Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

2 hours ago, whats happening said:

you guys not counting wages into transfer fees or what?

I don't think wages are going to be a big problem. The total wage bill is surely down from the last couple of years following the inclusion of club homegrown youth in the squad and some of the higher paid players like Morata, Hazard, Luiz, Cesc etc. all having left and Willian, Pedro + others still to go.

But even so I'd say there's absolutely no way the club are paying £400K/wk to anyone not named Mbappe or Messi because it'd totally break the wage structure at the club. At the moment I believe only Kante gets £250-300K/week but after him there is a huge drop in wages and I don't think anyone gets even 200k. A few players are in the £150-180K region (Werner, Kepa) and most of the other first teamers are somewhere between £100K to £150K. If Havertz joins he'll get roughly the same as Werner I would think.

However, transfers are not as simple math as @NikkiCFC made it out to be. Club has had to rely on sales and CL money to break-even financially so net spend doesn't really mean anything regarding the club's spending power. Transfer finances are also divided to the contract length and are way more complicated than just "sell player for price of X and buy other player for price of Y" so it's really difficult to say what effect a transfer has on the club finances. But as long as Marina has okayed the signings, they should be financially feasible for the club. Based on rumours she is far from being done so there either must still be a lot of money left or she's super confident of getting good prices for the deadwood again.

3 hours ago, Jason said:

Thats a back hand comment, he wants us spending

13 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

If we were going to lose Jorginho, we should jump all over Thiago Alcantara. 29 years old but could easily play at this level to he is 33 or 34 as he is purely a technical footballer. 32m apparently is what they want for him. Has won virtually everything at club level Too. 

I would like him here too but rumours say he is pool bound

58 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

If we were going to lose Jorginho, we should jump all over Thiago Alcantara. 29 years old but could easily play at this level to he is 33 or 34 as he is purely a technical footballer. 32m apparently is what they want for him. Has won virtually everything at club level Too. 

Liverpool news and transfers LIVE - Thiago Alcantara 'terms agreed'

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-transfer-news-live-thiago-18611390

3 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I really do not know why people keep talking about Oblak without explaining how the hell we are going to take on his over £600K PW gross salary. (£358K PW net)

that would MELT our wage structure

As other members pointed out, those numbers thrown around are probably incorrect. Around 200K/250K seems more likely given AM wage structure.

4 hours ago, Simon1991 said:

As other members pointed out, those numbers thrown around are probably incorrect. Around 200K/250K seems more likely given AM wage structure.

the Spanish Big 3 (Atleti included) have HUGE wage bills

Oblak release clause is £108m

so £50m cash + Kepa puts Kepa's valuation at £58m

which is NEVER gonna happen

especially as he has 5 years left on his contract at £190K per week 

£49.4m

if that actually happened then we just got Oblak for basically giving him to Atleti and paying his salary for 5 years

of course Oblak¨s salary if he came will be at least what he has now

which is the true deal killer from OUR end

0613a76728acd3730d851c71a76d2874.png

it is now £18.9m per year with the exchange rate

so if we signed him to 5 years, that is £94.5m amortised outlay just to match

if he demands a 7 year deal,  (he is 27 now, 28yo in January) that is £132m amortised in salary outlays over 7 years

on edit

as confirmed via Capology and multiple other sites

is his GROSS salary 400K euros PW

not his net, I do not know why they claimed he nets it

so his actual (as we always deal only in gross)

weekly gross salary in pounds is £363K per week at current FOREX rates

7 minutes ago, Vesper said:

but, yes, let everybody dismiss everything posted on every subject, dispute every number even if backed up

and just only accept a narrative exactly fitting their world view and prejudices

seems like a good way to roll

:eyes:

Just because you found something on the internet does not mean it's true. And I am not saying he definitely is not earning that, just seems highly unlikely.

To prove my point, i just put "oblak wages" on google, first result was the following.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2821923-jan-oblak-atletico-madrid-agree-on-new-contract-until-2023

"AS' Manolete reported in February that Oblak was set for a deal that will earn him an annual salary of around €10 million (£8.7 million)."

Don't you think it seems more likely he's earning those wages, versus the ones you listed previously?

40 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Liverpool news and transfers LIVE - Thiago Alcantara 'terms agreed'

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-transfer-news-live-thiago-18611390

Hopefully not. But it does look more likely he goes there than anywhere else, they lack a player of that ilk despite having Naby Keita. Although same was said about Werner going to Pool then look what happened... who knows 

1 minute ago, OneMoSalah said:

Hopefully not. But it does look more likely he goes there than anywhere else, they lack a player of that ilk despite having Naby Keita. Although same was said about Werner going to Pool then look what happened... who knows 

oh, yes, I am NOT saying it is a done deal at all

personal terms agreed are not the entire battle by any means

5 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

I think money should not be a problem.

19/20 season = +100m in net spending. Hazard, Aina, Kalas, Luiz, Hector... Bought just Kovacic.

20/21 for now: -20m net spending. Werner and Ziyech according to transfermarkt 94m euros. We got 74m for Morata, Pasalic and Nathan.

So 80m left. If you add loan fees we can afford Havertz for that money and be on zero.

Surely we will sell players this summer for at least 100m. Emerson, one CB, Baka, Michy, Barkley...

This can buy us Oblak! 

And than on top of that we can easily afford -100m in net spending this summer. Alaba and Rice.

But if we buy Oblak surely Kepa will leave and Jorginho possibly. Even if it is on loan with obligation to buy we can get 100m next summer for tham. FFP (is that still a thing?) works for a period of couple of years if I am right so no issues...

What are the weaknesses of this side?

lineup.png

or

CHELSEA 20-21.png

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

I really do not know why people keep talking about Oblak without explaining how the hell we are going to take on his over £600K PW gross salary. 

We just shared quotes from Atletico assistant Burgos where he said: The russian wants to take Oblak.

And Simeone also said like day before something like he hopes Oblak continues with them.

Why would they say this? It is like they are preparing fans maybe for his departure?

And this russian thing is easy to assume it is Chelsea. We need GK and can not see Monaco going for Oblak :lol:

So basically our interest is confirmed from Tier 0 source and surely Roman and Marina know his salary and if they are still after him it is not a problem for them.

this tweet embodies a loser (and stupid by a board) short term mentality that can FUCK clubs not just long term, but indeed next year

Liverpool have shit for depth and after three more seasons their 3 Ferraris up front all have decimated resale values compared to now

VVD turns 30 next summer, Salah turns 30 right after the season after this coming season ends, Mane turns 30 during the season after the coming one, Firmino turns 29 in a couple months (so he is older than Mane and Salah), Henderson is 30 now, Georginio Wijnaldum is almost 30 now, Matip turns 30 after next season ends, Milner is 35 in January, Lallana turns 33 next season. Lovren turns 32 next year. They are (unlike the ridiculous presenters yapping on) are not a young team (Stevie Nichol says they are golden, peak of powers for the next 5 season after at least!, lolol) and Klopp just announced he is leaving summer of 2024.

if they stand still and do nothing this summer, and they get hit with HALF the injuries we have had to key players, they are well fucked

GK they are set

CB they only have 3 decent ones (one of those is superb, VVD) after that, they are fucked, and only have 2 if Gomes needs to spell TAA

LB zero real backup, unless you count the 35yo in January, out of position Milner

RB  after starting CB Joe Gomes (who, again then leaves them with ZERO backup decent CB's once Lovren leaves) teen Neco Williams is the only backup 

DMF no backup for Fabinho unless they slide Henderson over the DMF

CMF superb starters  with backups Keita and Ox (unless he plays at AMF) plus the old Milner, they are well set here to a point for the next two seasons, more than likely

AMF, with Lallana leaving, they have no true AMF, Ox is the closest

LW only backups are huge drop of, the meh (so far) Takumi Minamino and then the out of position Origi

RW again massive drop off, Xherdan Shaqiri is shit, and so they will probably rely on Harry Wilson, coming back from loan

CF Origi and then nothing

THAT is so not a deep team, they are fucked at LB, RB (if Gomes cannt switch over from CB), DMF (unless you count Henderson vacating his normal role, which causes other issues) AMF ,and ALL 3 up front if the starters cannot go (plus a huge drop off at keeper)

1 hour ago, NikkiCFC said:

We just shared quotes from Atletico assistant Burgos where he said: The russian wants to take Oblak.

And Simeone also said like day before something like he hopes Oblak continues with them.

Why would they say this? It is like they are preparing fans maybe for his departure?

And this russian thing is easy to assume it is Chelsea. We need GK and can not see Monaco going for Oblak :lol:

So basically our interest is confirmed from Tier 0 source and surely Roman and Marina know his salary and if they are still after him it is not a problem for them.

as long as it doesn't cause riots in the dressing room, and as long as they can balance the books, then I do not really care, but is just seams a step too far

I am all in in terms of rating Oblak

I have said he is the best keeper in the world since I joined here

the only 2  others that really could be put up there are 2 that either we had (Cuntois) and then the one I was screaming to buy in 2017 (and obviously 2018) Alisson

I just want Kepa upgraded upon, even if it is a stopgap play to help for a year or two

Oblak is impossible. And after a mega outlay on one failed keeper I doubt we'd ever do that again. People need to get Oblak out of their hands. Even if we did want him he's at the absolute perfect club right now under the perfect manager. Doubt he has any desire to leave.

Just go for Onana. Ajax are an easy club to negotiate with and he'd cost a fraction of Oblak.