Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Not exactly sure what we need ugarte for when we have Enzo. They look very similar to me but have not followed him too closely. Would have preferred a midfielder who chips in with a goal or assist every once in a while instead of someone with a massive 3 senior goals all career

Just now, Magic Lamps said:

Not exactly sure what we need ugarte for when we have Enzo. They look very similar to me but have not followed him too closely. Would have preferred a midfielder who chips in with a goal or assist every once in a while instead of someone with a massive 3 senior goals all career

Ugarte means Enzo can venture forward and use his magic in the final 3rd... he doesn't have to stay anchored deep with zero protection around him.

wonder if Ugarte is watching this

as it stands PSG pip Lens for the title by a point

and Lens were FUCKED over the season by 5 horrific, dodgy AF VAR calls in 5 league games that cost them 8 points (they showed all 5 before the game)

Lens are a great watch, btw

30f5614df4bbcf264fbb3233a0f4778a.png

Edited by Vesper

2 3 FT

PSG has/had these players playing and gave up a 2 goal lead  to lose at home to Clermont Foot, lolol

Gianluigi Donnarumma
Sergio Ramos
Marquinhos
Danilo Pereira
Achraf Hakimi
Warren Zaire-Emery
Marco Verratti
Vitinha
Lionel Messi
Kylian Mbappé
Hugo Ekitike

Edited by Vesper

21 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Other than their typical tenacious South American attitudes, they’re really nothing alike as players. It’s basically going to be like a rejuvenation of what we had with Cesc & Matic or Jorginho and Kante. Enzo is the playmaker and string puller who runs the game and control the tempo like Cesc or J5. Ugarte is the no-nonsense, pure DM who breaks up play and gets around the pitch from touchline to touchline.

I think their skill sets perfectly compliment one another’s .

a8b644f273b864867a1fcaa642836032.png

Messi gone

Ramos gone

Neymar likely gone

Mbappe just said 'he is happy but who knows what the summer holds'

Soler wants to leave (would be a super pick up on the cheap for us) and PSG said oki

Hakimi is not 100% happy 

Presnel Kimpembe same as Hakimi

Donnarumma, same as Hakimi

Nuno Mendes the same (I would kill to pull him, lol, but no chance unfortunately)

Hugo Ekitiké is up for sale per the club, if a good offer comes in

Fabián Ruiz the same as Ekitiké 

Renato Sanches  the same as Ekitiké

massive turbulence in Paris

Edited by Vesper

6 minutes ago, Vesper said:

a8b644f273b864867a1fcaa642836032.png

Messi gone

Ramos gone

Neymar likely gone

Mbappe just said 'he is happy but who knows what the summer holds'

Soler wants to leave (would be a super pick up on the cheap for us) and PSG said oki

Hakimi is not 100% happy 

Presnel Kimpembe same as Hakimi

Donnarumma, same as Hakimi

Nuno Mendes the same (I would kill to pull him, lol, but no chance unfortunately)

Hugo Ekitiké is up for sale per the club, if a good offer comes in

Fabián Ruiz the same as Ekitiké 

Renato Sanches  the same as Ekitiké

massive turbulence in Paris

You have to say that their era of extreme Galactico’s has failed. The Messi experiment got them no closer to the UCL title they so desperately desire. Neymar has been good in his years there but again, didn’t amount to much other than Ligue 1 titles. Mbappe has clearly completely outgrown PSG and that league as a whole.

What they really need as a club is a cultural reset. Get a young and exciting coach who can develop young talent and do some actual coherent squad building rather than just going out and buying a superstar at every position regardless of fit.

But sadly for their fans, they’ll go right back out and repeat the same mistakes.

26 minutes ago, Pizy said:

You have to say that their era of extreme Galactico’s has failed. The Messi experiment got them no closer to the UCL title they so desperately desire. Neymar has been good in his years there but again, didn’t amount to much other than Ligue 1 titles. Mbappe has clearly completely outgrown PSG and that league as a whole.

What they really need as a club is a cultural reset. Get a young and exciting coach who can develop young talent and do some actual coherent squad building rather than just going out and buying a superstar at every position regardless of fit.

But sadly for their fans, they’ll go right back out and repeat the same mistakes.

if I was them I would hire Nagelsmann

swap Mbappe plus a bit of cash if need be to Real for LW Vini Jr plus DMF Tchou

make a monster move for Gvardiol, as they have Skriniar coming in, so they would have an insane top 3 CBs (counting Marquinhos)

RW I would grab Ousmane Dembélé or Moussa Diaby or maybe, maybe Mohamed Salah (age is an issue, but not so much for Ligue 1)

CF I would go for Rasmus Højlund and Jonathan David (who can play SS very well), and sell Hugo

try and make a move for Frenkie de Jong (sell Kimpembe to fund IF he agrees to come)

calm down Donnarumma, Hakimi, Nuno Mendes and perhaps Kimpembe, plus have another look at keeping Soler

sell most of the malcontents not on this list, including for sure Neymar, especially if they get Vini Jr

instant massive upgrade

Edited by Vesper

53 minutes ago, Vesper said:

2 3 FT

PSG has/had these players playing and gave up a 2 goal lead  to lose at home to Clermont Foot, lolol

Gianluigi Donnarumma
Sergio Ramos
Marquinhos
Danilo Pereira
Achraf Hakimi
Warren Zaire-Emery
Marco Verratti
Vitinha
Lionel Messi
Kylian Mbappé
Hugo Ekitike

And the match winner for Clermont missed a PK as well. 

It might sound odd to some, but Neymar was really the star for this side early on in the season. His constant injury woes have derailed his quest to be among the best around.

1 minute ago, LAM09 said:

And the match winner for Clermont missed a PK as well. 

It might sound odd to some, but Neymar was really the star for this side early on in the season. His constant injury woes have derailed his quest to be among the best around.

he is great when (rarely now) healthy and happy

but is too often neither

Just now, Vesper said:

he is great when (rarely now) healthy and happy

but is too often neither

It seems like he only has a smile on his face when playing for the Seleção. I'd expect more of the same were he to join United.

1 hour ago, Magic Lamps said:

They are quite the opposite of each other. 

image.png.ed70ec2f2487180c73977d0c5f4faa2f.png

12 minutes ago, Gundalf said:

They are quite the opposite of each other. 

image.png.ed70ec2f2487180c73977d0c5f4faa2f.png

Perfect synergy. And Ugarte also has the sort of physique that should perfectly suit the English game.

2 hours ago, Mário César said:

well not so good news guys 

seems that sporting is waiting to psg match Chelsea offer and ugarte has deal with psg

It is really up to Ugarte now.   If he wants to play in a competitive league, then he'll chose PL football.  

On 03/06/2023 at 01:23, Mário César said:

Source?

Was a lot going on and around twitter saying PSG are going to better our package to him. Newcastle are in the running for him also apparently now.

Looks a good player but again, need to see what happens. CL teams may come in for him yet.

Think as an alternative Joao Palhinha should be considered but Ugarte in long run would be the much better signing. 

Edited by OneMoSalah