Palmeiras 1-2 Chelsea

Jase

2 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Great work, happy we finally won this trophy, I didn't rate it that high but it's good to have it. Hopefully back to the more demanding games next week.

Not to be an utter twat, but I REALLY have to question anyone who does not appreciate what winning the global championship means to our club on a historical basis

I have been ranting on this for ages

the ONLY still giant, global club that has won the CL/EC or the Copa Libertadores and yet has now failed to win the IC or the FWCC is the one we just defeated, unless you count Atlético Mineiro, and their historical record is nowhere near Palmeiras, not even close, and the only reason they are even listed partially is that they won the Copa Libertadores in 2013, but then got crushed in the 2013 FWCC, where they did not even make the final, as Raja Casablanca of Morocco destroyed them 3 1 in the semis.

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

NO

and I do not often disagree with you

but we were the clearly better team

Maybe we were but I just disagreed with the notion that we were by far the better team. Dominated the game but barely created much and we were minutes away from another potential CWC disaster. 

2 minutes ago, Jase said:

Maybe we were but I just disagreed with the notion that we were by far the better team. Dominated the game but barely created much and we were minutes away from another potential CWC disaster. 

we are finally world champions, and defeated the only other  continental cup-winning, still truly giant global club other than us who also could not claim that going into game, to do so

3 hours ago, Jase said:

I know we won but can we complain or no? 

Was just talking to another fan that I didn't understand that placement of players in the attacking setup. Werner was out wide. Havertz was through the middle. Pulisic was the No.10. It felt as though their positions should have been swapped around but then again, I guess Tuchel doesn't do logic.

The only ironic thing was Werner actually looked dangerous on the LW as the game went on late on. Was arguably the only one providing any sort of attacking threat. 

Raining on the parade, just a tad. 😄

In all seriousness, though, it's happening to frequent, which is detrimental to our game & something players keep mentioning (Pulisic being the most recent).

1 hour ago, Strike said:

Cesar Azpilicueta:

"I expected the Palmeiras players to come around the penalty taker. I already told Kai he was going to shoot. I just tried to release the pressure from him, be more calm. With three minutes to go, it's an important moment. It worked!"

He's terrific, ffs don't let him go to Barca on a free, or anywhere for that matter.

He is the spirit of Chelsea Football Club.

Sign him up for at least another season, then one more.

What a legend Dave is. First player in history to win the Club World Cup, the Champions League, the Europa League, the European Super Cup, the Premier League, the FA Cup, the League Cup and the Charity Shield. Genuine club great.

12 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

What a legend Dave is. First player in history to win the Club World Cup, the Champions League, the Europa League, the European Super Cup, the Premier League, the FA Cup, the League Cup and the Charity Shield. Genuine club great.

He hasn't won the Community Shield, but it isn't anything of note anyway.

I thought Palmeiras were the equivalent of Porto, who were the weakest among the top level European opponents we had during the last years.
They were not. 
Their level of football is equivalent to Dynamo Zagreb rather.
Strange for a Brazilian team but not at all strange since all the good South American players play in Europe these days. If you find one in the national squads who does n't play in Europe, it's got to be some very young player.
Our performance was below par once again: Extremely predictable - like in Lampard wall days.

5 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

https://footylight.com/news/439560/Chelsea-unable-to-wear-club-world-cup-winners-patch-in-premier-league

apparently we can't wear the new badge in domestic competitions 😡

that's fucking BOLLOCKS!!

wtf

🤬🤬

30 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Haha it’s worth something when it comes at our expense! Look at the neutral comments. 😂

Neymar has the same thing, but it is the UEFA Super Cup with him

He had the mumps and missed the game when Barca won it