Aston Villa 2-1 Chelsea

Jase

3 minutes ago, Jas said:

It was a half chance at best from a high ball, IIRC.

The others mentioned had more glaring chances/misses.

I'm not disagreeing, just pointing the former out who has been dreadful in front of goal. All in all, we need finishers (Jorginho being our highest scorer in the league is unbelievable). 

1 minute ago, chippy said:

+ top quality players. 

We have too many 6/10 level players who every now then play a bit better than that.

The days where we go out and buy ready made stars are gone. We are hoping our investments in the likes of Havertz, Pulisic and Chilwell will prove to be fruitful.

Edited by LAM09

Crazy the numbers Tottenham attackers pulled this season and finished 7th

Kane: 23 goals 14 assists
Son: 17 goals 10 assists
Bale: 11 goals 2 assists

Meanwhile us not sure we have a single player with double digits.

36 minutes ago, Blues Forever said:

We have too many deadwoods, i will give Werner another season if he still piss poor then he need to go.

Agree, but othets need to step uo too.

Pulisic has been hugely disappointing this season. Talent is there but that's no use to us if he only shows flashes every 6 games or so.

2 minutes ago, Mana said:

He's fine. TT took him off because he's scared of Mendy hurting himself more before the CL final.

TT wants that CL.

So was he slightly injured or was it an out of the blue decision to swap keepers because the coach is suddenly fearing for this goalie before the CL final? Highly, highly unusual if that is the case.

14 minutes ago, Vybz Kartel said:

My biggest problem is we have become bottlers in the last 3 years, if this was 5 years ago we beat Villa 6-0. We are missing something from that group of players 

What do you expect when we had to rebuild our squad with new players? What do you expect when we had an inexperienced manager in charge for 18 months and then had to change to an experienced manager in the middle of a pandemic season with no time to do anything in training?

For all the glory of Terry, Lampard, Drogba, Cech etc in the team 10-15 years ago, it's easy to forget that that team was forged to become what it was by Mourinho. He didn't just buy the players but he also built them to be a strong side mentally, character wise, tactically etc. Modern players can't be compared to players from that generation but we should be looking to give time to a manager to build a team to be strong in all departments - like Guardiola has done at City, like Klopp has done at Liverpool. This current team is not a ready made team like it was 10-12 years ago, where we could just sack Mourinho, Scolari, Grant, Ancelotti and continue to win regardless of who is in charge. This team needs someone to lead them and build them, not go through stupid upheavals by constantly changing manager. Ever since Mourinho got sacked the first time, only Mourinho (again) lasted more than 2 seasons and only Ancelotti, Mourinho (again!), Conte and Lampard lasted more than 1 season. Between all of that, we had Grant, Scolari, Hiddink (twice!), AVB, Benitez, Di Matteo, Sarri and now Tuchel. 

2 minutes ago, Milan said:

So was he slightly injured or was it an out of the blue decision to swap keepers because the coach is suddenly fearing for this goalie before the CL final? Highly, highly unusual if that is the case.

OK I am seeing the rib problem now.

Werner and Havertz have been nowhere near what we hoped for and expected but I wouldn’t call either busts yet. They’ve both at least shown glimpses and have contributed here and there. Chilly has been good. Mendy obviously very solid. Thiago Silva has exceeded expectations and been amazing.

The only new signing that has genuinely flopped hard is Ziyech. Which really hurts and is inexplicable. I predicted last summer that he would be the best of the new boys in the short term because of his age and ready made skill set. I just don’t get what happened with him.

3 minutes ago, Milan said:

He hurt his ribs when trying to save the first goal. Seems minor?

https://www.goal.com/en/news/Chelsea-to-sweat-over-mendy-injury-ahead-of-champions-league/qq9a695i9z5f10kd9iihsn68i

34 minutes ago, Mário César said:

No. We lack of quality.

just because we lack quality does not mean we  don't lack leadership.

We have more than enough qualtiy to beat ASton villa ffs

Edited by Magic Lamps

26 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Every time someone tweets those stats about our top scorers this season I just cringe. It’s ridiculous. Jorginho, with 7 pens, is our leading scorer. For a club with hundreds of millions of pounds in attacking talent.

The likes of Lingard and Bamford were scoring with ease. A 35 year old Cavani scoring goals. Gümdogan from CM scoring for fun.

It’s amateurish to see a massive club like ourselves with a pathetic attack like this. Every team in the top half has a reliable goal scorer except for us. That’s totally ridiculous. We need to do what we did with Diego Costa and quickly identify and execute in the market.

Here's something for you...

1 minute ago, Jas said:

Here's something for you...

Pathetic. Never mind world class, imagine if we had a merely serviceable #9 that scored 15 goals in the league this year. We would’ve probably been a comfortable 2nd place.

Just finished watching the game, had to record it.

What a fucking mess, the end games this season have been fucking appalling, amongst losses to the Arse, losing the fucking cup final, it's been truly shocking.

Leicester losing for us to get through just don't cut it for me, one finisher will not be enough next season, we need more.

I'm so so disappointed by this display, it don't make me happy or grateful we finished fourth due to Leicester's fuck up.

And as for the ECL final Shitty will tear us a new arsehole.