Aston Villa 2-1 Chelsea

Jase

39 minutes ago, Milan said:

Also, credit where its due for Liverpool - last 10 games - 26 points. They really went for it.

With their defenders back next season, I fully expect them to be hitting 90 points again. 

I fear we'll be in another battle for 4th next season, with Spurs running us close.

Don't see Leicester or West Ham doing as well next season.

28 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Think they’ll be back to their best next season, sadly. They can finally get healthy and will freshen up their squad with some new players.

We have to be extremely good in the market because both Liverpool and United will be getting stronger. 

Apart from Kante, name one great signing over the last 4 years.

I have no faith in those in charge of our transfers. One bad or average signing after another.

34 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Think they’ll be back to their best next season, sadly. They can finally get healthy and will freshen up their squad with some new players.

We have to be extremely good in the market because both Liverpool and United will be getting stronger. 

Definitely! Even with the injuries they finished 3rd despite being written off...turned it around. Won 8 in their last 10 games..just got forgotten about it seems then bam there they were.

Dont think they'll be far behind as have been this season at all.

46 minutes ago, Vybz Kartel said:

I would honestly take a chance, if we get even half the Hazard we had he is better than what we currently have at the moment

And Drogba might still be able to do better than this lot too.

BTW. 

Just heard Banford being talked about. I certainly wouldn't mind us making a bid for him. 

Just now, Mana said:

West Ham I agree, but Leicester? Stop writing these lot off FFS. They gave us serious trouble in the last 2 seasons and they are not going to just "drop off" next season.

Mendy. Silva (although it was a free transfer).

Mendy for sure, but I was thinking about outfield players.

I'm writing Leicester off because it looks like Vardy is on the wane.

They are extremely smart in their recruitment, but he's going to be incredibly difficult to replace.

hace 3 minutos, chippy dijo:

And Drogba might still be able to do better than this lot too.

BTW. 

Just heard Banford being talked about. I certainly wouldn't mind us making a bid for him. 

Jesus. He will be thrown to the wolfs first time he misses/plays bad. Decent player for Leeds, not good enough for us. 

3 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Jesus. He will be thrown to the wolfs first time he misses/plays bad. Decent player for Leeds, not good enough for us. 

He would get slaughtered if he would produce the same drop off in performance in 2nd half of the season as he did for Leeds.

All in i donot see what he offers that abraham doesnt. He has alsmost exactly the same attacking ouput as Tammy had last season. Scoring a good amount of goals in thefirst hal fof the season in low pressure situations scoring in cluters vs shit teams only to do mainly nothing for the rest of the years. If Tammy and Oli both leave we need a back up striker. In this capacity we can talk about Bamford, if he can be gotten cheap but you can't rely on guys who have shown they don't score consistently. This includes all our current strikers just as well as Bamford.

4 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

People said he wouldn't be good enough for the Premiership, but he's proved them wrong.

Could do even better with better players around him.

7 minutes ago, chippy said:

People said he wouldn't be good enough for the Premiership, but he's proved them wrong.

Bamford "works" for Leeds because Bielsa plays a certain way and he fits into that bill. It's a whole other question coming here to play a different way AND play for a club at the top end of the table. 

hace 9 minutos, chippy dijo:

Oh please. That was the same for Demba Ba, Loic Remy, Danny Drinkwater among many others. Then all these guys were not of the required level and it showed. If he didn't play for us in the academy/u23s years ago it would be a non starter. I mean even Ziyech, Havertz, Werner have all struggled its not as easy as he will be better cause we have better players than Leeds

Edited by OneMoSalah

3 hours ago, Blues Forever said:

Pulisic and Jorginho shouldn't start in the final.

To be fair, Pulisic got us into the final. He also created the only goal today. I don’t understand this. Werner is useless.       
                 Havertz

mount                     Pulisic  

for me for final

4 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Werner is useless yet he caused the most harm against City on both occasions?

Werner is in horrible form. Cant pick a pass and can’t hit the broad side of a barn. Why is he an automatic starter? If you want speed off the bench, use him in the 75 min. 

Edited by Ryebread
Typo

4 minutes ago, Ryebread said:

Werner is in horrible form. Cant pick a pass and can’t hit the broad side of a barn. Why is he an automatic starter? If you want speed off the bench, use him in the 75 min. 

If you say Werner is in horrible form, then what kind of form is Pulisic in? 

It’s not gonna happen but there is a certain experienced Frenchman that might be a wise choice up top. 

not sure why we haven’t seen this yet:

Giroud

mount————————pulisic 

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

Oh please. That was the same for Demba Ba, Loic Remy, Danny Drinkwater among many others. Then all these guys were not of the required level and it showed. If he didn't play for us in the academy/u23s years ago it would be a non starter. I mean even Ziyech, Havertz, Werner have all struggled its not as easy as he will be better cause we have better players than Leeds

I'm just at a loss, scratching my head thinking about who we should go for.

We are not getting Kane or Harrland. I'm not s fan of Lukaku. Dread the thought of a 34 year old Lewondowski leading our attack. 

hace 1 minuto, chippy dijo:

I'm just at a loss, scratching my head thinking about who we should go for.

We are not getting Kane or Harrland. I'm not s fan of Lukaku. Dread the thought of a 34 year old Lewondowski leading our attack. 

Lewandowski would be unreal. But no way we get him. Surely not

3 minutes ago, Jas said:

If you say Werner is in horrible form, then what kind of form is Pulisic in? 

I wouldn’t say horrible. I would say not great.. he created the only goal today. So he deserves benching?? Sorry, if it’s a choice of benching one of today’s players in the final, it ain’t pulisic.