Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

25 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Ginter definitely played an awesome season. But also Hummels and hinteregger had great seasons which does not mean we should sign them.

Especially in the beginning of the season, Ginter led the by far best defense in the leauge, but they tailed off in the later stages. You have to say Ginter is tactically extremely well educated, having played under various tactical perfectionists such as Tuchel and Streich. Gladbach play a very offensive style with a high line that leves a lot of space to cover, so Ginters positioning and organisation of the defense have been vital for them. In the poor second half ot the seaosn, the offense somehow stopped firing and invited more pressure on the defense, which Ginter was less comfortable of coping with but still remained their best defender. He is very experienced at 26 with a good 250+ games at top level but not much CL and I think it will take some time for Löw to realize that he cant trust Rüdiger till he makes Günter 2nd CB next to Süle.

That being said, i dont think a deal is likely. He will most probably extend with Gladbach. Also it is reported we only inquired about him being free next season, whic is highly improbable. If he moves this summer, Atletico and Inter are reportedly pondering a bid more concretely.

https://sport.sky.de/fussball/artikel/transfer-news-sky-info-atletico-steigt-in-rennen-um-ginter-ein/12037696/35311

Good to know. Is there any chance this could be a Ginter for AC swap coming? Would Gladbach be happy with AC back? 

1 hour ago, King Kante said:

Good to know. Is there any chance this could be a Ginter for AC swap coming? Would Gladbach be happy with AC back? 

I think so. He has a great reputation over there and would gladly take him back. I am not sure Ginter is willing to move clubs yet tho

Oblak and Gimenez have same release clause.

What is better?

Oblak and cheaper CB option for 30m max like Ginter or Gabriel or splashing cash on Gimenez and buy cheap GK like Pope, Areola or Onana? What would improve us more?

13 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Oblak and Gimenez have same release clause.

What is better?

Oblak and cheaper CB option for 30m max like Ginter or Gabriel or splashing cash on Gimenez and buy cheap GK like Pope, Areola or Onana? What would improve us more?

I think Jimenez + onana would help us far more. We need a defensive leader. A proper warrior. And aomeone to get the best out of zouma/tomori (who are both good defenders). 

Onana will be an upgrade too.

So we will basically be getting 2 upgrades rather than 1 upgrade and 1 yet another good CB.

5 hours ago, Jason said:

Think hes rebuilt his reputation. He had the bigger move to Dortmund earlier on in his career and it didnt come together but now he has slowly improved and become a good CB who is in his prime years, aged 26 now. He has the technical and physical attributes all modern day German defenders have and would be a good option, plus he has developed real leadership qualities and is seen of more as a senior figure at Gladbach.

1 hour ago, Alabama said:

@Vesper

What happen to Thilo Kehrer...any chance PSG can sell to us and what is his current ability? Is he has good as he was in Schalke when PSG got him...

He has mainly played at RB for PSG. He was injured for a long while too.

13 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Said it before, I think there is a very high probability Rice is gonna return to Chelsea some day. Most definitely not this summer tho

Yeah, only way he comes back this season is if we can offload Dross and Batsh*t to them and he puts in a transfer request. 

5 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

So Rice, Chilwell and Havertz all asked to join Chelsea? B)

It is coming from Castles, that tells you it is 100% pure BS. I would trust any random member on here who said they were an ITK more than Castles. 

23 minutes ago, King Kante said:

It is coming from Castles, that tells you it is 100% pure BS. I would trust any random member on here who said they were an ITK more than Castles. 

I agree, BS source but I still expect this to happen. I just dont think we will have money to bring them all this summer.

I don't think we're going to bring in a LB at this point. Not if we spend big on Havertz and a keeper. If we do it won't be Chilwell. Maybe a cheap option like Gosens.

If you listen to the rumors Chelsea is basically buying an entirely new first XI! 

Havertz, new keeper, and maybe a CB. The likes of Rice and Chilwell will surely have to wait until next summer.