Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

3 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Maybe it is just me and it is another false dawn but has no one else noticed Havertz evolving a bit?

He has demanded and collected more balls than usually, driven the team forward, has become slightly more physical. But most importantly he has begun to take on responsibility. Probably has todo with his revised role in the team but he clearly is our leader in attack now. Taking pens, scoring important goals and most importantly putting in his shift even when things are not going for him.

So u say Potter has made him better? 😳

4 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Havertz would easily start there ahead of Moting but where would Mount play? Sane, Mane, Coman, Musiala... 

Having seen in form Mount up close during his time here he’d probably fancy Mase over either Conan or Sané, tbh. 

8 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

Maybe it is just me and it is another false dawn but has no one else noticed Havertz evolving a bit?

He has demanded and collected more balls than usually, driven the team forward, has become slightly more physical. But most importantly he has begun to take on responsibility. Probably has todo with his revised role in the team but he clearly is our leader in attack now. Taking pens, scoring important goals and most importantly putting in his shift even when things are not going for him.

He has been our best attacker. 

Gets the most flack - but quite comfortably the best attacker. No one on our team can score goals - but for some reason - him playing out of his natural position and not being able to do it gets him the most flack. I've been impressed by his hold up play, distribution and physical play. 

To be honest as well, he was at one point the only one playing in between the lines of the defence when it really should have been guys like Mount and Sterling at the time. 

3 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

And the moment i write this, Havertz again hits the right post with a pen ffs

I hope he's taken off PK duty. It's only of time before it really hurts us.

The amount of reporting for Nagelsmann to Spurs is comical, posting that Conte could be out by next week and Nags in 🤣 hope he takes a year out or waits until the summer at least to assess clubs properly.

20 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

I hope he's taken off PK duty. It's only of time before it really hurts us.

Yup. He is not that good a finisher still and it shows on pens. Technique not convincing. 
Can’t think of an obvious candidate to replace him tho.

28 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Yup. He is not that good a finisher still and it shows on pens. Technique not convincing. 
Can’t think of an obvious candidate to replace him tho.

James. His winning PK's in back to back shootouts say enough.

26 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

James. His winning PK's in back to back shootouts say enough.

Yeah he has a good record for us in shoot outs but so did barkley...

Including shoot outs for us, RJ's has only taken 5 pens all career  IICC (missing one at youth level in a decisive match vs City), so that is not really a good sample. Moreover RJ only plays every other game on average for us, so we would still need to find another reliable scorer.

Kai only has this one miss yestereday in a friendly and the one that did not count vs Dortmund and has converted 16 all career all levels (excluding all shootouts this time, can't get comprehensive data for shoot outs on German youth level). That is still a very good record, so even though I still have reservations due to his sketchy technique, I expect him to keep his place.

Edited by Magic Lamps

16 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Yeah he has a good record for us in shoot outs but so did barkley...

Including shoot outs for us, RJ's has only taken 5 pens all career  IICC (missing one at youth level in a decisive match vs City), so that is not really a good sample. Moreover RJ only plays every other game on average for us, so we would still need to find another reliable scorer.

Kai only has this one miss yestereday in a friendly and the one that did not count vs Dortmund and has converted 16 all career all levels (excluding all shootouts this time, can't get comprehensive data for shoot outs on German youth level). That is still a very good record, so even though I still have reservations due to his sketchy technique, I expect him to keep his place.

I wouldn't put much weight on penalties for youth sides. However, his injury record is probably reason enough to have him slightly lower in the pecking order. 

Pulisic is the only other one that comes to mind considering his efforts for the US NT in big matches. He's another player that isn't nailed on to start, so it's the same old story of "there's no one better," which will probably continue to work in Havertz's favour.