Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

2 hours ago, robsblubot said:

Essien happened to be my favorite player during that era. Mikel was shit. Drogba an amazing world class player. Big fan of Mendy as you can check my posts in his thread. So what?
What has race to do with any of that? I talking about footballing knowledge, tactics, coaches, etc check my previous post:

I'm originally from Brazil and think Brazil footballing knowledge is extremely high, like Argenine. Perhaps not as high as certain European countries who excel tactically, but still very high.

Has any African nation won the World Cup? Or any meaningful competition? Has Mexico? That's something that is acquired... not declared.

Yes. Check out the French team. It’s full of Africans….Wes Fofana is Ivorian, and where do you think Kante, Pogba, Mbappe, Dembele and Makele, Desailly …. jeez the list goes on and on are originally from????

Just now, didi007 said:

Yes. Check out the French team. It’s full of Africans….Wes Fofana is Ivorian, and where do you think Kante, Pogba, Mbappe, Dembele and Makele, Desailly …. jeez the list goes on and on are originally from????

There's a reason the majority of France were angry after a large number of the French 2018 WC winning squad stated the triumph was for Africa.

If only times were different or players had to play for the country of their birth (country unrest aside).

God. I hate this greedy cheap club so much. At least he will champion every year in farmers league. They got the best Centre Back in the world right now. You will see guys he will be so dominant. I wish we bought him as Silva replacment. We missed big chance. Btw hes release clause is 35mln if i remember. Thats crazy deal for such a beast. 

5 minutes ago, didi007 said:

Morocco just made it to the World Cup semi final, which is a result of the King investing more money into football academies in the country back in 2008. 

Funding and investment is severely lacking. 

Just now, LAM09 said:

Eto'o.

Drogba and Yaya Toure should have been the conversation at their peaks. Salah would have had a very solid case had he won the CL during his first season at Liverpool as well (Ramos thuggery).

Many great players who have never won a Ballon d'or.  Saying it is due to racism as you implied is far-fetched, to put it nicely. 

2 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Morocco just made it to the World Cup semi final, which is a result of the King investing more money into football academies in the country back in 2008. 

Funding and investment is severely lacking. 

That helps, but where do most of the squad play currently? 

There's no doubt Europe is the best place for young players to develop, learn from the best coaches, and have the chance to play at the highest level. Those chances have been severely lacking for years, not to mention the amount of exploitation, which is well documented.

Just now, didi007 said:

I think you misunderstood the premise here. He is not saying African players are inherently inferior tactically, he is saying african countries as footballing nations don't have the same levels. 

To your point, french players from african origin play within and benefit from the french footballing structures.

6 minutes ago, Simon1991 said:

Many great players who have never won a Ballon d'or.  Saying it is due to racism as you implied is far-fetched, to put it nicely. 

I never mentioned racism at all. I just pointed out that Africans aren't viewed the same way.

The post that originally started this conversation is a prime example of exactly that point.

2 minutes ago, Simon1991 said:

I think you misunderstood the premise here. He is not saying African players are inherently inferior tactically, he is saying african countries as footballing nations don't have the same levels. 

To your point, french players from african origin play within and benefit from the french footballing structures.

Incorrect. His post - "Absolutely! and African players often lack tactical discipline -- not a super nice thing to point out, but it is what it is."

That's a generalisation of African players rather than him specifically talking about those that play on the continent. 

Edited by LAM09

Just now, LAM09 said:

I never mentioned racism at all. I just pointed out that Africans aren't viewed the same way.

The post that originally started this conversation is a prime example of exactly that point.

There's a reason Weah is still the only African to win the Ballon d'Or, and it has nothing to do with the talent of those who have followed him.

Wasn't it implied here? That's certainly how i read your post and i am sure many others would arrive to the same conclusions.

2 minutes ago, Simon1991 said:

There's a reason Weah is still the only African to win the Ballon d'Or, and it has nothing to do with the talent of those who have followed him.

Wasn't it implied here? That's certainly how i read your post and i am sure many others would arrive to the same conclusions.

No. You presumed that. 

Discrimination comes in many forms. 

1 hour ago, didi007 said:

Yes, when did they all arrive and how much did they benefit from French footballing knowledge? Suspect each case may be different. Pogba and Dembele are extremely tactically undisciplined in my view; they make every other player around them having to work harder. Kante is very well disciplined, but now you are talking about specific examples, which could very well be exceptions -- suspect France international players are all by definition, the exception.

Once again, it does not matter where they are originally from, I do not care where people were born, but where they learned football, youth development, and as young professional players. The quality and knowledge the players and coaches they had access to, and how successful they were/are. It's common for ex Brazilian WC winners to become coaches, which I'd imagine helps develop the young as they pass on their experiences and knowledge.

It's amazing, for example, how good Pulisic is considering where he develop his game -- likely one of the worst places on earth to develop as a footballer.

I hardly think Mbappe would've been half as good, had his family moved to the USA for example. Maybe a basketball, or am football player, but never a footballer.

Edited by robsblubot

5 minutes ago, Simon1991 said:

Ok so what do you mean exactly?

I gave an example above. People think footballers of African descent lack the mental capability or have difficulty grasping the tactical side of the game.

What on earth is that?! 

I could write a whole list of issues with regards to how African players are viewed by their counterparts, but this is a "Chelsea transfers" thread, not discrimination 101.

Feels like we are getting Caicedo, another situation where some things have been agreed and it’s just a matter of time unless PSG come out of nowhere again?

Enzo and Caicedo is some kind of youth team wet dream but where is the experience and leadership? Back in time all of our CMs were international captains…

Just now, LAM09 said:

I gave an example above. People think footballers of African descent lack the mental capability or have difficulty grasping the tactical side of the game.

What on earth is that?! 

I could write a whole list of issues with regards to how African players are viewed by their counterparts, but this is a "Chelsea transfers" thread, not discrimination 101.

Not what he said at all, lol. But yeah let's move on.