Chelsea 1-1 Brighton

Jase

Those possession stats say it all. Brighton are dominating the midfield at our home ground because our midfield 2 have been so invisible. Bissouma is just waltzing through with ease. I’d replace Jorginho. 

Also, very VERY poor first half from Mount and CHO. Mase has these weird spell like today where he miscontrols the ball nonstop. And CHO is getting rushed and pressed by Lamptey over and over.

Brighton will feel really good going to half time. They were the better side.

I cannot for the life on me understand why Odoi plays like he is half assed! When he first came onto the scene he played with urgency and exsploiveness now he plays like a 36 year old. Strange.

Brighton been all over us. I'm surprised this stayed 1-0 and can't see it lasting unless we can string passes together without it going back to them. Look so shake especially when we pass backwards

And again we scored and didn't do much after except chase them.

13 minutes ago, DDA said:

Is Pulisic playing?? 

Anomonous.

Almost all the forward movement from Brighton has been on Lamptey’s side. The few times it has gone his side he has been solid. He has hit both CHO and Mount on long forward passes. Not sure how there is a complaint on his play at wingback?

2 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Zero control of the game. Getting out worked on tackling, passing, and retention. We may have scored but we literally lost every metric. 

Pathetic from some. 

It is no coincidence this has happened with Lukaku, it was the same in the second half last game.

Just in terms of comfort on the ball and confidence, Brighton look like the side near the top of the table rather than us. Our players look like they just played a PL match yesterday or something. Sluggish and devoid of ideas.

Add to that having Alonso on one side, Azpi and Pulisic on the other, and Mase + CHO doing fuck all. We desperately need an injection of energy.

And we pray Reece is okay. Otherwise every match is going to be a dreadful slog like this for the foreseeable future.