Aston Villa 2-1 Chelsea

Jase

Bad game, looking the way we're playing last few games we didnt deserve the top 4 ... there was no joy about finishing their, basically Leicester and West Ham were even bad in the final games. There is hardly any changes in the approach /strategy, just the intensity moves up a notch or comes down. Teams love to defend against us because we self destruct in the final third which makes defence easier. For a fan our playing pattern is so predictable imagine for those who are earning to analyse it ... 

City starts favorite and for me surely going the win the CL based on how we're performing post the semis unless there is some sort of miracle ... 

14 minutes ago, coolhead23 said:

Bad game, looking the way we're playing last few games we didnt deserve the top 4 ... there was no joy about finishing their, basically Leicester and West Ham were even bad in the final games. There is hardly any changes in the approach /strategy, just the intensity moves up a notch or comes down. Teams love to defend against us because we self destruct in the final third which makes defence easier. For a fan our playing pattern is so predictable imagine for those who are earning to analyse it ... 

City starts favorite and for me surely going the win the CL based on how we're performing post the semis unless there is some sort of miracle ... 

West Ham finished TWO points behind us

last 3 games 2 wins and a draw, 7 out of 9, 7 goals scored, 2 conceded

Chels last 3, 1 win, 2 losses, 3 out of 9, scored 3, conceded 4

If not for the mirror image (of our worst game (West Brom was that once a season fluke every team has) under Tuchel, that fucking Arse nil 1 loss) cockup by West Ham when they lost nil 1 to a hugely slumping Everton, WEST HAM would be going to the CL, and not us.

Edited by Vesper

19 minutes ago, Vesper said:

If not for the mirror image (of our worst game (West Brom was that once a season fluke every team has) under Tuchel, that fucking Arse nil 1 loss) cockup by West Ham when they lost nil 1 to a hugely slumping Everton, WEST HAM would be going to the CL, and not us.

Precisely they were bad than us ... the Everton loss and Burnley draw took away 4 points which were doable specially the way they were playing.  

31 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Well, thank god the season is played over 38 games and not over the last 3 games!

If we profited from others slipping up in recent games, then one could also argue that the other teams profited from us slipping up hopelessly under Lampard. We basically "gave" them a head start when Tuchel came in and they still couldn't take full advantage. 

Don't know about you guys, but I can never be happy with just a top 4 finish, especially with the way we barely scraped into it in Wenger-esque fashion. Yesterday's match was about sending a message to City and also getting the job done ourselves which honestly was something that should've never gone down to the final matchday. Instead we lost to a mid-table team with nothing to fight for and had to rely on Spurs of all teams to do the job for us.

You might say I'm spoiled, but I absolutely refuse to accept us being demoted to a mere top 4 contenders which is the case in the past 4 years. Regardless of what happens in the CL final major changes need to be made in the summer.

Some players are getting old.
There is no striker. If Werner and Kai will become strikers in the distant future is something I cannot tell, but they are not strikers now.
If Werner is nonetheless useful with his fast runs, he is still no striker.
Giroud is 34.
The spectre of Mourinhos 2015 team haunts me. We won the league, we were expecting better, we got sh*t.
We need to build a team this summer.

Edited by cosmicway

35 minutes ago, Jas said:

Well, thank god the season is played over 38 games and not over the last 3 games!

If we profited from others slipping up in recent games, then one could also argue that the other teams profited from us slipping up hopelessly under Lampard. We basically "gave" them a head start when Tuchel came in and they still couldn't take full advantage. 

no argument from me on that 👍🏽

9 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Pathetic that yesterday, complete and utter shite. Jorginho is absolute car crash material.

If we don't go charging for Lukaku I will go mental. 

Is n't Lukaku a case of Iguain - Pato now ?

On 24/05/2021 at 03:41, NikkiCFC said:

Yes, definitely more clinical. Tammy and Timo both scored 6 goals but Tammy just 4 big chances missed. Timo 18.

About Bamford on previous pages... He had very good season. He has all in his skillset. 17g, 7a but his biggest problem is like with Timo. Big chances missed. He is top of the league with 21. 

So if he improves there he could be 25+ goals player.

It is crazy.18 big chances missed in a single season is something else. For reference, according to offical PL stats, Frank Lampard missed just 18 big chances in his entire career o.O. Makes you appreciate how clinical we used to be....

Tammy's treatment under TT really has been criminal. One of very few major gripes i have with him. I ahve made myself clear that I am not a big Tammy fan and I dont think he got it to lead our line as main striker but has his uses and TT has ignored them and we may still pay the price for that.

On 25/05/2021 at 20:10, Magic Lamps said:

It is crazy.18 big chances missed in a single season is something else. For reference, according to offical PL stats, Frank Lampard missed just 18 big chances in his entire career o.O. Makes you appreciate how clinical we used to be....

Tammy's treatment under TT really has been criminal. One of very few major gripes i have with him. I ahve made myself clear that I am not a big Tammy fan and I dont think he got it to lead our line as main striker but has his uses and TT has ignored them and we may still pay the price for that.

Wouldn't say missing 18 big chances over a full season is crazy at all. According to PL stats last season Tammy missed 22 and in recent years players like Salah, Mane, Vardy, Aubameyang etc. have always missed around 15-23 over a season. Even Kane regularly clocks around 15-18 big chances missed a year.

Only crazy thing is that he ended up with just six league goals despite having a ton of chances. If he can start converting even some of those next season, as well as score the occasional goal from opportunities not classified as 'big chances' he's set for 15-20 league goals easy. In his career Timo has never underperformed his xG by this much so he just needs to have a bit of luck on his side, get his confidence back and most importantly stay the fuck onside and he's good to go.

Btw for Lampard the stat is simply not true. In the PL they only started keeping count of 'big chances missed' in the 2010/11 season so Lampard only has a few years worth football listed there. Not counting his brief stint at Man City, he scored 28 non-penalty PL goals for Chelsea while missing 17 'big chances' between 2010-2014. Obviously a much better ratio than Werner this season but nothing out of the ordinary. And I guarantee if they tracked such stats when Lampard was constantly banging in 20 goals a season in prime he'd be high up on the list too like pretty much every other great player. It's not really a surprise that the best players who score the most goals also miss the most chances because they get into more goalscoring opportunities than shit players playing for shit teams.

Edited by Jype