Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Not saying Loftus-Cheek wasn't good last season but part of the reason he was good because we were playing some shit football under Sarri. That is why it was refreshing when we saw Hazard, CHO or Loftus-Cheek be direct and take players on, rather than engage in all the senseless passing nonsense. Given we play much differently now, it will be interesting to see how he fares. 
I have been watching him since he was 16 years old. I know his potential and what he can play and what he can't play. Under Frank, I see him as a perfect player for his system. Tall, very physical with amazing technique and he can win tackles due to his size. We also lack goals and assists and RLC is the solution for that. And don't forget is passing. In my opinion, his passing is underrated. He may not run as much as Oscar and Mount, but he offers so much more than the other two guys. RLC is a bulldozer type of player

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

The transfer ban has actually been a blessing for Chelsea, and came at the PERFECT time if the club was to receive one. 

Manager who understands it all. Squad now being shaped properly. Academy being utilised. A proper transfer strategy. 

Chelsea aren’t messing around anymore.

Sancho makes zero sense now. Spending £120m on a wide player with Pulisic, Werner, Ziyech, and CHO just doesn't seem to fit what we're doing at all. Havertz would make sense only if we sold 1, maybe even 2 midfielders. Which I can't see.

23 minutes ago, Jason said:

In regards to the Champions League, yeah, Guardiola likes to overthink things for whatever reason and throws out weird systems/formations. But domestically, he made it work when Man City steamrolled their way past everyone for the last 2 seasons. 

I do think Lampard needs to make sure he has our style of play (e.g. tiki taka) nailed down first and foremost (which we already kinda do but he needs to be 10000% certain about it) and from there, can work around 2-3 different systems to make that style of play effective and successful. If he starts changing our style of play from one game to another, then we are gonna have PROBLEMS.

Thats more down to PL being shit. It still is but the league at least has 2 top tier teams now. 

Pool was already giving them trouble in past years, but they werent consistent, however this season they have completely destroyed them. IMO a much better team compared to City from year or two ago. 

58 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

If Lamps wants to have a three man midfield, 1 should leave and that is Barkley.
If Lamps wants to play with 2 CM, three need to get sold or those players start moaning again

midfield controls the game, I'm sure Lampard ain't that dumb to leave us with 2 CM. 

4-3-3 is the way or 4-2-3-1. But I'm gearing more towards the 4-3-3. 

43 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

I see him as a starter and after playing 70 minutes, Mount will come on. RLC scores and assists too much and his dribblings and his amazing runs can destroy every team. There is a reason why he was our second best player last season

That's pushing it, as good as he ended the season it was still only two months of excellent form (with around a month before that being an impact super sub), he still has it all to do to prove that is sustainable and wasn't a purple patch. 

How about playing with Pulisic, Werner and Ziyech as the front trio and Loftus-Cheek just behind them. RLC can offer plenty of aerial threat and linkup the play
I like this. Mount vs RLC is good competition. Kante, jorginho kovacic for 2 places is good competition.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

That's pushing it, as good as he ended the season it was still only two months of excellent form (with around a month before that being an impact super sub), he still has it all to do to prove that is sustainable and wasn't a purple patch. 

He had as much goals as Pogba last season with half as much minutes played (not considering penalties). If RLC is still the same player from last season, he needs to play. Judging from the U23 match, which Ruben participated in, he still has it. Also, don't forget that Lamps is mentioning Rubens name all the time. When we lose, Lamps often times says that we have many injured players like Ruben, who was immense last season etc.
Lamps knows Ruben from way back lol

Fabrizio Romano

@FabrizioRomano
· 4 min
Chesea are also in talks with Leicester to sign Ben Chilwell. The left back wants to join the club - he knows Lampard wants him. Nicolás Tagliafico is on Chelsea list as an option if Chilwell deal will collapse. Werner deal almost ok - on paperworks time since yesterday.

1 hour ago, killer1257 said:

I just hope Lamp does not the mistake of switching our formation into 4-4-2. If he does that and sticks with it, he will lose his job.

We have so much crazy potential in our midfield. RLC, Billy, Kovacic, Mount, Barkley and Kante. If we Start playing with a two men midfield, we need to sell 3 out of those guys. I just hope that Lamps does not fuck it up. Just stick with a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1.

If we switch to a 2 up top formation, we will most likely go 352 and not 442.

50 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

I see him as a starter and after playing 70 minutes, Mount will come on. RLC scores and assists too much and his dribblings and his amazing runs can destroy every team. There is a reason why he was our second best player last season

RLC's work rate off the ball is dire. Have you actually ever seen him put a shift in? I have a season ticket and have watched him extensively and I tell you now, outside of the final 1/3 or when on the ball, he is our laziest player bar none. Literally walks around like he is playing a game in the back garden with his kids. 

43 minutes ago, Jason said:

As much as the prospect of signing Havertz or Sancho is exciting, getting one of them at this point will be overkilled. We already have so many attacking players. How are we gonna fit them all in and keep them happy, even with the competition for places?!

Sancho isn't happening. The Werner/Ziyech combo put an end to that. Further, I am not convinced he will actually move this Summer as the smarter financial move for him is to run his Dortmund contract to a year or less. 

Harvetz however, makes some sense as he can play in a midfield three and would bring goals. I know he plays as a WF/CF at times also but that is partly due to him being an insane talent. However, if we were to buy him I would say we would need to shift Barkley plus one of Kante/Jorgi to not end up with far too many CM's. 

25 minutes ago, Fernando said:

midfield controls the game, I'm sure Lampard ain't that dumb to leave us with 2 CM. 

4-3-3 is the way or 4-2-3-1. But I'm gearing more towards the 4-3-3. 

I think this once again lends credibility to the versatility within our ranks. 

Mount, RLC, Barkley and even Ziyech are all capable of lining up as one of the midfielders in a 4-3-3 and can tweak between playing deeper (4-3-3) or more advanced (4-2-3-1) to suit the flow of the game.