Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

That Sebestian bloke on twitter was crucifying Cucurella in a training clip where his defensive posture was all over the place, followed by a montage of clips of Cucurella getting absolutely skinned whilst playing for us and Brighton. 

2 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

That Sebestian bloke on twitter was crucifying Cucurella in a training clip where his defensive posture was all over the place, followed by a montage of clips of Cucurella getting absolutely skinned whilst playing for us and Brighton. 

which clip?

11 minutes ago, milka said:

Hopefully Lewis Hall , Maatse and Andrey Santos to get a chance.  Cucurella  was tragic so it is not clear if he should stay instead of Hall or Maatsen.

Hall pisses all over cucarella ,

im certain maatsen is better too 

35 minutes ago, lucio said:

Hall pisses all over cucarella ,

im certain maatsen is better too 

Hall looked extremely vulnerable when he actually had to defend or move back towards our byline, from what I remember.

8 minutes ago, lucio said:

Hall looked pretty bad in midfield last season but good at LB 

It was supposed to be his natural position but agree he looked very awkward for us there, couldn't keep up with the pace of play, think he is just too raw to play there atm but could develop into a decent MF but I think he needs a loan to play a year in the Championship or similar tbh. It is sometimes a bit absurd these youth products are directly involved with us, very few at his age can already be good enough to play at this level, but in a couple of years he could be an interesting player.

2 hours ago, Mhsc said:

I am guessing we'll see variations of something along the lines of these two (assuming we ever actually sign Caicedo), depending on who may end up nailing down a spot and becoming undroppable:

Jackson

Mudryk Nkunku Madueke

Enzo Caicedo

Chilwell Bads Fofana Reece

Kepa

Sterling Jackson Nkunku

Enzo Reece Caicedo

Chilwell Colwill Fofana Gusto

Kepa

Really want to try James in a DM position. Think he would absolutely dominate. 

18 minutes ago, whats happening said:

james has a good feel with finishing and assisting, would not play him as a dm, maybe a cm.

That is great to have in a DM too though, as the deepest player they're often available to grab the ball a bit outside of the box and either take a shot or chip it in to someone. I could see him pretty much easily playing RB, DM or as an 8 tbh. His technical skill speaks for itself. Shame about his bad luck with injuries. Hopefully our club can get a proper medical routine going to keep these players fit, Pep swears it is a key part of his success at City that took a while to get right (and why they're able to run a small squad)

2 hours ago, Jype said:

Hasn't Poch been mainly a 4-2-3-1 man?

64aeac9a54d81b05c82f7c13

So maybe something like that if the likes of Caicedo and Cherki were signed? Could easily put Badiashile at LCB, Silva at RCB, Mudryk at LW as starters without affecting the lineup quality too much.

Maatsen as Chilly's backup if Cucurella can be flogged off (unlikely) and Slonina as 2nd choice keeper if a new goalie isn't signed. As for who the other options for the two midfield positions will be I have no idea, I'm sure Poch will want to have a look at the youngsters we already have before making any decisions.

If Caicedo can't be signed it gets a bit trickier. 

I want to believe that team in this picture is the team of top 4 contenders. I want to believe.

RB Leipzig snapping up Loïc Openda, probably turn out to be a monster they'll sell on for £100m in a couple of years, he has very good numbers and has outperformed his xG by quite a bit every year so far. Wouldn't surprise me at all if he is on PL clubs transfer lists in a years time.