Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

6 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Vlahovic would be an embarrassment imo unless we tailor everything geared towards him. His hold up play and ability on the ball is below average. Just not worth it and its telling Juve want to replace him with Lukaku. 

Muani is an expensive gamble. 

Seriously bleak in the market. Rather stick with Jackson and Broja for the season. 

I agree. Best stay away. But it seems our new board still has to learn about the striker curse . 

6 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

I agree. Best stay away. But it seems our new board still has to learn about the striker curse . 

I think its paper talk. (Hopefully) We've actually been run properly now that Stewart and Winstanley have been calling the shots. 

Romano saying Poch wants to utilize Broja, and now is saying we want another ST. So which is it? We really going into a 1 match week a season with 3 strikers?

5 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

I think its paper talk. (Hopefully) We've actually been run properly now that Stewart and Winstanley have been calling the shots. 

Romano saying Poch wants to utilize Broja, and now is saying we want another ST. So which is it? We really going into a 1 match week a season with 3 strikers?

fofana probably will be loan

keeps broja only makes sense if poch will play with 2 strikers

If we want another striker and we will play only with one striker, don't make anysense keep broja and nicholas plus other player 

plus we don't have ucl and we don't need so many players...

8 minutes ago, Mário César said:

fofana probably will be loan

keeps broja only makes sense if poch will play with 2 strikers

If we want another striker and we will play only with one striker, don't make anysense keep broja and nicholas plus other player 

plus we don't have ucl and we don't need so many players...

I think the club wanting another striker is hogwash. Like you said, it doesn't make any sense. Especially when you see how pathetic the market is right now. 

Jackson, Broja, and Nkunku for emergencies is fine. It's not like expectations are to win the league. 

Edited by MoroccanBlue

Just now, MoroccanBlue said:

I think the club wanting another striker is hogwash. Like you said, it doesn't make any sense. Especially when you see how pathetic the market is right now. 

Jackson, Broja, and Nkunku for emergencies is fine. It's not like expectations are to win the league. 

the best forwards in the world are lewa, benzema (who is going to arabia), kane and haaland 

below that, I don't think there is any one that stands out that much. 

if there is a good business opportunity, i think we should take it, in order to do our best to guarantee the top4 again, which is mandatory to try our best.

now, it doesn't make sense to have two youngsters with potential. 

is it ideal to loan broja out again? 
i don't see any other solution

if we are eventually eliminated early from the carling cup, we will have almost only championship until the end of the season and then there is no room for everyone. 

8 minutes ago, Mário César said:

the best forwards in the world are lewa, benzema (who is going to arabia), kane and haaland 

below that, I don't think there is any one that stands out that much. 

if there is a good business opportunity, i think we should take it, in order to do our best to guarantee the top4 again, which is mandatory to try our best.

now, it doesn't make sense to have two youngsters with potential. 

is it ideal to loan broja out again? 
i don't see any other solution

if we are eventually eliminated early from the carling cup, we will have almost only championship until the end of the season and then there is no room for everyone. 

Jackson was the good business opportunity. I can't see anything else.  Think we need to count our blessings and focus on midfield now. 

Since there really isn’t any standout striker candidate available to sign in addition to Jackson it’s probably best to wait until next summer and assess what’s out there. Maybe some big player unexpectedly wants to change clubs or some club needs to sell. Buying Lautaro or Vlahovic now for the sake of signing any experienced striker would be stupid. Having done a bunch of YouTube scouting the only interesting striker that could be in the move this summer for me is Kolo Muani. But the price for him is insane and one we surely won’t touch.

We should instead get a couple of players in other positions who can score and create goals. 

https://www.juventuz.com/threads/dušan-vlahović.44783/page-197

Interesting reading Juve thread on Vlahovic, player who I am dubious on - they say many times that he is bad at heading, hold up play, and is essentially (currently) just a skilled poacher in the box. Also gets called lazy (and unfit) a fair bit and that his confidence is shot since being at Juve. Plenty of people saying Allegri's system ruined him and his confidence.

Would be a big bet to take him on. However, IF there was a phenomenal deal on the table with Lukaku going the other way then I would still be tempted and see what Poch and his staff can do with him. He is not yet in his prime and could improve a lot, so if we can get him for OK fee then should be resellable without huge faff. I guess Lukaku plus £20m would be the sort of deal I'd be open to.

47 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Since there really isn’t any standout striker candidate available to sign in addition to Jackson it’s probably best to wait until next summer and assess what’s out there. Maybe some big player unexpectedly wants to change clubs or some club needs to sell. Buying Lautaro or Vlahovic now for the sake of signing any experienced striker would be stupid. Having done a bunch of YouTube scouting the only interesting striker that could be in the move this summer for me is Kolo Muani. But the price for him is insane and one we surely won’t touch.

We should instead get a couple of players in other positions who can score and create goals. 

I also really like the look of him as well good hold up and link up , good speed and technically good on the ball

Kova was a joy to watch when fit and in form. But hopefully we properly replace his skill set with someone who can also contribute in attack which he never really did.

We 100% need at least 2 new CM’s. Caicedo + another who is more technical and box to box.