Palmeiras 1-2 Chelsea

Jase

9 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

We never won Europa Conference League. 

No one has, this season is the first time it's being played. If we beat Pool in the League Cup final, then we qualify but only IF we disastrously somehow fail to qualify for the CL or the EL.

On 15/02/2022 at 10:09, King Kante said:

Yes, this is how I read it. It will be a post season tournament. 

As for the qualification requirements. I have heard two ideas that seem fairly reasonable: 

1) The previous 4 CL/Ropey League winners. 

2) 8 teams with most European titles won over the past decade (this get Barca/Real in.) 

Either way we would be in. 

If the tournament is every 4 years, option 1 sounds the most logical although not sure how the Europa Conference would now be interpreted into this.

Having said that, they will probably want the most marketable teams in the mix which with the greatest respect the Europa League winners regularly won't be.

It'll probably end up being last 4 Champions League winners and 4 wildcards so the likes of Barca and United can be shoehorned in.

Either way though, moving forward, it'll become harder to win and less regular so I'm thoroughly delighted we've got that trophy now in the cabinet.

Edited by Superblue_1986

3 hours ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Class act as usual (I am being serious)

If we cannot win the CL, I would much rather Citeh did than those Bindipper cunts or Bayern (the 2nd most likely IMHO) or PSG (mainly because I do NOT want Pessi to have another claim on the Ballon d'Or AGAIN, as well know, even with only 2 league goals so far, he still will get votes if they win the CL and the Argies make a deep WC run, because corruption) or fucking Real again

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

Class act as usual (I am being serious)

If we cannot win the CL, I would much rather Citeh did than those Bindipper cunts or Bayern (the 2nd most likely IMHO) or PSG (mainly because I do NOT want Pessi to have another claim on the Ballon d'Or AGAIN, as well know, even with only 2 league goals so far, he still will get votes if they win the CL and the Argies make a deep WC run, because corruption) or fucking Real again

I have always said City aren't that bad. I do favour Utd over them; as real life Utd fans (not the internet/Southern ones) are actually people you can talk real football too and have good back and forth based on reality. 

However, compared to Dipper, Le Arse, Spud, Newcastle fans etc, they're a lot better. 

On 16/02/2022 at 22:00, King Kante said:

I have always said City aren't that bad. I do favour Utd over them; as real life Utd fans (not the internet/Southern ones) are actually people you can talk real football too and have good back and forth based on reality. 

However, compared to Dipper, Le Arse, Spud, Newcastle fans etc, they're a lot better. 

Many of he Man U supporters I know in real life (and a majority of these are actual Mancunians in terms of origin) are absolute knobs (knowledgeable knobs, but knobs all the same) when it comes to football and also when it comes to London as a city (no shock there, lol, most of the UK hates our city, same as other nations with their capitals), although not nearly as much as poxy Scousers.

so

your mileage may vary

Btw, one of my best Manc mates moved back to Manchester (we went to uni in London together, and he was working in Aarhus (Denmark) for a couple of years), and he is a decent bloke, we just have crazy banter over footie, but it never gets personal (has come close, lolol).