Chelsea 1 (4) - (3) 1 Aston Villa

ZAPHOD2319

2 minutes ago, Milan said:

Before the shootout it was quite obvious that TT was asking players and Werner shook his head.

He didn’t want to be the penalty kicker when Jorginho took over. He will not get better hiding like that.

Just now, ZAPHOD2319 said:

He didn’t want to be the penalty kicker when Jorginho took over. He will not get better hiding like that.

Especially after scoring a goal tonight.

Anyway, hopefully Lukaku takes over from Jorginho from now on. IF we are lucky and actually get a pen in a game lol

5 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

I'm pleased we're through, but I can't get over the fact Werner didn't take a PK. Is his confidence that shot?

Scored 3 goals and 1 assist in 3 games for Germany. Assist in cameo against Spurs and now goal. His confidence is growing no need to kill it with pen.

Just now, NikkiCFC said:

Scored 3 goals and 1 assist in 3 games for Germany. Assist in cameo against Spurs and now goal. His confidence is growing no need to kill it with pen.

It isn't like he him missing was nailed on. Just seems odd especially considering he was Leipzig's main taker, IIRC.

The fourth round draw
Here’s the draw in full:

Cheslea vs Southampton

Arsenal vs Leeds

Stoke vs Brentford

West Ham vs Manchester City

Leicester vs Brighton

Burnley vs Tottenham

QPR vs Sunderland

Preston vs Liverpool

14 minutes ago, Vesper said:

The fourth round draw
Here’s the draw in full:

Cheslea vs Southampton

Arsenal vs Leeds

Stoke vs Brentford

West Ham vs Manchester City

Leicester vs Brighton

Burnley vs Tottenham

QPR vs Sunderland

Preston vs Liverpool

Ofc liverpool get another free pass

They small teams have evaporated quickly.

Anyway, we made hard work of this. But we built a habit of scraping through when playing poorly. True winner's instinct. We should not make a habit out of relying on it tho.

12 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Ofc liverpool get another free pass

Deepdale is the oldest continuously-used football stadium on the planet

maybe they conjure up a miracle

PNE have not lost in their last 7 games

Preston North End - Deepdale Stadium UHD 4K - YouTube

Preston North End F.C. 1080P, 2K, 4K, 5K HD wallpapers free download |  Wallpaper Flare

Edited by Vesper

4 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Impressive. That badge looks like it was designed before the Saxon invasion of England lol

The Splash

The iconic image of Tom Finney aqua-planing at Stamford Bridge in 1956 hangs in the manager's office at Deepdale

The iconic image of Tom Finney aqua-planing at Stamford Bridge in 1956 hangs in the manager's office at Deepdale

Finney_statue_in_Preston.jpg

Werner on why he didn't take a PK -"First of all, I had pain in my calf and couldn’t go out. When you have fit players on the pitch, it is better they shoot than I do today."

Make of that what you will.

7 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

How is Callum still on? 

I was glad he stayed on and the same with Saul who could easily have been subbed at halftime again. If there is to be improvement from either of them time on the pitch has to be part of the medicine.