Malmo 0-1 Chelsea

Jase

2 hours ago, maxlev said:

Kovacic and Mount joins Timo and Lukaku as our absentees. Good news Pulisic is in the squad for this game. I except to see;

Kepa

Chalobah Christenson Malang

Azpi            Saul RLC              Alonso

Barkley(Ziyech)         HOD(Pulisic)

Havertz

The league cup was last week.

1 hour ago, Milan said:

If Pulisic is ready to go, I don't mind him playing for the US. At least his level of match fitness gets up to working levels again. Much better than giving him a few minutes here at Chels. At least he will come back with some games under his belt already. There is always a risk of an injury but this is Pulisic. He has every chance of getting injured sitting in the plane just like playing a game.

Problem is, he'll go off on international duty and get injured again.

1 hour ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

That will be played in the US so the pitch will be good. Mexico vs the US is always a hard fought match, but lately there have not been harsh tackles. Chances are greater Pulisic will try to throw himself at a Mexico defender to draw a foul.

This is funny. Other Chelsea fans I spoke to are scared that he will get injured against Mexico, more so than against Jamaica. 

1 hour ago, King Kante said:

Problem is, he'll go off on international duty and get injured again.

So should we wax him and have him exhibited in a museum? He needs games. In order to have him back, we need him playing again.

3 hours ago, Jase said:

This is funny. Other Chelsea fans I spoke to are scared that he will get injured against Mexico, more so than against Jamaica. 

Do these other Chelsea fans watch the US games? I am wondering why they would think Mexico would injure him, or what about that game would cause an injury? The pitch in Jamaica is terrible. 

Actually enjoyed TT's and Chillys prematch interviews. Esp how they confirmed again how important wing backs are and will be for our system. TT lever to improve our attacking output is rather pushing the wingbacks higher than switching to a back4 and have more attacking midfielders on the pitch. Part of the reason RJ scored 2 vs Newcastle was that he was instructed to go looking for scoring positions and also that Chilly who scored 4 games in a row got a much tighter marking, leaving more space for RJ. Hence, I doubt we are gonna see a back 4 anytime soon albeit I do not mind us being able to play multiple formations.

9 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Actually enjoyed TT's and Chillys prematch interviews. Esp how they confirmed again how important wing backs are and will be for our system. TT lever to improve our attacking output is rather pushing the wingbacks higher than switching to a back4 and have more attacking midfielders on the pitch. Part of the reason RJ scored 2 vs Newcastle was that he was instructed to go looking for scoring positions and also that Chilly who scored 4 games in a row got a much tighter marking, leaving more space for RJ. Hence, I doubt we are gonna see a back 4 anytime soon albeit I do not mind us being able to play multiple formations.

• Im verry worried about leicester game. A very potential banana skin 

22 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Do these other Chelsea fans watch the US games? I am wondering why they would think Mexico would injure him, or what about that game would cause an injury? The pitch in Jamaica is terrible. 

Because Mexicans are tough?

Just now, NikkiCFC said:

Because Mexicans are tough?

Years ago there was some rough play in the Mexico vs US games. The more recent games are some of the best played concacaf games. (which doesnt mean great play) Both teams have players that play in upper leagues. I would be more concerned playing teams with players that dont play at a high level. They would be more prone to injure someone.

18 minutes ago, Mário César said:
  • Im verry worried about leicester game. A very potential banana skin 

lunchtime kick offs after int breaks are always terrible. The guy doing the PL schedule really wanted to fukc us over this season always giving us these terrible fixtures but so far it has backfired massively .

Leicester have not really clicked yet and also will be missing a few key-players during the break. From our players quite a few might sit the int break out and be fit for leicester. Will be at least as challegnig as the brentofrd battle tho.

Kepa

Chalobah-AC-Sarr

Azpi RLC Jorginho Alonso

Ziyech Havertz CHO

With Barkley, Saul, maybe Pulisic (considering his fitness) and Vale coming on second half

Edited by ulvhedin

Start with the strongest lineup and then rotate if/when we’re up by 2 goals. There’s plenty of time to recover between now and the weekend. 

Juve are dog shit still but they were when we lost to them as well. Getting 3 points here should see us through, right? In case we choke against Juve again this is an important match.

18 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Don't expect Sarr and weak MF. 

Well I do agree Sarr might be on the bench but I do not think that midfield weak. Saul is really improving using the last game as a reference, while RLC has been solid ever since. Barkley is there to support the midfield in terms of workrate.

5 hours ago, ulvhedin said:

Kepa

Chalobah-AC-Sarr

Azpi RLC Jorginho Alonso

Ziyech Havertz RLC

With Barkley, Saul, maybe Pulisic (considering his fitness) and Vale coming on second half

U wrote RLC twice. Do modify.