Malmo 0-1 Chelsea

Jase

1 hour ago, maxlev said:

Lol, u feel that team is not good enough to beat Malmo?

We played a scratch side at home to Krasnador last season and dropped points.

Lose tonight and all of a sudden we have a fight on to get out of the group, especially if Zenit win.

Simply not worth the gamble.

Edited by Tomo

9 minutes ago, Tomo said:

We played a scratch side at home to Krasnador last season and dropped points.

Lose tonight and all of a sudden we have a fight on to get out of the group, especially if Zenit win.

Simply not worth the gamble.

They won't.

Also, Krasnodar were a much better side than Malmö are. The Swedish side are quite probably one of the worst teams to reach the group stages in the last 10 seasons. Also the Krasnodar match was a dead rubber game on GW6 after already securing first place in the group so maybe not even the 'second string' were taking it too seriously (though they should always take any opportunity they get). Now there's still all to play for to secure a place in the knockout stages and the team have got good results even with heavy rotation under Tuchel so I don't see any reason to go with a full strength team today.

For me I'm hoping for something like this: Mendy, Sarr, Christensen, Chalobah, Alonso, RLC, Saul, Azpi, CHO, Ziyech, Havertz

Rest the likes of Silva, Rüdiger, James, Chilwell and Jorginho at least. Up top we don't have that many options given the injuries, unless Tuchel decides to start Barkley, so I'd go with the same front three as against Newcastle.

Would expect some alterations tonight. 

Saul or Ruben to start in midfield perhaps (maybe even as a pair?) as well as Sarr and Alonso on the left side. 

Possibly see Pulisic too or even bring him in second half for some game time, actually excited to see him get back fit and see what he can do. 

Kepa

Chalobah/AC - Thiago - Sarr 

Azpi/James - Jorg - RLC/Saul - Alonso

Ziyech - Havertz - CHO/Pulisic

Edited by OneMoSalah

Damn, remember when we signed Saul and supporters of all our rivals were super jealous and saying “wtf, their midfield is already amazing and they’ve signed Saul?” And how excited we were? I knew he had been out of favor at Atleti but watching his highlights from this last season he still looked like an awesome player.

Now he can’t even get a sniff against the weakest opponents we play against. What must be going on in training? It’s sad.

11 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Damn, remember when we signed Saul and supporters of all our rivals were super jealous and saying “wtf, their midfield is already amazing and they’ve signed Saul?” And how excited we were? I knew he had been out of favor at Atleti but watching his highlights from this last season he still looked like an awesome player.

Now he can’t even get a sniff against the weakest opponents we play against. What must be going on in training? It’s sad.

It is weird but also theres still plenty football coming up at the Christmas period and Saul has looked sharper recently so I still think he will have a part to play when its 2 games a week for however long or the 5 games in 15 days or whatever bullshit it will be. Then we have the Club World Cup to throw in which starts in 5 weeks and finishes on the 19th of December. 

Maybe the likes of Jorginho and Ruben are in better shape/form. I think TT also talked about Ruben deserving more starts a few weeks ago but Ruben’s revival of his Chelsea career has also shown TT is fair and if you do the business for him in training he will give you game time.

I mean thats the thing when you have 25 good players where 90% of them are international players for big countries, someones going to miss out. 

17 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Then we have the Club World Cup to throw in which starts in 5 weeks and finishes on the 19th of December. 

It's in February. 

Also about Saul I don't see much sense to play him over actual Chelsea players like RLC. It's pretty much clear we won't buy him in fact we can send him back to Madrid in January.