Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

10 minutes ago, milka said:

Watching this kid’s footage reminds me of Zaha in terms of dribbling style. Looks simultaneously like he’s out of control and totally in control. Really quick, twitchy kind of style.

He is the sort of wide player I’ve been crying out for but would be yet another player that’s a huge gamble. And apparently he’s injured all the time on top of that.

What's all this Madueke talk now?

An injury prone player from PSV with 12 goals and 9 assists to his name in around 60 games and they're demanding the same money for him as they sold their absolute star performer Cody Gakpo to Liverpool for? This is some high level bullshit.

Only 20 years of age and already has 7 different injuries recorded on his Transfermarkt page for +50 games missed out overall. Yeah that's exactly what we need.

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

Also, why is a supposedly highly rated young English player playing abroad?

Silly question really.

Lots of young English players have gone abroad in recent years and struck gold with their development. With examples set by the likes of Sancho, Bellingham etc. more and more players are open to giving the foreign leagues a go. Rightly so because it can offer a very good pathway to first team football at an early age. 

Nothing dubious about having left England to build a career elsewhere first before making the return as a ready-made first teamer but I'd still pass based on the injury record alone.

10 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Also, why is a supposedly highly rated young English player playing abroad? And why is no other English team interested?

Wow. Well lets see. I mean why do any young English players play abroad? To develop….

I suppose the same statement re why aren't any/other English teams being interested in said player or players who are up and coming/promising/good can be said of Marcus Edwards at Sporting Lisbon who is a pretty good player, Fikayo Tomori at AC Milan, Tammy Abraham at Roma, even guys like Etienne Green at Saint-Etienne and Stephy Mavididi in France too? Who are maybe not at the top tier but are also making pretty decent names for themselves at a reasonable level? 

Or do all good English/British players have to be linked to every top English club to be considered good? Good god.

54 minutes ago, Jype said:

Silly question really.

Lots of young English players have gone abroad in recent years and struck gold with their development. With examples set by the likes of Sancho, Bellingham etc. more and more players are open to giving the foreign leagues a go. Rightly so because it can offer a very good pathway to first team football at an early age. 

Nothing dubious about having left England to build a career elsewhere first before making the return as a ready-made first teamer but I'd still pass based on the injury record alone.

48 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Wow. Well lets see. I mean why do any young English players play abroad? To develop….

I suppose the same statement re why aren't any/other English teams being interested in said player or players who are up and coming/promising/good can be said of Marcus Edwards at Sporting Lisbon who is a pretty good player, Fikayo Tomori at AC Milan, Tammy Abraham at Roma, even guys like Etienne Green at Saint-Etienne and Stephy Mavididi in France too? Who are maybe not at the top tier but are also making pretty decent names for themselves at a reasonable level? 

Or do all good English/British players have to be linked to every top English club to be considered good? Good god.

Jesus, take it easy. You’d think I just insulted your mothers or something.

I’m not suggesting that he’s shit because he isn’t at one of the elite English clubs. I’m just curious why he’s not in England altogether, be it at a small club or big one and why I haven’t even heard of him until just a few days ago. 

Usually you see these exciting English talents in the Championship and lower half PL clubs will take punts in them. It’s just slightly unusual to see a talent like his abroad instead.