• Jorginho
    • Kovacic
    • Mount
    • Abraham
    • Werner
    • Giroud (sub)
    • Kante (sub)
    • James (sub)

That was a dominant first half performance I have been waiting to see. Although we were dominant against Burnley and Spurs, the performance today is just top class. Dominating possession as well as looking brilliant offensively. Kovacic has ran the show literally. One of the must underrated players in our team. So much class. CHO is ripping them apart. He has messed up a couple times with his end product but other than that he is looking really good. Newcastle don't know how to deal with him. And Werner scoring. Relieved for him as his performance deserves that. Might go down as his assist but either way if he can get into double figures for goals and assists (which is very realistic with the chances he creates also), he will actually have had quite a stellar season. Get that third goal wrapped up quickly please.

2 minutes ago, Mana said:

Ehhh. I wouldn’t say great half. But it was decent.

When you could score 5 goals in one half, opposition didn't gave you any trouble and you controlled everything it is great half for me. 

3 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I do have to admit

Tuchel has Jorginho playing the best he has been, perhaps ever, for us, he is no longer slowing down the play much at all

I think half the battle for Jorginho has always been players moving off the ball. Be it in behind teams, dropping into spaces or showing for it, you see him when he has the ball gesturing to Kovacic or Rudiger or Christensen or others who are too slow to make angles to receive it or to push up a lot. There has been times where he has taken the safe option but I think after the first 6 months with Sarri we became very much an individualistic team where we didnt have coordinated attacks or patterns or great movement off the ball to get it into positions where we can hurt teams. Its still an issue but Tuchel is meticulous enough to address this I feel. Or I hope so.

2 minutes ago, Mana said:

Um...a decent GK would have saved that. It wasn't a magnificent save.

It was a save though and a good one regardless... and he held it, some GKs might of palmed it out for a corner.

Edited by OneMoSalah

Just now, Mana said:

GKs are supposed to make saves though...if you cannot save anything you should never be between the goals...

It was a decent save, but most GKs in this league would have caught it. If it went at the back at the net, it would have been a howler.

This is Kepa, though. Bear that in mind. Any save should be hailed. He has not made many in the last 2 years.