Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

45 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Everton selling their biggest asset in the middle of the season probably means they need the cash, have given up on survival and have some clauses in their contracts which would make them miss out on a bigger trasnfer fee in case they get relegated. Their other decent players like DCL or maybe Onana would be up for grabs in summer for sure then.

Biggest asset? Is it just me or does anyone else not really see the potential with this kid Gordon?

I mean his numbers and performances are very very bad. Granted Everton not been good in any way shape or form, but he doesn’t even stick out in a bad Everton team. I don’t get how any club could justify paying £40m plus for somebody who has played 16 games this season and has 3 goals.

As well, take into consideration his antics the last few days, first and foremost he’s a local lad at his boyhood club who are are struggling? Plus he’s not even contributed, made it as a fully fledged footballer or done anything relative in the game to have the right to miss 2 or 3 days of training to try force through a move.

If he had scored say 5-10 goals this season and looked well too good for them and that team, you could maybe see why he’s having to do that/doing it/wanting to leave - but he hasn't and he doesn’t have enough skin in the game.

7 PL goals in 58 games the last 2 seasons for Everton then 8 goals in 90 games his whole club career. Throw in another 6 goals in 27 caps for England u18 to 21.

I dont see how anybody is willing to pay £40m + £5 in add ons like Newcastle have agreed. I mean he probably won’t even start for them? I am glad its not us getting him though although wait and see Boehly probably go match their bid now. 

Edited by OneMoSalah

7 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Biggest asset? Is it just me or does anyone else not really see the potential with this kid Gordon?

I mean his numbers and performances are very very bad. Granted Everton not been good in any way shape or form, but he doesn’t even stick out in a bad Everton team. I don’t get how any club could justify paying £40m plus for somebody who has played 16 games this season and has 3 goals.

As well, take into consideration his antics the last few days, first and foremost he’s a local lad at his boyhood club who are are struggling? Plus he’s not even contributed, made it as a fully fledged footballer or done anything relative in the game to have the right to miss 2 or 3 days of training to try force through a move.

If he had scored say 5-10 goals this season and looked well too good for them and that team, you could maybe see why he’s having to do that/doing it/wanting to leave - but he hasn't and he doesn’t have enough skin in the game.

7 PL goals in 58 games the last 2 seasons for Everton then 8 goals in 90 games his whole club career. Throw in another 6 goals in 27 caps for England u18 to 21.

I dont see how anybody is willing to pay £40m + £5 in add ons like Newcastle have agreed. I mean he probably won’t even start for them? I am glad its not us getting him though although wait and see Boehly probably go match their bid now. 

Stats to go with OMS post. I'm glad we missed him.

Bit weird he is staying at Lyon on loan.. We very much need a righ back.

Maybe the club is worried we cannot make space in the squad to register him? 

As I know, we are full. Is even Madueke registered? Still doesn't have squad number officially.

Just now, nyikolajevics said:

As I know, we are full. Is even Madueke registered? Still doesn't have squad number officially.

I think they would not have got it done in this window and if they waited until the summer they could not do a long contract that helps us stay in compliance with FFP. Only five years would have been counted toward FFP. There could be more reasons.

2 minutes ago, nyikolajevics said:

Not weird at all. Lyon wouldnt let him leave now, but he is a great prospect and there wouldve been a lot of competition in the summer, so we wrapped it up now. Way better than going for a short term fix, to save this terrible season.

Also Madueke is #31..

Good to get him wrapped up ahead of the significant competition in the summer but damn, now it’s fingers crossed that Reece doesn’t get injured again. Above every other signing this month a RB was perhaps the most necessary for immediate use. Sucks that we’ll have to wait.