Chelsea 0-1 Leicester [FA Cup]

Jase

46 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

When the freeze frame ever surfaces (if it ever does), he will probably still be offside for the milliseconds it is people are making a complaint about. Its the same for other VAR calls the majority of the freeze frames tend to look as if its right after/before its been kicked because its a millisecond difference 9/10 times but obviously you’re right and haven’t noticed the other VAR disallowed goals in the last near 2 seasons.... but yeah lets sit screaming about corruption to hide the fact we didn’t do enough because that will make everything ok 😂

Wolves v Fulham

NINTCHDBPICT000646437492.jpg?strip=all&w

Sheffield v Spurs (not official PL one but shows the same idea)

1*htv55kqmEXPuLeicymim5A.png

Liverpool v Everton

Mane-offside-EVELIV-202021.png?width=135

us v Liverpool last season

VAR-offside-1.PNG?width=1350&height=759

Arsebal v Southampton

wdnwd.jpeg?strip=all&w=960&quality=100

Leeds v Palace

Image_from_iOS_-_2020-11-08T123720.620.j

I mean how many do you need to see? 

Re The handball. Whilst it did lead to a goal technically, it wasn’t as if there wasnt a pass to Luke Thomas then another pass to Tielemans. They’ve deemed it as not a clear and obvious error, which for me, its not worth losing sleep over because there was plenty that could have prevented it ie non half hearted closing down and moaning or telling someone else to run a few yards like we seen re Jorginho and Silva. Or the initial daft pass when Perez was already in a position that closes the passing lane off. So again, for me, not a big deal or not necessarily a 100% incorrect decision. The handball rule is so vague now a days its just unfortunate that it doesn’t have a continued and consistent definition for what is and what isn’t across the board. If they had the consistency and they gave hand balls for that, fair enough but they don’t so unfortunately for officials its live by the sword or die by the sword. They try implement new rules, they are crucified, they don’t, their crucified again.

Are you telling me all of those pictures are the same as Thiago Silva's one which is a ball thats clearly in the air?! Nah, you're waffling for the sake of it. All of those pictures you've shown me is players feet making contact with the ball whilst the ball clearly left Thiago's foot and is in the air. Not even a close comparison. 

About the Tielemans goal, the handball clearly resulted in a goalscoring opportunity. It doesn't matter if Thomas was the one that passed to Tielemans, it still is a result of the handball that made sure the ball deflected into a goalscoring opportunity. If Perez didn't block it with his knee/hand then the goal would not have come, thats why its so vital in creating a opportunity for Tielemans to score. The space in time between Perez blocking the pass and Tielemans scoring is about 10-15 seconds if I'm correct. That tells you all you need to know. 

P.S. Ofcourse our team is a fault too, but it doesn't mean I'm going to act like an idiot and pretend VAR did their job properly.

Edited by Azul

hace 1 minuto, Azul dijo:

Are you telling me all of those pictures are the same as Thiago Silva's one which is a ball thats clearly in the air?! Nah, you're waffling for the sake of it. All of those pictures you've shown me is players feet making contact with the ball whilst the ball clearly left Thiago's foot and is in the air. Not even a close comparison. 

About the Tielemans goal, the handball clearly resulted in a goalscoring opportunity. It doesn't matter if Thomas was the one that passed to Tielemans, it still is a result of the handball that made sure the ball deflected into a goalscoring opportunity. If Perez didn't block it with his knee/hand then the goal would not have come, thats why its so vital in creating a opportunity for Tielemans to score. The space in time between Perez blocking the pass and Tielemans scoring is about 10-15 seconds if I'm correct. That tells you all you need to know. 

Mate the ball is basically being passed in all of them, be it high or low pass, its the fucking same 🤣 The Thiago, Willian and Wolves game one for instances the ball is basically just about to move its as I said a millisecond wont make a massive difference. Your obviously just not going to see the point so go back to your “everything is corrupt” nonsense and thats the only reason we didnt win the FA cup like a little whining bitch. 

As for the handball well, as I said, handball rule is vague. Across the whole board. I can see why it wasn't given and if its 10-15 seconds then its 10-15 seconds that between Jorginho and Silva someone has to do something more than the halfhearted shit they did. Or James not play a poor pass. Not rocket science. If it was other way about for both decisions you’d not be complaining so does all a favour.

14 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Mate the ball is basically being passed in all of them, be it high or low pass, its the fucking same 🤣 The Thiago, Willian and Wolves game one for instances the ball is basically just about to move its as I said a millisecond wont make a massive difference. Your obviously just not going to see the point so go back to your “everything is corrupt” nonsense and thats the only reason we didnt win the FA cup like a little whining bitch. 

As for the handball well, as I said, handball rule is vague. Across the whole board. I can see why it wasn't given and if its 10-15 seconds then its 10-15 seconds that between Jorginho and Silva someone has to do something more than the halfhearted shit they did. Or James not play a poor pass. Not rocket science. If it was other way about for both decisions you’d not be complaining so does all a favour.

Miliseconds won't make a difference, according to who? I suggest you to buy some glasses, because the ball is not on Thiago Silva's foot whilst it is in every single picture you've provided. Is it that hard to understand?

So your answer for the Tielemans goal is that the rule is vague? The rule is clear as day stop pretending to be an idiot, because I know you have some sense. If there is an accidental handball that leads to a goal or a goalscoring opportunity then it should be penalised. Did Leicester score seconds after the accidental handball? Yes. Would they have scored if there was no accidental handball? No.

It's very simple but your brain doesn't seem to compute it, because you don't want it to. I don't know whether you're trolling or whether you like to argue for the sake of it.

By the way you're telling the most notorious well known criticiser of Chelsea players on TalkChelsea to blame the players? Oh the irony. I was the one calling Timo not good enough from the start and also criticised the likes of Jorginho, and not wanting him to start against Leicester. Even though the players should've done much better and share a lot of the blame, I still have to be neutral and recognize what VAR has done instead of voluntarily turning a blind eye like you.

Edited by Azul

39 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Mate did you watch the Wb vs Pool just now? Did you see what happened? And your still not a believer......dear me.

hace 4 minutos, Atomiswave dijo:

Mate did you watch the Wb vs Pool just now? Did you see what happened? And your still not a believer......dear me.

I didnt. But I will. And in all likelihood it still wont make me change my mind on our game. Because its two different games and will be different decisions. More concerned with us winning on Tuesday that the VAR conspiracy if I am honest.

7 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

I didnt. But I will. And in all likelihood it still wont make me change my mind on our game. Because its two different games and will be different decisions. More concerned with us winning on Tuesday that the VAR conspiracy if I am honest.

Dude, I wish i were still as trustful as you but the world is a cruel cruel place. If the last 2 seasons (Cuntony Taylor final, yesterday, dozen liverpool games, 40 pens for ManUre in 2 years, City vs Dortmund) do not convince you that the whole circus is corrupted, nothing will.

Justo ahora, Magic Lamps dijo:

Dude, I wish i were still as trustful as you but the world is a cruel cruel place. If the last 2 seasons (Cuntony Taylor final, yesterday, dozen liverpool games, 40 pens for ManUre in 2 years, City vs Dortmund) do not convince you that the whole circus is corrupted, nothing will.

There is bad decisions obviously but the whole point of VAR is to make the tough shit ones everyone wanted no? Liverpool game isnt going to change the decisions in our one is it? Some teams have more pens aye definitely and I agreed with Franks comments about United at the beginning of the season of them looking to win penalties but the cries of corruption for yesterday’s decisions are, well, daft 😂 it it were roles reversed nobody would of piped up....

8 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

it it were roles reversed nobody would of piped up....

Ha! Would say the luck is deserved considering the number of times we have been screwed over by decisions (e.g. the Maguire foul on Azpi at Old Trafford). 

Justo ahora, Jas dijo:

Ha! Would say the luck is deserved considering the number of times we have been screwed over by decisions (eg the Maguire foul on Azpi at Old Trafford). 

That was a bad one aye. Which shows the inconsistency but yesterdays werent half as bad as people making out and ultimately for both calls I would be more concerned with other things than how VAR did. 

Just now, OneMoSalah said:

That was a bad one aye. Which shows the inconsistency but yesterdays werent half as bad as people making out and ultimately for both calls I would be more concerned with other things than how VAR did. 

giphy.gif

49 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

THats fair enough but we are talking about the whole thing, yesterday was just a sneek-peak, this VAR debacle in Eng is so obviously corrupt. Yeah do look at that game and see daylight corruption hit you. Only in Eng can a player like pernandes stamp on a player and still get a pen in udt's favour, where was VAR then. Its bollocks mate and most of us are sick of it.

Edited by Atomiswave

VAR has ruined the game, there's not a single person I've spoken to who doesn't agree with that. Get rid of it, abolish the whole damn thing if they can't approach it sensibly, goal-line technology is enough. What happened to giving advantage to the attacker when he is level with the line? And Chilwell was level, I don't care about the lines drawn on a picture because it's not possible for anybody to pinpoint with absolute certainty when the ball was actually struck, or draw those millimeter wide lines with absolute accuracy from cameras far high up, it's impossible... hence giving the advantage in favour of goals, the beautiful game.

The moment it went in I had a feeling it wouldn't count, that's why I didn't celebrate the goal, I just knew it would be taken away... It was honestly quite sad looking at the players and fans celebrating in joy thinking they've equalised, when in your gut you just know it is for nothing. I rarely celebrate goals anymore tbh, too many times I've done it in the VAR era only to be disappointed. Learning from mistakes. And when the goals are confirmed after review, the momentary excitement right after the ball hits the back of the net is gone. It's pretty much ruined the excitement of football for me.

Edited by manpe

50 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

VAR itself is a concept I agree with, bar the offsides bollocks. They should follow suit with the MLS and get rid of the lines. It has to be clear and obvious to the naked eye. 

Definitely this.

If used correctly, I'm all for using video reviews to correct the bad refereeing mistakes. For things like penalties and red cards I think it's made the game better but for offsides the way they use the technology has gotten absolutely ridiculous.

When VAR was announced it was said it will be used to correct 'clear and obvious errors' in refereeing but in most of the tight offside calls there's nothing clear and obvious about it. Hell, even the technology itself is flawed in such tight cases because you can't judge mere millimeters from a 50fps broadcast camera when players are running at full speed. There will always be a margin of error between two frames and for example in the Chilwell goal the ball had already left Silva's foot in the frame they used to make the offside call. In the previous frame 0,02 seconds before the ball was more than likely still in Silva's possession and Chilwell was not in an offside position so it's pretty much just a matter of preference which of the two frames the VAR decides to use and neither of them are 100% correct so they should have no right to rule out the goal. And that's even without considering decisions like Werner goal against Liverpool where they just pulled out of their asses the position from his body where to draw the line and that's always up to the video referee's personal decision on how badly he wants the goal to be ruled out. In that one they got it wrong because they drew the line from Werner's elbow which can't even be used to score a legal goal anyway and if they'd drawn it from his shoulder or even bicep like they're supposed to he wouldn't have been offside anymore. 

If they change VAR so that the video ref needs to judge it from a freezed frame without the lines altogether or even more preferably from a slow-motion video then I'm in full support of using the videos as a tool to make the game more fair to everyone. That way the decisions will still be in the spirit of the game and the review shouldn't take too long either because you can either tell immediately whether it's a clear offside or not and if you can't then the original on-field decision stands.

I definitely wouldn't bin VAR completely but something needs to change and fast. The game is going in a very worrying direction with the way it is and I don't think any fans or players themselves fully enjoy it this way. The old system pre-VAR wasn't all that great either because there were simply too many high profile mistakes from referees but if this is current model is the best alternative they come up with then I'd go back to pre-VAR times any day of the week but the best option would be to make just slight adjustments to the way they implement it and then it's great.

Edited by Jype