Chelsea 1-1 Brighton

Jase

They outplayed us in every aspect of the game. We didn't deserve a point tbh. 

OK you wanted to bring Kante but why not for Kova or Jorginho who were also bad? Switching it to 352 against Brighton at home is such a pussy move. I don't want to see that at Chelsea! It's embarrassing. Where is self respect? 

Just now, milka said:

we are already looking at Arsenal where they are, not City . Pain .

Hardly surprising. We have largely the same issues as last season, so we need to be aware of that.

6 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Both starting wingbacks out, heartbeat of our defense Silva out, Jorginho running on fumes and dead on his feet, Havertz and Werner seemingly fell off the face of the earth, and not a single attacking player in form.

Our best hope is that Spuds, Arse, and United just continue to drop points like we do. Because we are a broken team.

It's the game in hands that are annoying in a way. We know where we stand now..but who knows once level. Esp Spurs they have a lot to play still. And who knows the gap time we are all level.

With the players available, seriously, what is there to be optimistic about? How are we going to win games and consistently perform with Alonso, Azpi, CHO, Pulisic, and woefully out of form attackers?

It’s going to come down to hoping clubs like Arse, Spuds, WH, United etc take points off each other while we scrape and claw to tread water somehow, some way. Just trying to rack up ugly 1-0’s however way possible.

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

With the players available, seriously, what is there to be optimistic about? How are we going to win games and consistently perform with Alonso, Azpi, CHO, Pulisic, and woefully out of form attackers?

It’s going to come down to hoping clubs like Arse, Spuds, WH, United etc take points off each other while we scrape and claw to tread water somehow, some way. Just trying to rack up ugly 1-0’s however way possible.

Chil out for good.

15 minutes ago, Vesper said:

as bad a Kovacic was, Jorginho was worse, he had a howler of game

they utterly destroyed us in MF until Kante came on

Jorginho has played 315 minutes in the last 13 days though, he is clearly fatigued which isn’t ideal. You can see that in the performance. 

It’s different for Kovacic - he hasn’t played 90 minutes since the cup game v Southampton 2 months ago and after getting 72 minutes prior to tonight in the last 6 days or so v Villa and Brentford, he should be much sharper but it really was the opposite. 

I would go as far as saying it looked as if he was trying to work out how to play football for the first time at times tonight for 75% of the game. People were looking forward to him coming back and giving us another body and a boost in this period but he was terrible and even as bad as Jorgi played, I really don’t think he played much worse than Kovacic.

Kante coming in got us a bit more of a foothold in there but even then bar a few moments, Kante didn’t severely alter the game either for me. We were just too poor and relying on Brighton leaving room to counter than actually getting real control of the game

Edited by OneMoSalah

9 minutes ago, DDA said:

Mark my words he will be gone by next season.

9 minutes ago, DANILA said:

Maybe need an offensive coach to come in 

More than results best way to lose respect from the fans is to do things like he did today with Kante/CHO sub and defending the lead against fucking Brighton. 

I do hope he survives for 12 more months until Luis Enrique is available. 

I want to play real football for a change always for extra goal like City. Last time we had that was with Ancelotti more than a decade ago. 

3 minutes ago, Pizy said:

And hope we get a penalty...thats what was missing. Without those we'd be worse off. Least wasn't case of performing well and dropped. It was poor and they deserved their point.

Least shitty December is over though Jan can be crappy. I think things went overboard with us for title winners.. proved them wrong very quickly

7 minutes ago, Jase said:

Well, that was predictable in the end. We have had only ONE convincing performance (and win) against Graham Potter's Brighton since 2019/20. 

Brighton do tend to outplay all the top six bar City in general play. Their metrics are European level but are one of the least clinical sides this league has ever seen, if not the least.

1 minute ago, Tomo said:

Brighton do tend to outplay all the top six bar City in general play. Their metrics are European level but are one of the least clinical sides this league has ever seen, if not the least.

Brighton are like mini-Chelsea. Can play good football but can't score enough to save their lives. Do wonder how Potter will fare at a bigger club. 

As bad as we were it is not as if Brighton had any clear cut chances. We should have put the game to bed on the counter but I predictably failed. That is why we lost points. With all the injuries, Covid and fatigue we are bound to play shit  but still should be able to hold on. We need reinforcements in January to even secure top 4