Juventus 1-0 Chelsea

ZAPHOD2319

Terrible, and in some ways a lot worse than the City game.

Both CMs were playing far too conservatively, and Lukaku not adapting his game.

It feels like playing with a crutch with Lukaku in these big games...and if he fails to do the one the thing he's been brought in to do...that's the worst. Should have scored in at least one of the 3 different occasions.

Might as well have played Werner, because he would have at least created chances.

Am fearing what @Tomo has been talking about earlier. The fact that Tuchel refuses to even sub off Lukaku to tweak our gameplan.

In the end, 1-0 in a group game away to the strongest opposition is not the worst thing. But what a cheap way to drop points.

Edited by Blue Armour

The two no 10s is an issue- We really need to find a combination that works. Ziyech was playing down the left yesterday and Havertz on the right - there was little or no movement in the forward line.

6 minutes ago, Strike said:

The two no 10s is an issue- We really need to find a combination that works. Ziyech was playing down the left yesterday and Havertz on the right - there was little or no movement in the forward line.

Lukaku is also more static compared to our other players. And today we didn't play the ball to his feet enough. And when he finally got chances he bungled them.

Tuchel should show more courage and tweak his gameplay as needed. Felt he should have subbed Lukaku for Werner. At least our chance creation would have improved.

After all,...its these players who won the CL. Not Rom. I don't see why he would have to complain about being subbed.

The minute I see the pundits preview I knew we we're going to lose.

Espescialy Joey Cole all he/they did was say how easy it would be, and Chels will lay the ground work to finish top of the group.

I said start with Dave and Alonso as WB's, then during the game was screaming ffs put on Chilwell and CHO,... Tommy did and we didn't fare any better only confirmed what I said at the start Chilly aint a WB. CHO fared a little bit better but he is still not the answer for RWB.

It was only a couple of weeks ago the media were saying "just look at the strength in the Chelsea squad" I did and all i see was how old our first eleven are certainly the back three.

Don't know the ages but we've got Thiago, Dave, Rudiger, Alonso, Jorginho, and although he wasn't playing Kante.

Where's the fucking youth we are supposed to be putting our trust in, oh yeah that's right we shipped two of them out to Soton.

We looked a fucking mess and I can't believe we brought on Dross Barkley, then RLC so much for the world beaters.

13 hours ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

That pivot Lukaku did and then missed was not good at all. He had to be feeling the pressure that he may not get another shot like that. I don’t know? Trying to let the moment pass without a knee jerk reaction. We are a damn good team having a rough patch this last week.

Its not kneejerk this has been coming for ages, Tuchel needs to change it up big time and we need a defender and creative mid.

If lukaku still doesnt start banging in goals then we all know without a doubt whats going on.

All you have to do is press hard or high and defend well to totally unlock our team ffs.

18 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

People need to truly understand how this kind of football has a long term affect on players. We are seeing the unveiling of it now. 

I said even when we were winning games last season that this cannot work in long term.

Alonso / Chilwell are not wingers.
They can carry the ball, good shooters, good for free kicks.
But they bear no relation to wingers.
Hudson Odoi is a winger (well, he tried what he could) but not Alonso.
As for a "number 10" to feed Lukaku, must be someone like Essien and we don't have one such (a back to form Mount possibly).

7 hours ago, bigbluewillie said:

The minute I see the pundits preview I knew we we're going to lose.

Espescialy Joey Cole all he/they did was say how easy it would be, and Chels will lay the ground work to finish top of the group.

I said start with Dave and Alonso as WB's, then during the game was screaming ffs put on Chilwell and CHO,... Tommy did and we didn't fare any better only confirmed what I said at the start Chilly aint a WB. CHO fared a little bit better but he is still not the answer for RWB.

It was only a couple of weeks ago the media were saying "just look at the strength in the Chelsea squad" I did and all i see was how old our first eleven are certainly the back three.

Don't know the ages but we've got Thiago, Dave, Rudiger, Alonso, Jorginho, and although he wasn't playing Kante.

Where's the fucking youth we are supposed to be putting our trust in, oh yeah that's right we shipped two of them out to Soton.

We looked a fucking mess and I can't believe we brought on Dross Barkley, then RLC so much for the world beaters.

Possession was 80-20 in favour of Chels, on their ground.
I don't rate this Juve above Everton or West Ham.
But they were lucky and we could not create scoring opportunities.
The match was lost by the attackers.

1 hour ago, NikkiCFC said:

We only concede from players with religious names...

Found this on web:

So, after MOHAMMED Salah and Gabriel JESUS, just found out Chiesa means Church in Italian.

lol not good given we are gonna play the Saints with Mohammed salisu, Che Adams, Adam Armstrong etc.