Chelsea 1 (4) - (3) 1 Aston Villa

ZAPHOD2319

On 20/09/2021 at 16:52, Muzchap said:

I don't mind if we lose this - worthless cup - focus on the league and CL... 

While I don't think it would be the end of the world if we don't win any of the national cup competitions I really don't want us to be like Liverpool basically throwing those away and if things don't work out in the league and CL they end up trophyless which is a very common occurence for them. For all his hype of being among the best managers in the world Klopp has a league title and a CL trophy in his 6 years with Liverpool and while this doesn't sound too bad it pales in comparison with the stuff other managers have achieved. Top teams fight on all fronts.

52 minutes ago, Milan said:

Matches in this cup will later on colide with the Club World Cup unfortunately.

yeah, the FA/league association is incredibly incompetent. We should do it like liverpool in 2019 with the two-squad-solution. Just leave some of the dregs at home and play them+some u23/youth players..

Anyway, we should play the whole tournament with the weakest possible lineups and not invest anything in the competition as we ar eat a huge disadvantage from the outset.

3 hours ago, Milan said:

Matches in this cup will later on colide with the Club World Cup unfortunately.

2 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

yeah, the FA/league association is incredibly incompetent. We should do it like liverpool in 2019 with the two-squad-solution. Just leave some of the dregs at home and play them+some u23/youth players..

Anyway, we should play the whole tournament with the weakest possible lineups and not invest anything in the competition as we ar eat a huge disadvantage from the outset.

CWC final was scheduled for 19th December which is Sunday. QF of Carabao Cup is 21-22nd December so no issues at all. Obviously we will play 22nd because of this so 3 days between games is a regular thing.

And if they put it now in Qatar it is far closer than Japan so even better. We will just have postponed a couple of PL games. December 15th against Everton and December 18th against Wolves.

I want sextuple!

Edited by NikkiCFC

Just now, NikkiCFC said:

CWC final was scheduled for 19th December which is Sunday. QF of Carabao Cup is 21-22nd December so no issues at all. Obviously we will play 22nd because of this so 3 days between games is a regular thing.

And if they put it now in Qatar it is far closer than Japan so even better.

Bayern last year had the same schedule coming back from Qatar and they drew to the worst team in the league due to the lack of rest. We should make use of our huge squad. I don't care too much about COC, CWC is more important. Also it is not a given it is as close by as Qatar. Can as well be south africa or Brazil