Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

13 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I've had a very busy few days. When I got back from Kingsmeadow this afternoon I had something to eat and promptly fell asleep I woke up about half an hour ago and have been reading through this thread. I can honestly say this is the most fun transfer Saga ever.

This is partly because I don't think I've ever seen a Chelsea forum display such unanimity about a transfer target. It's the first time I remember becoming convinced about a transfer based purely on the opinions of other people. I simply do not think it is possible that you could all be wrong. This second-hand opinion means I feel a little bit detached, and can just read the thread like an enjoyable book. 🙂🙂

The only other time in the last 5 years or more I have been this sure of a young CMF or DMF as I am about Bellingham and Enzo was Aurélien Tchouaméni

Bellingham is a pipe dream and tbh, given our needs, Enzo in my opinion will have a bigger impact than Bells would have atm

there are so few world class or near or potenetially (as in next year or so) world class CMF/DMF's out there

20 on the planet that I put there (and I am sure many here will say hell no to some of my stretches), and even fewer 25yo and under

and deep holding defensive playmakers are the rarest of all (in red) other than Kante-style disruptors (only 2m or 3 of those, Kante, Barella, maybe Caicedo, not convinced on him as that, you maybe could make a case for Camavinga, and then the non listed Manu Kone, but they are not there yet in terms of that unique role, only Barella really is for sure, and even he is not prime Kante level)

Jude Bellingham   
Joshua Kimmich
Pedri  
Enzo Fernández
Aurélien Tchouameni
Gavi 
Federico Valverde 
Nicolò Barella   
Bruno Guimarães  
Kante when fit
Casemiro
Frenkie de Jong
Rodri
Luka Modric
Leon Goretzka
Marco Verratti 
Sergej Milinković-Savić 
Declan Rice (I can hear the howls now)
Eduardo Camavinga 
Moisés Caicedo

Bernardo Silva is too much of an AMF to list here, and Foden is NOT a CMF, no clue why T-Markt keeps listing him there

The only way I can see the Enzo deal happening is with a six month loan and I am not sure if we can send more players out on loan with the UEFA regulations.

We could have finalized it 25 days ago. Coming back with hours remaining of the transfer window is pretty shitty on our side. I guess we will wait and see. Still hoping we can pull it off.

12 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

What a good day for Chelsea rumours yesterday was. Much less newsworthy than all the Enzo talk obviously, but just as important to the team, CFCW have been linked with Arsenal's Katie McCabe.

She's a left-sided player with great physical and technical attributes and the habit for collecting yellow cards. She even managed to pick one up against us a couple of weeks ago despite only playing for  a few minutes. Nominally a midfielder, McCabe can play anywhere down the left. If she joins I expect it would be to become our starting left back. She has apparently asked for permission to speak to Chelsea but with 18 months remaining on her deal I'd say there is zero chance this goes anywhere. Arsenal would have to have lost all of their marbles, bought some more and lost those too, to sell such a valuable player, in mid-season no less, to their biggest rival rival.

Chelsea: Emma Hayes shuts down talk of signing Arsenal's Katie McCabe

https://www.givemesport.com/88110273-Chelsea-emma-hayes-shuts-down-talk-of-signing-arsenal-katie-mccabe-from-arsenal

wow, treacherous Portuguese

Ornstein:

https://theathletic.com/4135097/2023/01/30/ornstein-porro-spurs-Chelsea-world-cup-fernandez/

Tottenham Hotspur’s move for Pedro Porro is off after Sporting Lisbon reneged on terms of the proposed deal.

The 23-year-old right wing-back was set to join Spurs and has been left distraught after Sporting president Frederico Varandas told him he would be allowed to leave following Saturday’s Portuguese League Cup final.

Porro now looks set to miss out on the switch despite talks reaching an advanced stage and Sporting lining up Barcelona’s Hector Bellerin as a replacement.

The performances of Porro for Sporting were rewarded with an international debut for Spain in March 2021, which came in a World Cup qualifier against Georgia.

This campaign, he has been a regular presence for Ruben Amorim’s side, recording three goals and 11 assists in 25 matches across all competitions. Sporting sit fourth in the Primeira Liga.

4 minutes ago, lluubbeenn said:

We could have finalized it 25 days ago. Coming back with hours remaining of the transfer window is pretty shitty on our side. I guess we will wait and see. Still hoping we can pull it off.

I doubt this has come out of the blue to Benfica. Ornstein has already said a line of communication between the clubs has been kept open all through January so they must have known there's a good chance we'll go back in for him before the window closes. Romano has been shouting 'Chelsea plan to be very busy near the deadline' for more than a week now so there's obviously been stuff going on behind the scenes.

I think UEFA changing their financial regulations has caused the club to act fast as we're fast approaching the last day it's possible to amortise a players fee for longer than 5 years. Maybe the club thought they'd just continue talks for a summer move in advance (like Nkunku move) but with the rule change they felt they needed to react immediately? It's a huge difference whether the amortisation is €16M a year (7,5 year contract) or if it's €24M a year (5 year contract).

12 minutes ago, lluubbeenn said:

The only way I can see the Enzo deal happening is with a six month loan and I am not sure if we can send more players out on loan with the UEFA regulations.

I think we can send U21s still out on loan

I would be absolutely disgusted if we buy our record transfer that we need urgently and let him go out on loan. Part of the justification for paying so much now is that we need him now. Surely not being discussed at any level in negotiations, even as a joke.

Edited by Mhsc

Failing to get Enzo for a second time this month and then frantically paying WAY over value for Caicedo at the last minute would be such a letdown.

Please let Benfica accept our terms, ffs. You’ll get all your damn money, just maybe not all at once. 😡

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

I do not have an immense amount of hope atm for Broja

and I rate our offensive incomings higher than you apparently do

I rate them; I just don't see any of them as being the right fit to play centrally.  

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

Benz is not coming here

zero chance

We win the CL, & he decides he wants one final challenge with our new influx of French players. 😉

Edited by LAM09

Just now, jandomi10 said:

Benfica boss Roger Schmidt on Enzo Fernandez: "He played top games for Benfica. His attitude, his patience for Benfica is there. But we know how football business is. I can't say anymore."

Benfica fans saying he wasn't very confident he is staying.

8 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

I rate them; I just don't see any of them as being the right fit to play centrally.

Yeah.

We can’t keep persisting with these types of players as our main striking options. Nkunku isnt a CF. Felix isnt a CF. We’ve had a number 10 upfront for almost 2.5 years now and he hasn’t done enough. Werner even played through the middle at times with Frank, again, ill fitted.

Someone who is more of a recognised striker is a must at some point if we are serious about winning trophies. Obviously the hardest position to buy in but we have to get someone who fits that mould. Obviously has to be the right player but where is the goals coming from in this team? This season? We needed a striker last summer. We still need one. Nkunku and Felix aren’t strikers. Fofana is a CF but is he ready? 

Edited by OneMoSalah