Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

24 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

Someone posted a table of break-even transfer values of all our players if we wanted them to be ffp-neutral and they weren't that high at all. I don't really understand how it's counted, but the precieved loss may not matter at the end of the day.

Telegraph is saying we are looking at roughly £50m from Koulibaly, Aubameyang, Ziyech, and Mendy. The remaining book value for all 4 is £55m. 

There is no profit. We are either taking a loss or having a neutral balance for this years FFP, so again, why is there this idea Saudi clubs are saving us from FFP?

Edited by MoroccanBlue

3 hours ago, Mário César said:

30M€ its a little poor 

What did people expect though? We need to sell players. We cannot demand excessive sums and clubs know that. Been saying this for months now we will lose good quality players for lower prices.

If any of these Saudi deals collapse for Koulibaly, Mendy and Ziyech though we are pretty fucked as it sounds like they are given us decent fees for players nobody else wants to pay for.

There is also no way United will pay what we want for Mount and I am doubtful that Arsenal will pay €80m euros for Havertz as being reported, I don’t think any clubs that stupid (although we were).

Edited by OneMoSalah

31 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Telegraph is saying we are looking at roughly £50m from Koulibaly, Aubameyang, Ziyech, and Mendy. The remaining book value for all 4 is £55m. 

There is no profit. We are either taking a loss or having a neutral balance for this years FFP, so again, why is there this idea Saudi clubs are saving us from FFP?

Zero is better than minus. KK would be unmovable without Saudis. 

14 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Yep. Getting rid of K2, Auba, Ziyech and Mendy at break-even values would decrease squad costs by around £50-60M/y including wages and amortisations so even if there was no actual 'book profit' being made with these deals, the savings alone would provide a gigantic FFP boost going forward.

16 minutes ago, Jype said:

Yep. Getting rid of K2, Auba, Ziyech and Mendy at break-even values would decrease squad costs by around £50-60M/y including wages and amortisations so even if there was no actual 'book profit' being made with these deals, the savings alone would provide a gigantic FFP boost going forward.

Hadn't thought about that. 

Still, the talking point from these reports are Saudi clubs over spending on these Chelsea players when they aren't even breaking even. 

3 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Still, the talking point from these reports are Saudi clubs over spending on these Chelsea players when they aren't even breaking even. 

I would understand other clubs complaining if let's say we were to get 50M£ for Ziyech or K2, but the amounts being discussed seem to be aligned with market value for those players. The big obstacle we had was moving those players with their respective wages. That is a totally different matter, and that's between the players and the Saudi clubs. 
People are just envious it's happening to us and not their club that's all :D.

10 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

They're likely referring to the wage packets that these players are going to be getting (sort of like Oscar's move out of nowhere to China). 

The transfer fees were never going to be more than 15-20 million each as no other European clubs want to buy these players outright.    KK's only interest has come from a cheap loan from Inter, even Juventus weren't that keen on paying his wages. 

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

What did people expect though? We need to sell players. We cannot demand excessive sums and clubs know that. Been saying this for months now we will lose good quality players for lower prices.

If any of these Saudi deals collapse for Koulibaly, Mendy and Ziyech though we are pretty fucked as it sounds like they are given us decent fees for players nobody else wants to pay for.

There is also no way United will pay what we want for Mount and I am doubtful that Arsenal will pay €80m euros for Havertz as being reported, I don’t think any clubs that stupid (although we were).

I think with Mount & Havertz, the problem is, there is no bidding war and that's giving all the power to United & Arsenal.    If other clubs were in for these players (like Rice at West Ham), they would have to up their bid but right now the ball is in their court. 

United's final offer could be 50 million for Mount and we may end up having to accept rather than watch him leave on a free next season.   Similar with Havertz, Arsenal don't really have to go that high, they could say 55-60 million is their final offer for Havertz and if Bayern aren't keen to jump in, do we really keep another unhappy player at the club?  

1 hour ago, NikkiCFC said:

A Muslim player wants to move to a Muslim country near at the end of his career while getting one last pay check. 

Saudi is spending big on players, we are taking advantage of that. Just like when China was spending big years ago. Right time, right place.

‘if this was a situation where only our players were moving to Saudi Arabia, that would have been strange.

17 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

And yet no uproar on Arsenal spending nearly 200m on Timbers, Havertz, and Rice. 

rice its a little overrated and havertz its what we all know 

don't scare me, tbh 

besides if they sell partey, I don't sure if they will be so mutch stronger than last year

14 minutes ago, Mário César said:

rice its a little overrated and havertz its what we all know 

don't scare me, tbh 

besides if they sell partey, I don't sure if they will be so mutch stronger than last year

Partey is much better than rice 

37 minutes ago, JDY said:

The pitch is pretty awful but his link up play is still really clean in terms of both technique and game intelligence to bring others into play. This is all I ask for as a minimum from a striker. 👌

Yeah, it’s something that stands out about him the more I scout him on YouTube. He’s a very “clean” player technique wise. Great first touch, great holdup play, uses his big frame well. He looks like way more than a simple poacher or classic big #9. He’s a proper footballer.

If he settles well in the PL he could be a very shrewd buy.

6 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

I swear do these reporters even stop and think? How are these Saudi clubs saving us for FFP when Mendy, Ziyech, Koulibaly and Aubameyang will likely have us suffer a profit loss on each considering the quoted prices?

We are not breaking even on any of them. 

We are breaking even (and turning profit) on accounting books on all of them (except Ziyech since we don’t know yet what’s the fee he’s going for )

5 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

The transfer fee for Koulibaly is at book value 25m and for Mendy is 10m over book value at 18m

Havent seen reliable reports on prices for Ziyech and Auba but their book values are 14.1 m and 5.3 m

Safe to say Boehly and Co are cooking the books with these Saudi deals