Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

What's peoples thoughts on Ugarte who have watched him a reasonable amount?

I read somewhere that he is very press resistant but when I've watched clips of him he doesn't strike me as someone who looks the tidiest and most composed on the ball. 

2 hours ago, Superblue said:

I read somewhere that he is very press resistant but when I've watched clips of him he doesn't strike me as someone who looks the tidiest and most composed on the ball. 

Exactly my thoughts. A lot of hype but doesn't look anything special at all 

2 hours ago, Superblue said:

Considering the amount they want, I'd rather wait for Caicedo than go for Ugarte.   

For me Ugarte isn’t a flashy player who wows you when you watch his YouTube highlights. But what’s appealing about him is that his skill set perfectly compliments Enzo’s. He looks like a machine who does all the dirty work, covers the whole pitch, presses very well, and is a prolific tackler. He’s the sort of workhorse midfielder Poch has traditionally liked in his midfields.

Problem is, why in his right mind would he choose us over PSG in our current state? 

11 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Problem is, why in his right mind would he choose us over PSG in our current state? 

Anyone who wants to play actual, competitive football every week. PL is tempting. I guess in money terms it's the same. 

Ugarte is a good DM. Having watched him against Arsenal, I can say that he is ruthless and seems to be exactly what we need in terms of a strong physical presence in the middle. However, he’s still raw and the manager will have to work with him on how to avoid getting sent off constantly. Remains to be seen, assuming this will get done, if he manages to adapt to the PL.

Edited by Cosmin

14 minutes ago, Cosmin said:

Ugarte is a good DM. Having watched him against Arsenal, I can say that he is ruthless and seems to be exactly what we need in terms of a strong physical presence in the middle. However, he’s still raw and the manager will have to work with him on how to avoid getting sent off constantly. Remains to be seen, assuming this will get done, if he manages to adapt to the PL.

Desperately need someone like that in midfield. Give me that Argentine/Uruguayan shitehousery. 

Just now, Pizy said:

For me Ugarte isn’t a flashy player who wows you when you watch his YouTube highlights. But what’s appealing about him is that his skill set perfectly compliments Enzo’s. He looks like a machine who does all the dirty work, covers the whole pitch, presses very well, and is a prolific tackler. He’s the sort of workhorse midfielder Poch has traditionally liked in his midfields.

Reports that he prefers the Premier League.

46 minutes ago, lucio said:

Wish we could find a midfielder like the spurs dembele , always beats the press like kova but also strong as an ox 

Was hoping for more clarity from someone who has watched him lots, is Ugarte a strong enforcer in midfield. He looks very tidy on the ball

If it were a straight choice between Ugarte & Caicedo I’d go with Caicedo simply because he wouldn’t need much time if any to settle as he’s been dominating in the PL for 2 years now. But I don’t think we can do wrong with either.

If we can somehow clear out ALL of RLC, Gallagher, and reluctantly let Kova or Kante leave then one of Ugarte or Caicedo PLUS Lavia would be incredible. But with the striker likely taking up a huge part of the budget as well as goalkeeper I can’t imagine us spending another £100m or more in midfield after doing so on Enzo. Think it’ll be just 1 new midfielder so we better nail that choice whomever it is.

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

If it were a straight choice between Ugarte & Caicedo I’d go with Caicedo simply because he wouldn’t need much time if any to settle as he’s been dominating in the PL for 2 years now. But I don’t think we can do wrong with either.

If we can somehow clear out ALL of RLC, Gallagher, and reluctantly let Kova or Kante leave then one of Ugarte or Caicedo PLUS Lavia would be incredible. But with the striker likely taking up a huge part of the budget as well as goalkeeper I can’t imagine us spending another £100m or more in midfield after doing so on Enzo. Think it’ll be just 1 new midfielder so we better nail that choice whomever it is.

Caicedo a better footballer for sure, but I can't help but feel Ugarte is what we need. A traditional DM. You also have to see Enzo at Benfica and for Argentina, and he thrives best next to a DM. 

Caicedo is just a complete CM. 

54 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Caicedo a better footballer for sure, but I can't help but feel Ugarte is what we need. A traditional DM. You also have to see Enzo at Benfica and for Argentina, and he thrives best next to a DM. 

Caicedo is just a complete CM. 

Yes, strictly in terms of statistical profile Ugarte probably makes more sense. But as you say Caicedo looks like he has more to his game. He’s easier on the eye and a better all around footballer. He very much reminds me of prime Kante though obviously not as good yet. Not someone who is a pure DM but more of a roamer. 

If one of our rivals gets Caicedo he’s going to be a massive pain to go against for years.