• Kovacic
    • Ziyech
    • Pulisic
    • Werner
    • Christensen (sub)
    • Mount (sub)
    • Havertz (sub)

2 hours ago, Beigl said:

On the other hand it means we have more rest before the crucial away game against Porto and given WBA is practically relegated we should really win this and put pressure on the teams around us. 

Here is hoping

10 hours ago, Special Juan said:

International break, fucking great.

I really don't want International Football at all it fucks the whole system up.

Especially now with the Pandemic we got players travelling all over Europe, it's a fucking disgrace.

Just goes to show that EUAFA and FIFA think more of income than players lives, and the supporters.

Supporters and players are just cannon fodder for the unscrupulous self importance nere do well's.

On 23/03/2021 at 07:28, bigbluewillie said:

I really don't want International Football at all it fucks the whole system up.

Especially now with the Pandemic we got players travelling all over Europe, it's a fucking disgrace.

Just goes to show that EUAFA and FIFA think more of income than players lives, and the supporters.

Supporters and players are just cannon fodder for the unscrupulous self importance nere do well's.

There is a bit of a feedback lag so UEFA/Fifa might not realize they are driving the whole circus onto a wall.

Most of the football fans I know here in Germany have long stopped watching games of our DFB-team outside big tournaments. I will also not watch the WC in Qatar and will motivate others to stop doing so. Once the networks notice fewer ppl are watching they will bid less. sadly not much less as most nt games are televised by public networks who are not dependent on commercial sponsor models.

3 hours ago, Jason said:

I just realized/remembered something about this fixture - Ivanovic is coming back to the Bridge! Shame that there's no fans in the stadium to welcome him back.

If Allardyce's recent selections are anything to go by he won't even be in the squad.

On 28/03/2021 at 13:13, King Kante said:

Team prediction: 

Mendy

Dave Silva Rudi

CHO Jorgi Billy Alonso

Mount Werner

Giroud 

I agree with most but no chance Billy starts over Kovacic who just finished his int. break. He had 2 of 3 starts for Croatia. Tomorrow day off and two days to prepare the game. 

Also I assume Kai, Mount and Rudiger will all start tomorrow which means they would have started all 3 games for their countries. WBA is early kick off on Saturday so too early for them. 

My front 3 would be Ziyech - Werner - Pulisic. 

They are fresh. Werner still didn't start for Germany. Pulisic just had 2 friendlies and is already in Cobham in training. Ziyech also didn't start tonight so just one game basically for Morocco. 

Also let Hakim and Puli continue where they stopped before int. break. Hakim scored 2 in last 2 games and Pulisic had assist against Atletico and was motm against Sheffield. 

Let's see who starts with Azpi and Silva but considering it's just WBA it will be great chance to try Silva and Chris together in back 3 for the first time. 

29 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

I agree with most but no chance Billy starts over Kovacic who just finished his int. break. He had 2 of 3 starts for Croatia. Tomorrow day off and two days to prepare the game. 

But Kante has a hamstring problem and we don't know what's the situation over Jorginho. So, Gilmour may still start.

37 minutes ago, Jason said:

But Kante has a hamstring problem and we don't know what's the situation over Jorginho. So, Gilmour may still start.

I saw Jorginho in training today on pics (you also posted). He just had small knock.

Edited by NikkiCFC

8 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

I saw Jorginho in training today on pics (you also posted). He just had small knock.

Even so, say Kante is out injured, then we also need rotate the midfield a little. Jorginho-Kovacic can't be playing every game, given we have a fixture pretty much every 3-4 days until the end of the season.

Usually I absolutely hate the international but this time I was almost glad for it.

Not for the international games but for the breather from everything Chelsea related, it's been absolutely relentless since the restart in June and it was good to get a bit of time to refresh and get set for what could end up being another relentless marathon of do or die games every few days.

4 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Usually I absolutely hate the international but this time I was almost glad for it.

Not for the international games but for the breather from everything Chelsea related, it's been absolutely relentless since the restart in June and it was good to get a bit of time to refresh and get set for what could end up being another relentless marathon of do or die games every few days.

Still plenty to worry about.. Mount and Benchy start for England, Havertz and Rüdi for Germany, also Emerson for Italy :D

No more injuries please...