Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

45 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Loaning out any underperforming players would be stupid. We need to get rid of them for good. If Ziyech goes someone on loan and continues to look average then he’ll be even harder to sell down the road. Which could in turn hinder us in pursuits for other players.

We can’t have more Bakayoko/Drinkwater/Kenedy situations where shit players go out on loan, stink up the place, and then they’re stuck on our wage bill for years providing zero value.

Sell Pulisic, sell RLC, sell Ziyech, let Jorginho walk on a free in the summer. That would be a hefty chunk of change off our books.

I wouldn't put it past Todd and the boys to just pay some of this lot off. No ones taking on these overpaid fannies atm and I don't imagine there'll be a mad scramble in the summer

52 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

What a fucking joke, fucked both Enzo and Arsen.

Tbf unless this kid is going to add something right now, why really push for his signing? Has any club else been linked with him as extensively as we have?

Again, this move if it were to happen, seems like Boehly & co are going towards an unnecessary stockpiling of younger players which 1) we did this under Roman and people criticised it in terms of the progression of these players, they cannot all come through and play at the same time so we have the opportunity of guys like Salah/De Bruyne/Livramento etc all going elsewhere and doing well and 2) I thought the club wanted to avoid this by having a multi club model like Leipzig/Salzburg and the City group? This isnt up and running yet so maybe they should prioritise players who can come in and give this squad and 11 a much needed boost this season, next and the one after before thinking lets sign 10 18 year olds who could maybe play 2 or 3 years at a feeder club on loan then come back. We need to keep one eye on the short and mid term as well as just the long term.

I mean is anyone sure that Russian kids good enough to come in and contribute to our first 11 ATM? I doubt it. Not saying there’s no potential but we need a CM who can contribute at a high level now more than in 2025/26/27. Kante is older and not been right fitness wise for a while, Jorginho and Kovacic are inconsistent and prone to some spells on the sidelines also. Zakaria also out injured.

I mean on our books at present the amount of attackers we have in the squad and on loan is a joke too which isn’t being addressed at all by the looks of it. We should be trying to get some of these out the door this month if possible or definitely get clubs trying to make deals for the summer.

I think we should probably prioritise a CM who is ready to come in and play at a big PL club and a decent back up RB then stop spending this window. Unless something absolutely outstanding comes up. Then the next priority is going to have to be to try and shift 3 or 4 players this window at least be it loans or sales. Guys like Ruben, Puli/Ziyech, Andre Santos (loan?), D. D. Fofana (loan?). Or even the likes of Aubamayang if possible to go back to Barcelona? We can sign as many players as we want but until we start shifting some too its going to be a very complicated situation come the summer. These sales/loans may be very protracted, I would also of thought Boehly & co would want to move away from this us loaning out experienced players and move towards selling them like he did with Werner. Lukaku, Ruben, Pulisic, Ziyech… we cannot just keep loaning these guys out forever.

another thing also on signing every talented youngster out there is that again our academy, who have got top prospects coming through it for years now, are going to leave due to concerns about coming theougy the system to the first team. 

1 hour ago, ulvhedin said:

European clubs are heavily criticised if they even want to play friendly game vs Russian clubs, and some people here believe we will sign player from Russian club. Wake up.

That’s not really the same thing.

44 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

For this money better get that guy from Porro or Malo Gusto.

You mean Pedro Porro? Sporting want £45m for him, right? That’s way too much for us to spend on someone to cover for Reece. Plus, I think Porro is way too good to be on the bench more often than not. 

Tbh, Dumfries is probably too good to be sat on the bench as well and will cost more than we should be looking to play. 

16 minutes ago, Pizy said:

You mean Pedro Porro? Sporting want £45m for him, right? That’s way too much for us to spend on someone to cover for Reece. Plus, I think Porro is way too good to be on the bench more often than not. 

Tbh, Dumfries is probably too good to be sat on the bench as well and will cost more than we should be looking to play. 

Think Porro can play on the wing as well. 

3 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

I agree he hasn't been anywhere close to what he can or should be but of last 9 Chelsea goals he scored 4 and assisted one. If he is atrocious and abysmal what can we say about other attacking players? 

Of all Chelsea attacking players he is the last one I would sell. 

Last one we should sell? Really? Most of them not been up to it true but still, Kai’s basically been masquerading as a top level footballer for the last 18 months. I don’t see what he’s done barring a little spell under Tuchel to justify him staying here in the long run. If someone offered £50-60m tomorrow I’d hope the club would bite their hand off because he isn’t going to be worth anything like that at this rate.

I mean is anybody here really any closer to knowing his best position? Is he best as a striker or a number 10? And to be honest, I don’t see him contributing much here as any of those 2 positions. Not due to his team mates being poor/average too but mainly due to the fact he just doesn’t look as if he can. 

I mean Felix and Nkunku are effectively similar types of players to Havertz in terms of they can play as forwards and as 10s/second strikers, who would be more a like for like swap for Havertz than a Mount, Ziyech, Pulisic etc.

Havertz is 100% someone I feel would make us regret selling. Still very young, still has fantastic upside if we have a team around him preforming well.

Imo, we shouldn’t even consider moving him on despite how annoying his form has been recently. He’d go to another big team and be a beast.

4 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Havertz is 100% someone I feel would make us regret selling. Still very young, still has fantastic upside if we have a team around him preforming well.

Imo, we shouldn’t even consider moving him on despite how annoying his form has been recently. He’d go to another big team and be a beast.

Recently, as in the last 2.5 years?

30 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Where does he fit in though when Nkunku is here and with two wingers and maybe even Felix staying... he isn't good enough to play in the striker/false 9 role.

18 minutes ago, DDA said:

Where does he fit in though when Nkunku is here and with two wingers and maybe even Felix staying... he isn't good enough to play in the striker/false 9 role.

A lot really depends on what we do with Felix. If we try to buy him permanently I think it could spell the end for Havertz. Assuming Auba is 100% gone in the summer we’ll have a big decision to make. Hard to picture us carrying all 4 of Felix, Nkunku, Havertz, and David Fofana. So it probably comes down to Havertz vs Felix. 

The rest of this season may just be an audition between the two to see which better fits with Potter’s vision.

On 16/01/2023 at 09:25, OhForAGreavsie said:

I heard on commentary yesterday that Palace fans were booing Connor. Is that true, and does anyone know why? Did he celebrate the goal perhaps?

He got booed towards the end of the game because Palace fans felt he was timewasting. He went down when Palace were looking to resume play and took a while to come up which irritated Palace players who got quite aggressive with him, which was strange considering all the players involved were ones he was with last season and most notably Guehi picked him up quite aggressively then shoved him and both of them grew up together in the same academy for a lot of years. That is when he got booed. Before that they gave him a kind reception. One point he went to take a corner at their end and they were giving him an applause.

Edited by Stats