Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

3 hours ago, King Kante said:

Barca are essentially cooking their books by around €150m. Here is an article that explains it much better than I could.  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/bobbymcmahon/2020/01/18/intro-to-barcelona-math-how-to-make-revenue-of-836m--990m/amp/

Thank you. I haven't read it yet but I will later today.

1 hour ago, NikkiCFC said:

Some great names are in this situation. We should be on alert. 

Sane, Auba, Alaba, Aguero, Thiago, Donnarumma, Torres, Upamecano, Telles, Milik, Zielinski, Tonali...

Some great names for sure and you can add Werner to the mix. With the way we work, I would imagine we would be looking at Donnarumma, Upamecano, Telles, Werner and Tonali. Not sure how many we would get/can afford but those are the ones that hit the profile we like i.e. under 27 and/or on cheap wages that means they are not too much of a risk.

As for the others, I cannot see us after a Auba, Alaba, Sane or Thiago because we are a rebuild team and those players would likely want to go to teams challenging while they would still demand top wages and be a decent wack of a fee. Kun for me will leave England when he finishes at City and I am not so sure Torres, Milik and Zielinski are of the right profile for what we need. 

That said, I am not too sure how many we could actually afford as our finances are at the mercy of the current wage bill and how our income will be affected by Corvid. For instance, if we cannot shift either Emerson or Alonso, I can see us not signing a LB. 

3 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Also we actually may change both LBs this summer. I know you like him.

Chelsea one of three clubs interested in Atalanta wing-back Robin Gosens — report

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/chelsea-fc-transfer-rumours-news/2020/4/3/21206641/chelsea-one-of-three-clubs-interested-in-atalanta-wing-back-robin-gosens-report

Coutinho at £70m (maybe less if the euro crashes further v the pound) is a fair price, especially if we miss out on Sancho

he is still really dangerous and is in his prime, we would get about 4 prime years out of him (he is only 6 months older than I am, not that I am footie star! LOLOLOL, maybe back in my 12,13 year old tweenie/teenie girls footie dreams)

this is the last year I would go for him

same goes for Telles and/or Alaba (all are 1992 born like moi, 1992 was a superb year for footie players being born, those I listed, plus players like Neymar, Mane, Salah,Son, Alisson, ter Stegen, Verratti, Eriksen, Casemiro, Marcelo Brozovic, Stefan de Vrij , Cuntois, Koke, Zaha, Danny Carvajal, Pablo Sarabia, Luis Alberto, Filip Kostic, Sergi Roberto, Isco etc etc )

I would be over the moon if we dumped both Emerson and Alonso and picked up Gosens and Telles (Gosens is almost exactly 2 years younger than Alaba and Coutinho, Telles is 13 days younger than me) 

(Alaba will cost Chilwell level or close so I would not splash that cash, would rather have TWO new LB's who would cost almost nothing net IF we sell both of ours )

If not Gosens or Telles for one of the 2 new LB's than I would LOVE to have Theo Hernández, but I dread his price now that he has exploded (best LB in Serie A IMHO, then Alex Sandro (too old now though to buy, he turns 30 in January( then Gosens, then Luca Pellegrini (just turned 21yo, but on loan at Cagliari from Juve, so that's a tough pull), and that's IT for Serie A LB's that I rate atm)

Obviously I would prefer Sancho over Coutinho for many reasons, BUT we do need a bloody plan B, plan C, etc

Coutinho also would have a shit tonne of motivation to beat the scouse vermin as well, I would think (maybe I am wrong, I am not inside his brain)

35 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Coutinho at £70m (maybe less if the euro crashes further v the pound) is a fair price, especially if we miss out on Sancho

What about his wages? Those big Spanish clubs notoriously pay their players BIG wages.

30 minutes ago, lucio said:

Get coutinho and boga for willian and pedro,  big upgrade,  and we don't know for sure if we can rely on pulisic and cho 

If Coutinho is really as good as you're making him out to be, Bayern would be trying to keep him or Barcelona wouldn't look so desperate to get rid of him. And using Willian and Pedro aren't great barometers for comparison. 

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

he is still really dangerous and is in his prime, we would get about 4 prime years out of him (he is only 6 months older than I am, not that I am footie star! LOLOLOL, maybe back in my 12,13 year old tweenie/teenie girls footie dreams)

this is the last year I would go for him

same goes for Telles and/or Alaba (all are 1992 born like moi, 1992 was a superb year for footie players being born, those I listed, plus players like Neymar, Mane, Salah,Son, Alisson, ter Stegen, Verratti, Eriksen, Casemiro, Marcelo Brozovic, Stefan de Vrij , Cuntois, Koke, Zaha, Danny Carvajal, Pablo Sarabia, Luis Alberto, Filip Kostic, Sergi Roberto, Isco etc etc )

I would be over the moon if we dumped both Emerson and Alonso and picked up Gosens and Telles (Gosens is almost exactly 2 years younger than Alaba and Coutinho, Telles is 13 days younger than me) 

(Alaba will cost Chilwell level or close so I would not splash that cash, would rather have TWO new LB's who would cost almost nothing net IF we sell both of ours )

If not Gosens or Telles for one of the 2 new LB's than I would LOVE to have Theo Hernández, but I dread his price now that he has exploded (best LB in Serie A IMHO, then Alex Sandro (too old now though to buy, he turns 30 in January( then Gosens, then Luca Pellegrini (just turned 21yo, but on loan at Cagliari from Juve, so that's a tough pull), and that's IT for Serie A LB's that I rate atm)

Obviously I would prefer Sancho over Coutinho for many reasons, BUT we do need a bloody plan B, plan C, etc

Coutinho also would have a shit tonne of motivation to beat the scouse vermin as well, I would think (maybe I am wrong, I am not inside his brain)

70m for Coutinho is way too much. He is overrated as fuck and only plays well against the worst players in BuLi and disappears vs top teams. He has declined a lot since his lpool days he and was overrated back then. 
Gosens + Telles would be sublime obviously but I doubt we will sign both. I would be fine with either with a slight bis towards Gosens, perfect age, pacey, physical, hard worker

11 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

70m for Coutinho is way too much. He is overrated as fuck and only plays well against the worst players in BuLi and disappears vs top teams. He has declined a lot since his lpool days he and was overrated back then. 
Gosens + Telles would be sublime obviously but I doubt we will sign both. I would be fine with either with a slight bis towards Gosens, perfect age, pacey, physical, hard worker

Coutinho is not near the top for me, but I do think there is far worse out there

I can see your point though, and £70m is still a shit tonne of cash

as for buying both LB's

if we only sell Emerson and keep Alonso, we are basically conceding we will take a huge loss on him (versus what we could have gotten for him the last 2 years) as he turns 30 in December, at which point, say 2021, we will not even be able to get what we paid for him when we bought him

If we sell Alonso and keep Emerson, we are fucked if the new LB goes down as Emerson is dogshit in the EPL

I have been raving for years about thsi, and each year their values go down and each year we are fucked overall with them at LB

a 31yo, out of position Azpi at LB is utter capitulation as well

:(

Telles is a HUGE weapon on corner and free kicks as well, he is a top 10 on the planet corner kick taker

he has 52 assists in the last 3 and 2/3rds seasons as well, plus 21 goals (10 of them in this last shortened season)

I think we can get both Telles and Gosens for less than £60m, say £55m or so, which is near to what we can get if we sell Alonso and Emerson, (I would guess around £50m)

if we only sell one and buy Chilwell, then that net cost is around £55m (versus £5m or so) and it still leaves us fucked if Ben goes down

I have little hope we will do the correct move though, we have been fucking up at LB since Ash aged out

In the midst of all this fancy transfer talk, we also still need to see how much are we being affected financially from this coronavirus situation. Our transfer budget, for all we know, could be reduced because the club have to cover up for losses etc. 

50 minutes ago, Jason said:

In the midst of all this fancy transfer talk, we also still need to see how much are we being affected financially from this coronavirus situation. Our transfer budget, for all we know, could be reduced because the club have to cover up for losses etc. 

This is what is almost definitely going to happen. In my opinion, if we go for Coutinho it will be a loan. No way are we laying out £60m+ on him plus £250pw wages. If Granny signs off on that deal then she needs to leave. I mean if we have lower transfer money than expected, Coutinho is a decent loan signing, however if we have some dollar then there are much better buys out there. 

As for our transfers in, I only expect loans, frees or low fee players who only have a year or something left. I really do not see any club signing players for big money this year. 

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

Telles is a HUGE weapon on corner and free kicks as well, he is a top 10 on the planet corner kick taker

he has 52 assists in the last 3 and 2/3rds seasons as well, plus 21 goals (10 of them in this last shortened season)

That's an off world level of production.

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

I think we can get both Telles and Gosens for less than £60m

It's clear you believe that both players can be sold on joining and I'm guessing you've written about this before. I don't remember reading it however so would you mind posting a quick rehash please?

2 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

That's an off world level of production.

It's clear you believe that both players can be sold on joining and I'm guessing you've written about this before. I don't remember reading it however so would you mind posting a quick rehash please?

There are over 40 posts by me that talk about Gosens

http://forum.talkchelsea.net/search/?&q=gosens&page=1&sortby=relevancy

It'll be interesting to see how the market pans out this summer in the face of Covid-19.

Will we still see the great value in Ziyech that we felt we had a couple of months ago?

I think it will still show good value and if anything, I can see teams reverting to an option like Ziyech instead of an option like Sancho or Coutinho which will cost far more so for us to already have secured an option like this I think looks very solid still.

Some Chelsea fans be like: Isco is shit, James Rodriguez is done, no need for Coutinho, he is overrated 😂😂 RLC and Barkley should play deeper 😂😂 Ziyech is winger 😂😂

I swear if we could sign prime Zidane for free some would be against it so we don't upset our little baby on that position 😂😂

Coutinho was best Brazilian player on World Cup and in team of the tournament. 

21 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Some Chelsea fans be like: Isco is shit, James Rodriguez is done, no need for Coutinho, he is overrated 😂😂 RLC and Barkley should play deeper 😂😂 Ziyech is winger 😂😂

I swear if we could sign prime Zidane for free some would be against it so we don't upset our little baby on that position 😂😂

Coutinho was best Brazilian player on World Cup and in team of the tournament. 

the only AMF's I would take over Coutinho (this includes impossibles who are in bold)

De Bruyne (I still grieve, I never will stop:() best AMF on the planet for years now, no one even remotely close, the only bigger gap between best and second best at a position is arguably TA-A at RB

Kai Havertz (will cost £100m plus so we have no chance, but he is De Bruyne's heir apparent I think as the best AMF on the planet in 3 years or so)

Bernardo Silva (he can play AMF, not just winger)

Bruno Fernandes <<< thank fuck Manure did not get him until January or we would so fucked now

James Maddison (will cost close to Havertz, so pass)

Jack Grealish <<<<< the ONE AMF I would move for over Coutinho

and two maybes, maybes (and both can play winger as well)

Nicolò Zaniolo (if he is oki after his horrid knee injury, if so then yes as he is young, 20yo, can play winger, is big, strong pacey and left-footed, but he, sigh, did his knee BAD, so he is a dice roll until I see 2 full healthy, fully recovered years)

Pablo Sarabia (only 2 months older than Coutinho, but not sure, although he has been a BEAST the past two seasons, at Sevilla and now PSG, pure class player, a late bloomer)

8 hours ago, Jason said:

Precisely.

Wait and see though, the refreshing thing about this virus has been the lack of hugely optimistic we can spend 300-400m in 1 window on 7 new players posts with 2 or 3 totally unrealistic sales at unrealistic prices. Even though for the last 3 or 4 years we havent got close to it IIRC. Think th closest we have had in years was Conte's 2nd season? Which was 170-180m in one window? Or theres about.

I think we will have 100-125m max with this coronavirus shit if the season doesn't finish, if we are lucky. Okay we might sell a few but again many other clubs arent going to be buying for lots of cash either. Okay the Hazard money and the Morata money bla bla bla whatever else might be there but again its a might and even if it is it is not as if we will get all of that... more to running a football club than transfer budgets. Plus with this virus I am sure the club and Roman have taken a huge hit financially like everything else.