Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

2 hours ago, Tomo said:

Got mixed feelings with this one as I rate him [Gvardiol] incredibly highly but I'm also a big Colwill believer despite what is happening at Brighton.

Then, depending on how you feel about Chilly & Cucu, hop onboard the Gvardiol for LB/LWB train. I'm convinced he has the attributes and that the roll suits him.🙂 

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

3 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Except in that we hope the new crew learn from it. The new leadership are high calibre people. They can't help but see what went before and I at least will be stunned if they don't take lessons from it.

They are making strides to make sure they have the best possible team around them to help the club strive, so it's promising. Let's see what type of position we're in 12 to 18 months from now.

4 hours ago, Vesper said:

2025-26 Real Madrid potential starting XI

eeeeek

GK Thibaut Courtois 
CB Josko Gvardiol
CB Éder Militão (see below, I am still not sold that he is who they want at the end of the day) 
LB Alphonso Davies (only team that could pull him, I wager, maybe Citeh could)
RB Achraf Hakimi
DMF Aurélien Tchouameni 
CMF Federico Valverde   
AMF/CMF Hybrid Jude Bellingham
LW Vinicius Junior
RW Endrick
CF Kylian Mbappé

and I can see them also looking at (if things go in a different direction for some above)

red are the hardest to pull

CB Rúben Dias (they are the only team who could pull him)
CB Ronald Araújo (only because it is Barca)
CB Matthijs de Ligt
CB Cristian Romero
LB Bukayo Saka
LB Nuno Mendes
LB Theo Hernández
RB Reece James

RB Trent Alexander-Arnold (his defence, though, yikes)
RB Diogo Dalot (vastly superior to TAA on defence)
CMF Nicolò Barella (very doubtful they need him, but I did want to list one CMF)  
AMF Jamal Musiala (hard as fuck pull, but imagine him as the AMF, Bellingham as the CMF, Tchou as DMF, and they sell Valverde to fund, which, I admit is VERY unlikely, as Valverde is top 3 CMF on planet himself)
AMF Florian Wirtz  (IF he recovers fully)  
Winger Khvicha Kvaratskhelia (ambipedal, can play either wing, which is huge)
RW/SS Rafael Leão (they really do not need him IF they end up with Mbappe, as they already have Vini Jr there too) 
CF Erling Håland (not sure if they even would move for him, if they pull Mbappe, you start to have overload up front, as both Vini and Mbappe are LW'ers (Mbappe can play CF too), not sold on one of them moving to RW, especially if Endrick, a left-footer, blows up there, plus Endrick can play CF as well)
CF Victor Osimhen
CF Dušan Vlahović 
CF Gonçalo Ramos (if he keeps blowing up)

This all looks fine and well in principle but 3 - 4 years away is a long time in football. 

Some players will lose form and drop off, some players will get injured, and between now and then there will be other players that develop in their own time into top talents which might not be so obvious right now, and new players that come through academies.

It'd be interesting for what a list similar to this might have looked like 3, 4, 5 years ago compared to reality today. Would it have included someone like Dele Alli? Rashford? Sancho? Havertz?

At this moment in time we just have to focus and worry about ourselves and not what anyone else is currently doing. Get our house in order and the rest will follow.

5 hours ago, Superblue said:

This all looks fine and well in principle but 3 - 4 years away is a long time in football. 

Some players will lose form and drop off, some players will get injured, and between now and then there will be other players that develop in their own time into top talents which might not be so obvious right now, and new players that come through academies.

It'd be interesting for what a list similar to this might have looked like 3, 4, 5 years ago compared to reality today. Would it have included someone like Dele Alli? Rashford? Sancho? Havertz?

At this moment in time we just have to focus and worry about ourselves and not what anyone else is currently doing. Get our house in order and the rest will follow.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2017/oct/04/next-generation-2017-60-of-the-best-young-talents-in-world-football

12 hours ago, Superblue said:

3 or 4?

after next season, there is only one more season (2024/25) in between that line-up's season (2025/26) I posted

They cannot sign all of those in just 2 summers (2023 and 2024) although they could (and likely will) make huge inroads then

they already are possibly well down that path, unfortunately

The only thing they are being stupid about IMHO is that fucking Super League bullshit

I doubt they 100% run the table on all of those (Bellingham will be hard as hell, for instance, as would the first two CB's listed in my options list), but I wager they will come damn close, especially given that alternatives list

7 hours ago, Strike said:

Only one on there I really wanted was Havertz, who unfortunately just is not a good fit it turns out, for us, given the systems we have used

at least he played a huge role in winning the CL for us

Sancho was never a 'OMG, we have to buy him' type for me

examples of that type for me were/are : Tchou, Bellingham, Gvardiol, Skriniar, Oblak, Osimhen (as we had no shot at Mbappe or Håland, despite trying for Håland, the money was just too insane and once his RC kicked in, Citeh was there), Theo (years before him, Alex Sandro), and Hakimi.

4 hours ago, Vesper said:

3 or 4?

after next season, there is only one more season (2024/25) in between that line-up's season (2025/26) I posted

3 years from now we'd be in the middle of this 2025/26 season you've mentioned.

That's a huge amount of time in football. 

1 hour ago, Superblue said:

3 years from now we'd be in the middle of this 2025/26 season you've mentioned.

That's a huge amount of time in football. 

the summer 2025 window will be in the rear view 3 years from now

I already took into account ageing players for my list

Edited by Vesper

3 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

I see a lot of rumours about Leao again. But can he play together with Nkunku? How would that look on the pitch position wise? 

3 5 2

3 4 1 2

3 3 2 2

3 2 3 2

4 4 2

4 3 1 2

4 2 2 2

4 1 3 2

3 3 1 2 1

3 4 2 1

4 3 2 1