Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

2 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Havertz going is really gathering pace now, great news.

Marca reports the deal is off and there was never any contact from RM as they are focused on Kane 😂

3 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

Marca reports the deal is off and there was never any contact from RM as they are focused on Kane 😂

yes

I read that Real is not interested in Havertz

what a sad day 

Edited by Mário César

The grass is always greener... the idea of a player is always nicer than the player you've got. 😉

Very concerned with movements being rumored: the players supposedly leaving and the level of players we are looking into. Recent signings apparently did not provide enough evidence of the difficulty of making this move to a top club.

1 hour ago, robsblubot said:

The grass is always greener... the idea of a player is always nicer than the player you've got. 😉

Very concerned with movements being rumored: the players supposedly leaving and the level of players we are looking into. Recent signings apparently did not provide enough evidence of the difficulty of making this move to a top club.

caicedo is not good enough for example?

40 minutes ago, Mário César said:

caicedo is not good enough for example?

My point isn't about specific names, but the expectations when we sign unproven players and that they will perform at the level we need them to.

I don't know if Caicedo is going to be good enough -- there is always some risk involved in any signing esp from a smaller club. At least the league is same/strong, but the same could be said of Cucurella who looked pretty good at that level, and yet all that energy is only good enough if followed by enough skill/technique.

Kante has been one of my all time favorite footballers and in my top 3 favorite Chelsea players ever together with Drogba and Hazard. Be really sad to see him go but it’s the right move for both him and the club.

Adios to one of the best midfielders of his generation.

14 minutes ago, Mário César said:

Goodbye

you will always be remember

legend! 

100 million Euro per year.. Man, this is depressing.. I have no complaint but work my ass off for years one daily salary..

Would be crazy not to accept.. Won everything already, he is over many injuries, can live in holy islamic place.. I wish him to accept and enjoy like crazy.

So that’ll be Kante, Kova, Mount, RLC, and for whatever it’s worth Zakaria all gone in one summer.

Tbh, even 2 new midfielders may not be enough unless we are 100% going to give one of the 3 teenagers we’ve signed recently a real shot at first team footy.

44 minutes ago, Mário César said:

Goodbye

you will always be remember

legend! 

Stupidity by the club not fighting to keep him if I am honest. Can’t buy experience. Can’t buy anybody better than this fella either when he’s fit and firing too (think Poch could have maybe used him similarly to Jose with Maka in his last season here and if we had a competent medical team that could also of helped get him fitter)- seems a waste letting him go so easily.

Losing Rudiger, Jorginho, Kante, probably Azpilicueta, Kovacic as well in this window all in the space of 2 years - big players who have brought a lot in different ways be it through leadership, experience or personality.

Poch really has got a lot to do here to because the majority of this bunch have shown they are utterly feckless when it comes down to all three of those. I sincerely hope there are a few players with big personalities coming into this dressing room and soon. Can’t expect all of these young fellas to bring it all either, so whatever the strategies going to be recruiting wise, it better include some proven players with leadership and more importantly, personality.

Edited by OneMoSalah

16 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Stupidity by the club not fighting to keep him if I am honest. Can’t buy experience. Can’t buy anybody better than this fella either when he’s fit and firing too (think Poch could have maybe used him similarly to Jose with Maka in his last season here and if we had a competent medical team that could also of helped get him fitter)- seems a waste letting him go so easily.

Losing Rudiger, Jorginho, Kante, probably Azpilicueta, Kovacic as well in this window all in the space of 2 years - big players who have brought a lot in different ways be it through leadership, experience or personality.

Poch really has got a lot to do here to because the majority of this bunch have shown they are utterly feckless when it comes down to all three of those. I sincerely hope there are a few players with big personalities coming into this dressing room and soon. Can’t expect all of these young fellas to bring it all either, so whatever the strategies going to be recruiting wise, it better include some proven players with leadership and more importantly, personality.

You can't fight 100m a year in wages, it's impossible.

So, dream of a big lot of people is becoming reality - Kante leaving the team, as do Azpi and earlier Jorgi, Silva on last drops of fuel before retirement, just one question comes to my mind: Who is the leader and true blue (and experienced footballer) in this dressing room now? Mudryk, Santos?

We are struggling for character and leadership, so let's clear out anyone with any sign of those traits and replace them with most random bunch you can generate on football manager?