Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

14 minutes ago, Jype said:

UEFA are not but are the UK? Is it even possible for a Russian national to apply for a work permit there now?

Last year i remember UEFA gave the players in russian teams the possibility to ”pause” their contracts and play somewhere else during some time (dont remember how long).

Pretty much like you loaned a player for free and only paying their wage to the player.

And i think the problem with Arsen is that we cant buy him because we arent allowed to give money to a russian club.

The club wants to sell him, the player wants the transfer and Chelsea wants to buy him. But its impossible to pay for him and to do the transfer.

And as you said, i dont know if the UK/PL would give him permission to play here anyway?

Edited by Costa19

54 minutes ago, Jype said:

Is it even possible for a Russian national to apply for a work permit there now?

Of course, there is not a blanket ban on Russians simply because they are Russian citizens.

WORK VISA UK REQUIREMENTS FOR RUSSIAN CITIZENS 2022

Russian citizens can apply for UK work visa. The most popular visa in Russia for working in the UK is the Skilled Worker (previously Tier 2 General). However, Russian citizens can apply for other types of UK work visa such as Innovator, Startup, Global Talent, Health and Care Worker etc.

SKILLED WORKER VISA FOR EMIGRATE TO UK FROM RUSSIA

If Russian citizens are sponsored to do a specific skilled job for a Home Office licensed sponsor, then can apply for Skilled Worker visa. The Skilled Worker visa has replaced the Tier 2 General (aka work permit) in 2020. However, unlike Tier 2 General, this new route for skilled workers can lead to permanent settlement (ILR) in the UK. Therefore, Russian citizens can move to UK from Russia through the Skilled Worker visa route.

UK Skilled worker visa fees depends on the duration of the Certificate of Sponsorship (COS) for main applicant and dependants. If the COS is for three years or less, then the Skilled Worker visa fees in Russia are $786. However, if the COS is for three years or more then the skilled worker visa application cost is $1,552.

If the job is in Shortage Occupation, then Skilled Worker visa fees in Russia are $602 and $1,185.

4 hours ago, Vesper said:

as I posted a while back, other Russian team players are transferring out, so ffs, just sort this

5f63bf90da31d2cec2a809b38394271d.pngde69b5201ec96e74e8f0cadad65509c0.png

Just another brexit benefit I suppose. Brexitaria, where Europeans come to die laughing.

(The civil servant in charge of work permits is an Arsenal fan?)

1 minute ago, turgi said:

Just give them Colwill and add £60 million. We have enough CBs at least until we decide to get rid of two of them in the summer.

Absolutely nonsense. Colwill has established himself as a starter at Brighton, literally all Brighton fans are raving on him and saying they should break the bank for him because he is absolutely world class.

If we sell him we are absolutely retarded.

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

I do not think his being Russian is the issue, I think its the fact it's a Russian club

I see a Russian national who was playing for Krasnodar going out on loan a few days ago to a UEFA club (Israeli clubs are in UEFA), so UEFA is not blocking Russians

50e6d2502186ac02c8054b9f36c23f0c.png

Could be because Israel has not imposed sanctions on Russia. In other words, uefa is not issuing sanctions independently of EU/nation states. 

6 minutes ago, turgi said:

Just give them Colwill and add £60 million. We have enough CBs at least until we decide to get rid of two of them in the summer.

Badiashile (who played a single game for us) seems to be the CB we can be most sure to be counting on long term. That doesnt sound very secure to me.

Trossard definitely feels like the kind of signing we’d have made in years past. A pretty good but not great player who won’t pull up trees and we’ll struggle to move on because he’ll soon be 30 and on big wages. 

Like I said yesterday, now that we’ve brought in Fofana, Felix, and Mudryk we’ve refreshed the attack enough for this window. Don’t buy another forward who isn’t our ideal target just for the sake of it.

29 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

Absolutely nonsense. Colwill has established himself as a starter at Brighton, literally all Brighton fans are raving on him and saying they should break the bank for him because he is absolutely world class.

If we sell him we are absolutely retarded.

I was being sarcastic.

Mind you, I won’t be surprised if we did get rid of him. Should have been a starter for Chelsea instead of buying more dead wood.

16 minutes ago, ulvhedin said:

What do you guys think about Kouadia Kone, is he similar to Caicedo? Do you think he better or worse than him?

Kouadio ('o' not 'a' on the end, and he now goes by the easier, but unfortunately more quotidian first name of Manu)

Different types of player. They could easily co-exist though. I am a big Koné fangirl. I have posted on him multiple times.