Barnsley 0-1 Chelsea

Jase

8 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

And aye I think one of Abraham or Giroud will be gone this summer it we get another high level CF. I would say Abraham as Giroud offers more but hes younger, an academy player and may be harder to shift. Although he hasnt signed a new deal yet has he so maybe not.

Abraham still has 2 years left on his contract apparently and while he has made his contribution, we need to say goodbye to Giroud once and for all. He's getting older and if he's not scoring, he really isn't offering us much anymore. 

Just now, Jason said:

Abraham still has 2 years left on his contract apparently and while he has made his contribution, we need to say goodbye to Giroud once and for all. He's getting older and if he's not scoring, he really isn't offering us much anymore. 

I suppose it depends on who comes in. If we get a CF who’s younger and not in there prime, having an experienced player to be a bitpart player is easier to sell to them than a younger guy like Abraham. Although I think your right, we need to shift Giroud eventually.

Ziyech actually I think will struggle under Tuchel if we continue with the back 3. It means his role is one of the two behind the striker in a more central area and I think this will be a struggle for him where he's very lightweight and won't have any time on the ball that he gets when playing wide right.

Havertz has had similar struggles but I think at least with Havertz when he adapts to the pace and physicality he's younger and more dynamic and also has the body and size to eventually not get bullied in there.

Just now, Superblue_1986 said:

Ziyech actually I think will struggle under Tuchel if we continue with the back 3. It means his role is one of the two behind the striker in a more central area and I think this will be a struggle for him where he's very lightweight and won't have any time on the ball that he gets when playing wide right.

The classic 'Player coming from the Eredivisie struggling in the Premier League'?

1 minute ago, Jason said:

The classic 'Player coming from the Eredivisie struggling in the Premier League'?

I'm surprised they didn't move Ziyech to the right for a bit tonight when we went to 4, and maybe played Pulisic or CHO centrally for a bit.