Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Urgh, don't start hyping Zaha because he scored a goal. He's such an inconsistent player that goes missing for huge periods in matches. Gone are the days of Kalouda, please don't bring them back. He's simply not good enough for us. 

10 minutes ago, We Hate Scouse said:

Urgh, don't start hyping Zaha because he scored a goal. He's such an inconsistent player that goes missing for huge periods in matches. Gone are the days of Kalouda, please don't bring them back. He's simply not good enough for us. 

As are the majority of the attackers we have here already.

I'd happily take ASM for a fair price or even a swap of Pulisic, if their interest in him is genuine, as he'd offer something few players can whilst being young enough to still have room for improvement.

To be honest, this Casadei kid were apparently crazy about getting doesn’t look like anything special at all from what I’m watching. Doesn’t look like some wonderkid or future superstar. Not even remotely as impressive as the other young midfielder we just signed.

10 minutes ago, Pizy said:

To be honest, this Casadei kid were apparently crazy about getting doesn’t look like anything special at all from what I’m watching. Doesn’t look like some wonderkid or future superstar. Not even remotely as impressive as the other young midfielder we just signed.

Yup him, Gordon, Auba and Fofana are completely pointless signings. Paying huge sums for average players. Fofana and Auba I can atleast understand the reasoing, we need these kind of players and now are forced to overpay cos everybody and his dog knows the predicament we are in. But they are both not the needed quality.

1 hour ago, Magic Lamps said:

The motivation for the Saudis investing in Nucastle is sportswashing. They want to shake off their humans rights record and burnish their image by getting publicity via their very visible involvement in the PL. why would they also support ilium club behind closed doors? They would not get anything out of it 

The Saudis already have billions parked in Clearlake

Nick Candy knew something was up with Goldstein, he refused to join the consortium because of him

would have SO much rather have had Candy than him

plus Candy wanted to do the Roman stadium, not some hodgepodge slap job

Edited by Vesper

2 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Nick Candy knew something was up with Goldstein, he refused to join the consortium because of him

would have SO much rather have had Candy than him

plus Candy wanted to do the Roman stadium, not some hodgepodge slap job

There's a reason why Candy didn't get past the initial bid process and it's because his bid quite clearly wasn't strong enough.

He knows exactly what to say to Chelsea fans because he is one. That doesn't mean he's a top candidate for the role of owner. To be honest, my preference is a non Chelsea fan who can look at things with an impartial view without blinkers on. Candy was already quoted saying he wouldn't have sacked Lampard and appointed Tuchel.

If he wanted to do the Roman stadium, where is he raising that amount of money because he doesn't have anything close to that himself?

If Boehly/Clearlake manage to get the capacity increased to something around say 55,000 and are able to renovate it without the club moving away for years on end, that's significantly better than a brand new stadium we have to wait half a decade or more for. The idea Roman had simply is no longer feasible for the club.

On a different note

@Vesper what do you think about Amine Gouiri? Looks like a quick, technically very polished all action striker maybe a mix between Jesus and Muriel. Great team player assists as much as he scores. Not sure about his pressing and overall size but is young enough to work on both. Apparently PSG want to sign him for less than 40m euros which is a reasonably price.

1 minute ago, Superblue_1986 said:

There's a reason why Candy didn't get past the initial bid process and it's because his bid quite clearly wasn't strong enough.

He knows exactly what to say to Chelsea fans because he is one. That doesn't mean he's a top candidate for the role of owner. To be honest, my preference is a non Chelsea fan who can look at things with an impartial view without blinkers on. Candy was already quoted saying he wouldn't have sacked Lampard and appointed Tuchel.

If he wanted to do the Roman stadium, where is he raising that amount of money because he doesn't have anything close to that himself?

If Boehly/Clearlake manage to get the capacity increased to something around say 55,000 and are able to renovate it without the club moving away for years on end, that's significantly better than a brand new stadium we have to wait half a decade or more for. The idea Roman had simply is no longer feasible for the club.

you are mis-understanding

I am not talking about him a the principal owner

I am talking about his looking to join the consortium led by Boehly, AFTER his own bid failed

Just now, Magic Lamps said:

On a different note

@Vesper what do you think about Amine Gouiri? Looks like a quick, technically very polished all action striker maybe a mix between Jesus and Muriel. Great team player assists as much as he scores. Not sure about his pressing and overall size but is young enough to work on both. Apparently PSG want to sign him for less than 40m euros which is a reasonably price.

I had him on the expansive lists, but I was never fully sold (yet, I surely could be)

he certainly would be FAR better than Auba

I was just kind of holding back to see what he did this season

3 minutes ago, Vesper said:

you are mis-understanding

I am not talking about him a the principal owner

I am talking about his looking to join the consortium led by Boehly, AFTER his own bid failed

Pretty certain he was never asked to join and there was never an intention from Boehly to take him in. 

I believe Candy said that about Goldstein when it was put to him if he'd join any other bids, or specifically Boehly's. 

As far as I'm aware he never rejected them because he was never asked.