Chelsea 1 - 4 Brentford

3 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Pretty sure we had bad results prior to the CL games, particularly v Porto (WBA game) last season. Wouldn’t worry about this today in regards to the CL, form goes out the window for knockout football. Plus Madrid may be top of La Liga but they are an older side. 

Would expect TT to outwit Ancelotti tactically if I am honest, well, only if he plays 343 as us using a back 4 is horrendous.

Nearly impossible to be worse than that today and I’m sure we’ll be much better against RM, but you never want to get embarrassed like that. Can’t be good for confidence heading into such a massive game.

It might be a freak game and there might be an convenient pattern of us sucking vs shit teams after intl breaks but there is one more alarming sign about it. For the umpteenth time this season we have failed to defend a lead. Playing terrible vs a shit team can happen to anyone, those teams are good at dragging you down to their level, being physical and parking the bus. Then, when you go in front by pure luck, a top team who knows how to win titles will just shut up shop and defend the lead at all costs. We never showed the necessary grit and determination to do so, faltering just seconds after our goal. Really disappointing attitude. Besides the many external factors like injuries, politics, covid derailing our season, this right after taking our chances is our biggest problem that prevents us from winning another league anytime soon.

1 hour ago, Special Juan said:

One of them things today, move on.

But one thing I cannot get my head around is Timo Werner, he is absolute fucking shite. Like a scared cat and offers fuck all.

His body language is of an uncommitted player, which is the opposite of what he has been for us since his arrival; looks like the reports are right and he wants out.

Too many passengers today -- we lost the second ball all game long. Loftus and Zyiech particularly poor without the ball. The defense made silly mistakes like all chasing the same player in counters.

Tuchel needs to sort this out and if not possible, then allow players who want to leave to go. The owner, and the club's, situation might be playing a part as well.

Edited by robsblubot

What the hell was that yesterday! 

It seems that something happened during the international break, the team from another parallel verse where are shits got exchanged with the ours. This was clearly not us and I cant think of a better reason! Time to call to call Dr Strange to fix this fucking issue! 

13 hours ago, Special Juan said:

One of them things today, move on.

But one thing I cannot get my head around is Timo Werner, he is absolute fucking shite. Like a scared cat and offers fuck all.

Yep..keep holding out he'll turn a corner but how long can you wait while it doesnt happen. Another one we need to say hasn't worked out and off you go..

1 hour ago, Laylabelle said:

Yep..keep holding out he'll turn a corner but how long can you wait while it doesnt happen. Another one we need to say hasn't worked out and off you go..

I've held off from Werner thinking/hoping he'd turn things around, but sadly he has not.

Can't be arsed with him anymore and his bottling out.

As for the rest of them yesterday, they looked tired, fatigued, and totally out of it, fucking embarrassing.

4 hours ago, bigbluewillie said:

I've held off from Werner thinking/hoping he'd turn things around, but sadly he has not.

Can't be arsed with him anymore and his bottling out.

As for the rest of them yesterday, they looked tired, fatigued, and totally out of it, fucking embarrassing.

I am exactly where you are at in terms of thought

Report: Real Madrid could be without key figure for Chelsea clash

https://www.thechelseachronicle.com/champions-league/report-real-madrid-could-be-without-key-figure-for-Chelsea-clash/

Real Madrid head coach Carlo Ancelotti could be absent for their trip to Stamford Bridge for Wednesday’s Champions League quarter-final first-leg match against Chelsea, according to Spanish outlet AS.

The Italian manager tested for Covid-19 last Wednesday and had to miss out on his team’s 2-1 over Celta Vigo on Saturday.

Instead, his son Davide was in charge in the dugout alongside the other assistant coaches.

The former Chelsea manager is, thankfully, fine despite experiencing slight discomfort during the first days, AS claims.

However, he reportedly remains positive for Covid-19 based on a PCR test on Sunday.

The report mentions that Ancelotti will undergo another test on Monday, but as it stands, it remains unclear whether he will be able to travel to London.

This could be a big blow for Real Madrid.

According to another report from Marca, Ancelotti still picked the starting line-up on Saturday, but Davide and assistant coaches made the decisions during the match.

In terms of the squad, Real Madrid’s official website also confirmed that all members of their squad took part in Sunday’s training except for Luka Jovic, who is still recovering from an injury.

On the other hand, his Chelsea squad was “mentally tired” during the shock defeat to Brentford, according to Tuchel.

A few players, such as Jorginho, Edouard Mendy, and Christian Pulisic, also had a very demanding international break as they still had to compete in the World Cup qualifier with their respective national team.

Although, on a positive note, Reece James is finally back from a muscular injury, while Trevoh Chalobah’s absence was purely team selection, rather than fitness-related issues.