Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

14 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

Pochettino is the best manager for him, if it doesn't work out with him it won't with anyone.

Even Poch can’t give him pace. 
also while clearly gifted this cherki guy way too often just does his little tricks and then just passes the ball backwards. Don’t really see what he offers in a well drilled machine of a team where everybody is supposed to know his role. Also where would he fit? Surely not the double pivot and too slow as no. 10.

2 minutes ago, Mário César said:

lukaku, auba, chalobah, odoi and ziyech

these should be our last 5 outgoings right?

only if suddenly cucurella is sold, but i don't believe it

Ampadu and Sarr too.

Probably a handful of loans for some of the youngsters too.

36 minutes ago, Gundalf said:

image.png.5ddf9c31f9e6e9841c8b8cbcdab1c2ba.png

No to mister beef cherki!

Tbf, if we get Caicedo we’d have two players behind Cherki who are tigers on the pitch that can cover for his defensive weakness. Especially since we’ll be the team with all of the ball in most games. Putting Cherki in a midfield with Jorginho in it would likely have been suicidal. But Enzo and Caicedo can cover every blade of grass.

We need a player who can stitch together the CM and the forward players. With excellent ball retention and an eye for a killer pass. Cherki provides that. 

39 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

I feel like his career will follow the likes of Ben Arfa, Payet, or, for a short period, Nasri.

Talent isn't enough to succeed anymore, and there's also talk about his overall application or lack of.

Fair. And if he was going to be mega expensive I’d say avoid and it’s not worth the risk. But for under £40m the upside outweighs my concerns. Worst case scenario is he needs to be sold in a couple of years when he’ll still be in his early 20’s and many clubs will be interested in a young kid with super talent.

I mean if it is true they would sell their prodigy youth product at only 40m euros then you kind of know something is off here. I have extreme doubts about Cherki based on his attitude, goal output and physique. His output for expected assists / goals are worse than the numbers Ziyech had when we bought him too, I think, although I’d need to check properly. Grim signing.

10 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

I mean if it is true they would sell their prodigy youth product at only 40m euros then you kind of know something is off here. I have extreme doubts about Cherki based on his attitude, goal output and physique. His output for expected assists / goals are worse than the numbers Ziyech had when we bought him too, I think, although I’d need to check properly. Grim signing.

Quite often in last few year their academy products were supposed to conquer the world, but not much came from it, starting with Aouar, so maybe that's at least some reasonable valuation…

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

Cherki could be the ultimate boom or bust signing. Could be an unreal value signing like Hazard was coming from Ligue 1 if he works out. His talent on the ball is amazing. But his nonchalant style isn’t going to fly in the PL against every opponent so he’s definitely a risky player as well.

I’m sold on him at this point. Wasn’t at first but now I want him.

I feel the same way the more I watch him the more I think he could be used to very good effect in our team under Poch.

6 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

Quite often in last few year their academy products were supposed to conquer the world, but not much came from it, starting with Aouar, so maybe that's at least some reasonable valuation…

Reminds me of Fekir. Transfer gossip for years before he pissed off to Betis for 19m

39 minutes ago, Gundalf said:

Reminds me of Fekir. Transfer gossip for years before he pissed off to Betis for 19m

Fekir was very good before injuries and had a solid career at Betis. He was on his way to Pool before that.

Edited by Clockwork

1 hour ago, Mhsc said:

Lyon are in massive financial trouble so they might not have another option but to sell if an offer comes in. Just a few weeks ago it was even unclear whether they'd be allowed to continue in Ligue 1 as they waited for the verdict on their sanctions. 

https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2023/lyons-transfer-activity-and-wage-bill-to-be-monitored-by-dncg/ 

And it's not like 40M€ is small money for Lyon. In fact it would be their 6th biggest ever sale and only a few mill away from cracking top 3.

Edited by Jype

1 hour ago, Mhsc said:

Lyon are in DIRE financial straits apparently. So that would explain the cheap price.