Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

2 hours ago, Special Juan said:

So, we are at Friday again, we have heard more nothing updates from Romano because truth be told he hasn't got a fucking clue. Rumours are that Brighton want 100M and we are not paying that.

United have sealed Mount and Onana is a matter of time- Arsenal now have Rice and Timber that will be done today, Liverpool have MacCallister and Szbozo and looks like they will secure Lavia

Meantime we are selling all the shit but people are saying we won't budge until Pulisic, Auba and Chalobah are moved on- We are both miles behind  in league position and signings, pre season training has started and we are still no further on with a midfielder and a number 9 that are both fucking crucial.

We've already signed a number 9.

15 hours ago, xPetrCechx said:
  1. Buy a decent GK.
  2. Buy 2 midfielders (Brighton can f*ck off for 100mil).
  3. Bring back Felix.
  4. Sell Cucurella, Ampadu, Baba Rahman, Sarr, Auba, Pulisic, Ziyech, CHO, Lukaku.
  5. Buy a good goalscorer.
  6. Buy a backup Full-back (instead of Azpi/Cucu).

we have Nkunku, Felix is not coming back

Baba is already gone

Azpi is now gone

Unless the Saudis want CuCu, I am so worried we cannot dump him

the others you list likely will be sold this window

goal scorer should be a RWer, as once Ziyech goes, we only have one true RWer (Noni)

I think IF we are buying another CF it may well be Ivan Toney in January 2024

13 hours ago, LAM09 said:

They know it worked last year. Whoever is dealing with negotiations needs to make a final offer and say, take it or leave it.  

We don't need this dragging on because Brighton keeps moving the goalposts, from the sounds of things.

I still cannot believe we dumped £118m on CuCu

🤬

10 hours ago, Cosmin said:

we are waiting for Ziyech, Pulisic and Aubameyang to be sold before making moves for other offensive players

none of them should have ever been purchased

Edited by Vesper

4 hours ago, Reddish-Blue said:

I don't get why we haven't put in a bid for Lavia yet.   What is there to lose from putting in a 40+ million bid for Lavia? 

Seems like we're putting all our eggs in one basket for Caicedo and Brighton will just milk us for an extra 20 million. 

EXCLUSIVE: Lavia wants Arsenal transfer over Liverpool and Chelsea

https://www.footballtransfers.com/en/transfer-news/uk-premier-league/2023/07/arsenal-transfer-news-romeo-lavia-liverpool-Chelsea-steve-kay-thomas-partey

Romeo Lavia would prefer to join Arsenal over Liverpool or Chelsea this summer, FootbalTransfers has learned.

Arsenal are in a three-horse race to sign the Southampton midfielder, along with Liverpool and Chelsea.

However, as FootballTransfers exclusively reported last week, Arsenal have fallen behind their two Premier League rivals in the chase.

READ MORE: Premier League 2023/24 summer transfers: All the Done Deals

The reason for this is because of the time it is taking to complete the signing of Declan Rice and the sale of Thomas Partey.

Arsenal cannot and will not complete a move for Lavia until Rice and Partey’s deals are resolved.

With Rice’s transfer from West Ham now imminent, If Arsenal can find a way to sell Partey for a price they are satisfied with, then they will go back in for Lavia.

Why Romeo Lavia wants Arsenal

And FootballTransfers has learned that Lavia would prefer to sign for Arsenal over Liverpool and Chelsea if a price can be agreed with Southampton.

There are multiple reasons for this. The offering of Champions League football, the presence of Mikel Arteta and the ‘Arsenal project’, and the image of a well-run club have given the Gunners the advantage over their rivals in the eyes of Lavia and many other transfer targets.

Furthermore, Arsenal are able to pay better wages than Man City, Man Utd, Liverpool Tottenham and Chelsea this summer.

This is due to the excellent job the club has done in the past three seasons at clearing out dead wood and cutting expenditure on wages.

Agreeing a price with Southampton for Lavia could be tricky, as Arsenal are not willing to pay the £50 million that the relegated Premier League team are demanding.

Arsenal are in a good position with the player, though.

They have been talking to Lavia’s entourage since April. Talks have gone very well, which gives Arsenal the edge.

But first Arsenal must sell Partey - and this is holding up the whole process.

21 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I'm a bit indifferent towards Cucurella at this point.

I don't feel he's been as bad as made out and would be decent under Pochettino but equally I won't lose any sleep if he does go.

Yeah I'm with you.

And even if he was as bad last season as made out, then again so was everyone else. With a massive squad clear out and a new manager in charge it's a clean slate for the ones who do stay. And it's not like Cucurella will be first choice even if we do keep him.

Financially speaking he's a very expensive backup player with around £18M/y amortisation + salary costs so if a decent offer were to come in I'd definitely look to cut the losses because we already have decent alternatives for Chilly's backup with Maatsen and Hall but from a player quality perspective I don't think it's going to be that big of a disaster if he stays, though if he still looks hopeless then next year he should 100% be binned.

Just now, chelsea_4_eva said:

Wanted Lukaku and Ziyech to be the first 2 to leave as they could be quite "toxic" around the other players, but here they still are...

Apparently those on the verge or wanting moves away/unhappy are training with a separate group