Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

Yeah then this happens...

West Ham have dropped their interest in Chelsea's 28-year-old left-back Emerson because of the Brazilian's high wage demands. (Guardian)

• so we're fucking stuck with him

Just now, bigbluewillie said:

Yeah then this happens...

West Ham have dropped their interest in Chelsea's 28-year-old left-back Emerson because of the Brazilian's high wage demands. (Guardian)

• so we're fucking stuck with him

I'm worried we still have both Alonso and Emerson Palmieri around 2 weeks before the window ends

4 hours ago, Clockwork said:

I know you are lying to yourself, just ask yourself if you would be happy if this the typical performances from Sterling. For me i wouldn’t be happy.

Just checked Whoscored, they gave him a 6.5 average performance for his first two matches. Which is fair. 

This is why people say Yanks no nothing about football ........ sterling has been at man city for 7 YEARS playing the same football under Pep, that style has been embedded in his mind and muscle memory. Now he's in the transition of manager play styles, his first thought atm when he gets the balls is peps way of playin, now you can tell when you actually watch him atm he's thinking about every move and pass. Although he has mass prem experience! Getting 7 years of the same tactics and play style out of your system and a different way of playing in your system will take time. Its not TT fault its not Sterling's fault. And to say you wouldn't be happy!!!! You won't be happy until TT is out the door! You've made that very clear.

I dont think Boehly would be stupid enough to spend 27mn on Auba

Something smells Barca (fishy) here

Maybe we pay a good amount for Auba for Barca to balance their books and we get a higher price for Alonso spread across many years (Even adjustment in FDJ deal could be a possibility if it happens)

Pjanic and Arthur deal comes to mind thinking about all of this.

I think aubameyang brings balance to our attack with his experience, he has been top scorer in EPL before and he and tuchel are "lovers". He gives me similar vibes as when Chelsea signed Nicolas anelka. Not a sure starter but a very competent squad player with goals in his game and a former captain too. The balance in our attack will be great with aubameyang as the experienced striker, Havertz entering his prime and the powerful broja as the young striker. Aubameyang guarantees us top4 with the players we already have. Fofana addition may see us trouble the top2 especially if de jong somehow happens.

1 minute ago, ChelseaInvasion said:

I think aubameyang brings balance to our attack with his experience, he has been top scorer in EPL before and he and tuchel are "lovers". He gives me similar vibes as when Chelsea signed Nicolas anelka. Not a sure starter but a very competent squad player with goals in his game and a former captain too. The balance in our attack will be great with aubameyang as the experienced striker, Havertz entering his prime and the powerful broja as the young striker. Aubameyang guarantees us top4 with the players we already have. Fofana addition may see us trouble the top2 especially if de jong somehow happens.

Anelka worked for us because he was a very intelligent player.

He also set his ego aside and played second fiddle to an in-form Drogba, especially in 09-10 when we won the league.

No problems if Aubameyang is here just to fill the squad. But is Tuchel really bringing him here just to be an option on the bench? 

13 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

He also set his ego aside and played second fiddle to an in-form Drogba, especially in 09-10 when we won the league.

No problems if Aubameyang is here just to fill the squad. But is Tuchel really bringing him here just to be an option on the bench? 

Second fiddle? He was younger when he came 29 or 30, but he was one of the first names on the team sheet:

2008/09 - 37 pl app

2009/10 - 33 pl app

2010/11 - 32 pl app

And I guess in the modern game age is less of an issue thanks to physical training. Just look at how many examples there are of players over 32 around Europe's best teams. 

Ex Arsenal players have always done well with Chelsea. Gallas, Ashley Cole, Fabregas and even Giroud have done well in our colours.

We also need a finisher and he has premier league experience and has also worked with Tuchel before. This is a no brainier, Get Auba in!!

38 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

Havertz is worth over 100 million pounds, broja about 50 million, aubameyang is 33years and cost only 20 million+. The value is determinant. If havertz gets injured aubameyang will be a great support for broja. We had numerous injuries in attack last  season.Aubameyang isn't a conventional no. 9 and will also provide support for Sterling and mount when on the wings. Look at what our closest competitors last season spurs have got in attack (kane, son, kulisevski, richarlison, perisic, moura) for 3 positions, highly experienced. With Werner and Lukaku gone we lack experience from the bench and there's a world cup mid season so starters will burn out surely. Competing for EPL, UCL and world cup in one year is crazy for players like mount, havertz and Sterling who give everything on the pitch so they will need rest and aubameyang can replace all three.

45 minutes ago, kellzfresh said:

Ex Arsenal players have always done well with Chelsea. Gallas, Ashley Cole, Fabregas and even Giroud have done well in our colours.

We also need a finisher and he has premier league experience and has also worked with Tuchel before. This is a no brainier, Get Auba in!!

Gallas was with us before going to Arsenal :) Anelka was another example of former Arsenal player that did good with us