Chelsea 5-1 Chesterfield

Jase

Wow! I've just read the most optimistic comment I've ever seen from a football fan. I'm just going to copy and paste:

Yogi – I have been following the Spireites for going on 27 years. I’ve been a season ticket holder since I was 12, stood on the Saltergate Kop with my grandad. I have also been the drummer in the Kop for 14 seasons! This game brings a load of different emotions, I’m absolutely buzzing, of course I am, I’ve been like a kid on Christmas Day since the draw was made. However, I’m secretly nervous that we could get turned over by the European champions if they do decide to turn up. I don’t think that will be the case but it’s always in the back of my mind looking at the difference in the two teams.

Fan of a fifth tier team is only secretly worried his side might get turned over away to the European Champions but only if the champions of Europe turn up! Not to worry though he doesn't really think it will happen. it's just something in the back of his mind as a kind of vague possibility when he looks at the difference between the two sides! I expect he had to look quite hard to spot the differences.

We football fans are a strange, but entertaining, set of people. 🙂

This question has been in the back of mind since the draw was made but I've not looked it up. 

The first FA Cup game I can actually remember is the 1967 FA Cup Final. That's a long, long time ago so it could be that my memory is failing me but I honestly don't remember us being drawn against non-league opposition in all those years. Can anyone correct me on this? 

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

36 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Wow! I've just read the most optimistic comment I've ever seen from a football fan. I'm just going to copy and paste:

Fan of a fifth tier team is only secretly worried his side might get turned over away to the European Champions but only if the champions of Europe turn up! Not to worry though he doesn't really think it will happen. it's just something in the back of his mind as a kind of vague possibility when he looks at the difference between the two sides! I expect he had to look quite hard to spot the differences.

Hope they can score a goal just because..be nice for them lol. Just the one mind!

14 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

This question has been in the back of mind since the draw was made but I've not looked it up. 

The first FA Cup game I can actually remember is the 1967 FA Cup Final. That's a long, long time ago so it could be that my memory is failing me but I honestly don't remember us being drawn against non-league opposition in all those years. Can anyone correct me on this? 

There was Scarborough in 2004 but other than that I'm trumped.

16 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I have found the lower and non league fans the most optimistic, and with a great sense of humour. ''Always next year'' is the usual mantra.

Best thing for them, apart from a result, is its very financially lucrative tie