Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

33 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

Maybe. I'm often torn in these scenarios.

It's the immediate vs long term...team vs club.

Letting players dictate things like Mount and others are doing, without any show of strength, can establish precedent, which can be used by other players (esp their agents) in the future.

But couldn't that work both ways?

For example, if we play Kepa next season he'll be playing knowing full well we're (hopefully) replacing him first chance we get.

On 15/06/2023 at 22:28, Fernando said:

Agreed, with Caicedo we are set and with these other younger players we will be stacked. 

No more need for another Midfielder. Just focus on striker. I think we can get by with GK for right now since no good option available. 

we desperately need a class DMF

18 minutes ago, Tomo said:

But couldn't that work both ways?

For example, if we play Kepa next season he'll be playing knowing full well we're (hopefully) replacing him first chance we get.

I get it, but still it's not an easy choice in my mind. It's also different, one is here and will stick around because nobody really wants him at this wage level. The other is a Chelsea product forcing his exit to a rival.

I'm just very concerned about agent power. We've talked about player power because, which is a thing -- some will claim it's not even that bad. Agent power tho, that's something that concerns me in football. These super agents who manage the career of several players within clubs have a a lot of sway in all areas. 😕 

1 hour ago, bluesman2610 said:

Why are we so high on Giving more money to Brighton. F them. We should go for Lavia or Kone to partner Enzo in the middle. They are far cheaper and to me look way more polished as players

I completely agree with this. 

Caceido just doesn't look anything special... Looks far more likely to fail than the other two who are far more polished players and just as, if not more of a physical presence in the middle.

The comparisons to Kante as well... I don't see it. Kante was more polished even coming into our team, and has far better touch. 80 mil for a guy who has a high chance of bust with only one decent season is just crazy. 

Gabri Viega, Kone and Lavia all look far more polished and dynamic/robust to me. They just offer more as players.

It's not Potter anymore it's Poch but clearly our owners continue with major plan which is long term success. Doesn't look like we are planing to be competitive in the next 2 seasons. Jackson, Broja, Fofana... No one is ready there and we don't have a striker. All other targets also young fellas. I'm just concerned how will our fans react when they see us struggling again. After all, because of fans we sacked Potter. 

1 minute ago, Mário César said:

We're pull out of onana

Will be painful seeing Kepa as our #1 again but as long as we strengthen everywhere else we need to I can live with it for 1 more season.

1 minute ago, NikkiCFC said:

It's not Potter anymore it's Poch but clearly our owners continue with major plan which is long term success. Doesn't look like we are planing to be competitive in the next 2 seasons. Jackson, Broja, Fofana... No one is ready there and we don't have a striker. All other targets also young fellas. I'm just concerned how will our fans react when they see us struggling again. After all, because of fans we sacked Potter. 

Well jackson is to be our main striker or second choice?

On 15/06/2023 at 22:39, Simon1991 said:

What african player was unfairly denied a ballon d'or?

Samuel Eto'o in 2006 (Fabio Cannavaro won)

Eto'o won a treble (CL and La Liga included) with Barca (and Pichichi Trophy as La Liga top scorer and was La Liga POTY)

52 total goals produced (40 goals and 12 assists) for club and country (and Cameroon played far fewer games than in other years (such as 2000-2002 when he won back to back African Cup of Nations plus won the Olympic gold medal), and he also played no friendlies)

also in that period he won

African Player of the Year
ESM (European sport writers) Team of the Year
FIFA World Player of the Year Bronze Award
FIFA FIFPro World XI
UEFA Team of the Year
CAF Team of the Year
UEFA Champions League top assist provider
African Cup of Nations top goalscorer
UEFA Club Forward of the Year

Edited by Vesper

2 hours ago, Mhsc said:

https://theathletic.com/4617499/2023/06/16/Chelsea-transfer-nicolas-jackson/

Looks pretty serious that we are signing Nicolas Jackson.

Love to know why. From what I've read he did fuck all all season them scored 8 in 10 at the end...How's that what we're looking at? Don't trust this new recruitment team at all tbh

We just have to hope that for a striker target to come out of nowhere like Jackson it has been pushed by Poch. If this is a club signing to continue this massive youth drive we’re on then I’ll be worried. If Poch himself asked for him because he sees something special than I guess I trust his eye.

There's no way in hell this boy Jackson who 99 % of us haven't heard of until today is going to be our number 9. Educated guess that broja is going to be made a make weight in caciedo and fofana is off on loan. This guy is a back up at best surely

On 15/06/2023 at 22:48, LAM09 said:

Eto'o.

Drogba and Yaya Toure should have been the conversation at their peaks. Salah would have had a very solid case had he won the CL during his first season at Liverpool as well (Ramos thuggery).

thank you

I had not yet read this when I said the same about Eto'o in 2005/06 just now