Chelsea 1 (4) - (3) 1 Aston Villa

ZAPHOD2319

3 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Bayern last year had the same schedule coming back from Qatar and they drew to the worst team in the league due to the lack of rest. We should make use of our huge squad. I don't care too much about COC, CWC is more important. Also it is not a given it is as close by as Qatar. Can as well be south africa or Brazil

Exactly, we have big squad so I am not worried about schedule. Our squad is made for games every 3 days.

What is the record for games in a season? If we reach finals in every competition we will have 38 PL games + 13 CL games + 2 CWC + 1 Super Cup and I am not sure about Fa Cup and Carabao Cup but that could be 12 more games or even more because you have replay games if you draw again I think. So we could have close to 70 games in a season.

I am more worried about CWC final which I am sure is going to be against Flamengo (Kenedy, David Luiz, Andreas Pereira from United, Felipe Luis, Gabriel Barbosa and many other great players) or Atletico Mineiro (Diego Costa, Nathan, Hulk...) We will definitely face our ex players. 

On 20/09/2021 at 15:36, MoroccanBlue said:

Kepa

James Chalobah Sarr

CHO Saul RLC Chilwell

Ziyech Pulisic

Werner

Pulisic is not ready so it opens place finally for CHO to play 90mins as LW which is his best position. James will be moved to RWB, Chalobah RCB and Chris or Silva will start in the middle I think.

1 hour ago, NikkiCFC said:

Pulisic is not ready so it opens place finally for CHO to play 90mins as LW which is his best position. James will be moved to RWB, Chalobah RCB and Chris or Silva will start in the middle I think.

I honestly don't know what Odoi's best position is. He needs to beat defenders and/or provide creativity to play as a winger, and he does neither these days. Worried about him.

Chelsea: Kepa; James, Chalobah, Sarr; Hudson-Odoi, Kante (c), Saul, Chilwell; Ziyech, Werner, Loftus-Cheek

Substitutes: Bettinelli, Mbuyamba, Thiago Silva, Barkley, Havertz, Mount, Lukaku

Even Sarr starts. 

Should probably expect a very ugly, disjointed performance with so many changes but I’m glad we’ve rotated so heavily.

Only thing I care about here is getting some good minutes in the legs of Saul, Kante, and Chilly. Hopefully Saul in particular has a solid outing to build his confidence up.

23 minutes ago, Patrick Bamford said:

Still no Pulisic. 

WTF happened to him? 

During an World Cup qualifier he attempted to throw himself through two CBs and rolled his ankle...then he refused to be taken off the field and tried to straight leg limp up the pitch, then back down the pitch and finally went down. I bet he damaged it more by refusing to listen to the trainers.

Edit to change Olympic to World Cup

4 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

During an World Cup qualifier he attempted to throw himself through two CBs and rolled his ankle...then he refused to be taken off the field and tried to straight leg limp up the pitch, then back down the pitch and finally went down. I bet he damaged it more by refusing to listen to the trainers.

Edit to change Olympic to World Cup

OMG he really is a disaster.

Gotta get rid of, that's if there's anyone to take him.