Tomo

17 minutes ago, AOIRO said:

RW Ziyech(37m)

LW Werner(50m)

CAM Havertz(80m?)

LB Tagliafico(22m)

CB Rice(Batshuayi+30m)

99/100  Summer transfer 

all is correct except for the last one (and havertz MAY cost around 90m pounds, unfortunately, unless we can drive them down a wee bit)

West Ham will not part with Declan Rice for under £70-80m

it will be a miracle of we get £30m (more likely 20-25m) for Bats as he is shit and has 1 year left, Marina and the board still think he is worth 35 to 45m (depending on who you believe) which is madness IMHO

So that leaves a gap of £40m to possibly as much as £60m

and teams taking a makeweight player always give a low valuation

so the shammers will never say, oki, Declan is 80m, but Bats is  worth 45m, so only pay us 35m and Rice is yours if you toss in Bats

IF they did ask for only 30m plus Bats for Declan, I would bite their hand off

Rice can play CB (I think it is his best position actually) as well

getting him allows either Kante or Jorginho to go NOW for sure

and I see him eventually becoming a starting CB for us if need be as that was his first position for years

like I always say, give me versatile quality players

it lessens the impacts of injuries over the long term

Merson is back on the booze, lolol

Paul Merson urges Chelsea FC to sign to sign top 20-year-old forward

Paul Merson tells Chelsea FC manager Frank Lampard to sign Borussia Dortmund forward Jadon Sancho

https://www.thesportreview.com/2020/06/chelsea-fc-transfer-news-jadon-sancho-paul-merson/

Chelsea FC should try to sign Borussia Dortmund forward Jadon Sancho once the Blues have completed a deal to sign Timo Werner from RB Leipzig, according to Paul Merson.

The Blues are thought to be on the cusp of concluding a summer deal to sign the Germany international from the Bundesliga side in the upcoming transfer window.

Chelsea FC appear to have pulled off a transfer masterstroke after usurping Premier League leaders Liverpool FC by striking an agreement with RB Leizpig for Werner.

The German striker will add more firepower to Frank Lampard’s squad and ease the pressure on Tammy Abraham, who has led the Chelsea FC frontline for most of the 2019-20 season.

Sancho is one of the most sought-after players in the 2020 summer transfer window after the England international’s prolific performances for Borussia Dortmund this term.

snip

even I cannot make a £120-130m or so deal fit into our budget unless we sell a shedload of the dregs into a brutal COVID-19 market

If FFP is kaput for the summer then maybe we should prioritize a dominant, commanding CB rather than Chilwell and just opt for Tagliafico at LB.

Who that dominant, commanding CB is I'm not sure. Koulibaly is the obvious player that comes to mind but he doesn't fit the age profile that our board and Frank have been targeting. Struggling to think of any CB that is attainable who can come in and have a VVD-like effect on our team.

3 hours ago, Vesper said:

wowowow

£44.93m

is all????????????????

3 hours ago, Jason said:

Matt Law said £47.5 million. Somewhere around there, I guess. 10 million or so cheaper than Morata! :lol: 

Apparently we got him cheaper than the clause because there was a discount if the transaction went smoothly. 

Good to see Werner get over the line. I expect the LB to be next. Although there is no reporting on it, my money is still on Telles. I say this as his profile is everything we could ask for and he is only £20-25m. After that I would say we need: 

Harvetz (going to be a great player, as result if you get a chance you need to take it and ask questions later) 

CB - I just want De Ligt. However, Romagnoli would also be a great shout. After those two I would maybe look at Vertonghen on a free as he has the right profile we need i.e. bit of a bast*rd, left footed CB and has experience (this however is if everyone is crazily priced/won't move.) 

GK - This is probably actually No.1 priority for me but due to the money spent on Kepa I have it lower as I cannot see the club ponying up for a another GK. For me the smart money is on getting a Ben Foster type GK as he is a real solid PL GK. That way Kepa can get another year and if he is still crap then we can get a proper replacement in 2021. 

CF - I am not convinced Giroud will be here next season and get Luiz vibes from his extension. If he goes I would like Cavani for a year or two.