Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

39 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I think we have an abundance of versatility across the board.

Werner can play LF and ST, Ziyech can play CM, RF possibly even false 9, CHO and Pulisic can play both wings, Mount can play CM and LF, RLC likewise. We could also be bringing Gallagher back who can play in every single midfield position. We have that much versatility we could regularly rotate and keep most player's largely happy and most importantly, fresh.

Rotation is important indeed with regular fixtures, but a stable 11 is what gives team consistency and wins.

Thats why in general I prefer LW who can be LW only but is a damn good there. Same goes for other positions. 

However given we are in rebuild and looking that perfect formation and everything, the versatility is good thing to have. I just reckon if we will be shifting dudes left and right entire season, there will sure be crap runs inbetween.

4 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Rotation is important indeed with regular fixtures, but a stable 11 is what gives team consistency and wins.

Thats why in general I prefer LW who can be LW only but is a damn good there. Same goes for other positions. 

However given we are in rebuild and looking that perfect formation and everything, the versatility is good thing to have. I just reckon if we will be shifting dudes left and right entire season, there will sure be crap runs inbetween.

I'm inclined to agree with you because I believe consistent selection is vital to helping players form understanding and cohesion but on the other hand, Guardiola rotates a lot at Man City with the players and/or players' position and seems able to make it work. In our case, just think Lampard needs to be careful and not overdo it. 

Sell   Batshayi   Emerson   Jorginho   Barkley  RLC

Loan  Tomori  Kepa  Ampadu

Get   Havertz  Tagliafico Uppamecano Onana

or

Havertz    Chilwell    Onana

chelll.jpg

This is what Nagelsmann said about Werner and the striker role earlier this season...

https://www.bundesliga.com/en/bundesliga/news/timo-werner-a-different-kind-of-striker-to-lewandowski-rb-leipzig-s-julian-nagelsmann-9547

bundesliga.com: You said Timo Werner "is a different style" - tells us a bit more...

Nagelsmann: "Yeah, it’s part of the reason why we’ve started him a bit deeper, we don’t want him right on the last line, because he needs a bit of a head start, a bit of tempo, in order to really show his pace on the pitch. When he’s on the last line, he often finds himself static when he needs to get going, but with a bit of room in front of him, he can hit top speed. And from this deeper position, he’s much more involved in our build-up play and combinations. In the last few years all his moments have come in transition, whereas now he has his moments in combination play too. He’s having many more touches of the ball than in previous years, and this new position has done his development good, playing in between the lines against teams who sit deep. That’s another trait he’ll need if he wants to be one of the best in Europe. There are a lot of teams who sit deep and defend deep against you, and he needs that second way of being dangerous to opponents too, and he’s definitely developed that this year."

bundesliga.com: Do you think a striker's role has changed?

Nagelsmann: "Strikers are definitely more involved in the build-up than before. In days gone by there were many classic 'penalty-box' strikers who were primarily responsible for putting away crosses and cutbacks, which led to some amazing goalscoring records from some strikers. Today you’re much more involved in the combinations. I think teams overall defend much more tactically, so it’s not always as easy to create chances. You need all 10 outfield players involved to create chances, and the striker is often tasked with changing positions. Now there’s a new positional profile with the nine-and-a-half, a bit more like the old number 10, where you go between the lines and don’t just play as the buffer up front like in old times. It’s changed a bit."

bundesliga.com: Why do you think that is?

Nagelsmann: "The athletic side of the sport is a bit different. When you look at Werner or Lewandowski, they’re total athletes. Gerd Müller was unbelievable in the box, very powerful, and he had a very good eye for goal, he held the ball up. I’m not sure he would score as many goals if he were playing today – nowadays, you need incredible athleticism and dynamism like Timo Werner or Robert Lewandowksi, or Mario Gomez, who had amazing movement, I think he was one of the first strikers who always moved against the defenders as they shifted around, which wasn’t so easy for a defence. Things have changed a bit even more since Mario Gomez was in his pomp, but he was a good role model, and you can see how the dynamics have changed so much. Gerd Müller scored, I’m not sure exactly, 95 per cent of his goals from inside the box and he was set up by teammates for many situations, but nowadays when you look at Timo Werner or Lewandowski, who are always drifting out to the wings, you can see how much the profile and the movement of strikers has really changed."

I just hope Lamp does not the mistake of switching our formation into 4-4-2. If he does that and sticks with it, he will lose his job.

We have so much crazy potential in our midfield. RLC, Billy, Kovacic, Mount, Barkley and Kante. If we Start playing with a two men midfield, we need to sell 3 out of those guys. I just hope that Lamps does not fuck it up. Just stick with a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, !Hazard! said:

How about playing with Pulisic, Werner and Ziyech as the front trio and Loftus-Cheek just behind them. RLC can offer plenty of aerial threat and linkup the play

Werner is not a #9. But I agree, if Werner does play as the sole striker, he needs to have physicality next to him. 

This is still my preferred lineup. 

James-------------------------------------Chilwell

Jorginho--Kovacic

Ziyech--Mount--Werner

Tammy 

8 minutes ago, !Hazard! said:

How about playing with Pulisic, Werner and Ziyech as the front trio and Loftus-Cheek just behind them. RLC can offer plenty of aerial threat and linkup the play

lol you read my mind. I think it can have a great effect. 

The problem is who will be the 3 behind. 

Because I assume that formation of choice will be 4-3-3