side and having more of the ball. 

I agree. Juan Mata wasnt defense minded at all to put it nicely and he was our POTY twice.