2018    Manchester City    2–0    Chelsea 

3 minutes ago, Vesper said:

he never won the Community Shield, 4 time loser, grrrrr

2012    Manchester City    3–2    Chelsea    
2015    Arsenal    1–0    Chelsea 
2017    Arsenal    1–1 (Arsenal won 4-1 on pens)  Chelsea    
2018    Manchester City    2–0    Chelsea 

Community Shield? What is that?

never in my wildest dreams could i imagine that a 37 year old Thiago Silva would have this much impact at Chelsea in this short time frame, CL, Super Cup and Club World Cup Champion. thank you so much PSG for this great footballer 💪💙

51 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

How many of our attackers are actually playing in their right position?

Werner out wide is another pointless decision.

I know we won but can we complain or no? 

Was just talking to another fan that I didn't understand that placement of players in the attacking setup. Werner was out wide. Havertz was through the middle. Pulisic was the No.10. It felt as though their positions should have been swapped around but then again, I guess Tuchel doesn't do logic.

The only ironic thing was Werner actually looked dangerous on the LW as the game went on late on. Was arguably the only one providing any sort of attacking threat. 

1 minute ago, Magic Lamps said:

What an eve night that was

was pacing through the room all day

tbf we did nit play well but were by far the better team against the deepest of buses 

totally deserved 

Not sure if we were by far the better team. No surprise that we looked to control and they looked to counter. But they arguably had the better chances to score in the first half. Had they have a tad more quality, we could have easily been punished. We looked clueless going forward again. Gonna be interesting if we run into the big teams in the Champions League.

15 minutes ago, Jase said:

Not sure if we were by far the better team. No surprise that we looked to control and they looked to counter. But they arguably had the better chances to score in the first half. Had they have a tad more quality, we could have easily been punished. We looked clueless going forward again. Gonna be interesting if we run into the big teams in the Champions League.

But did they really ever look like scoring from open play? in hindsight after rewatching it looked to me like their attackers completely fluffed their lines whenever they came near Mendy. The pressure was to much for them. If we had not gifted them a pen, they never looked confident enough to score.

Obviously we will not go far in the CL on current form and with out most important players out. maybe RJ's return will give us a bit of an edge back but i don't expect us to challenge for the big titles atm. The team is a bit in transition and we need to be smarter in the transfer window in summer. the objective for the season for me was to mop up the title that eluded us last time, super cup and now the club world cup and we did. Get a top 4 finish and everything else is bonus now

Just now, Magic Lamps said:

But did they really ever look like scoring from open play? in hindsight after rewatching it looked to me like their attackers completely fluffed their lines whenever they came near Mendy. The pressure was to much for them. If we had not gifted them a pen, they never looked confident enough to score.

They fashioned better chances that we did, especially in the first half, even if they fluffed their lines in the end.

2 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Obviously we will not go far in the CL on current form and with out most important players out. maybe RJ's return will give us a bit of an edge back but i don't expect us to challenge for the big titles atm. The team is a bit in transition and we need to be smarter in the transfer window in summer. the objective for the season for me was to mop up the title that eluded us last time, super cup and now the club world cup and we did. Get a top 4 finish and everything else is bonus now

It's less about the trophies and more about something else that people have spent ages complaining about.

17 minutes ago, Jase said:

NO

and I do not often disagree with you

but we were the clearly better team

and Palmeiras was a great South American side

the best since those superb Brasilian sides won the first 3 FWCC's (smashing great UEFA sides)

fuck all the assholes (NOT on here) downplaying this win

it is fucking monumental