Barnsley 0-1 Chelsea

Jase

2 minutes ago, DANILA said:

Starting to worry again about top 4... two back to back horror show performances against very weak teams

To be fair tonight we made 10 changes, the pitch was fucking terrible and it was the FA Cup after all.

Just glad we’re still in the cup.

Absolutely pathetic and shite performance. We have been very very lucky with the results in the last few games...

1)  Not sure what has happened to Pulisic, Ziyech , Kante - nowhere near their best

2) Despite his good goal recently , Alonso is one of those players who will have one in six good games. He should not start games. Hate those type of players Willian was one of them

3) Without Mount Chelsea is Terrible

4) IMO I thought Lampard's Team played much better, like i said we have been very lucky with results.

11 minutes ago, hiterto said:

4) IMO I thought Lampard's Team played much better, like i said we have been very lucky with results.

Aye maybe than we did tonight. But not the other games. 

Edited by OneMoSalah

Just now, Laylabelle said:

So glad it ended. Was just a bit mehhh but got there in the end..

Jeez it was like pulling teeth...not surprising with Atkinson ref - a fervent supporter of that other Yorkshire team Leeds. He seemed to do whatever he could to not give us a free kick for the first half hour -and was then desperate for Barnsley to score later on

In 3-4-3 from front 3 only Mount shows promise, all others are not good enough. Especially Pulisic, Ziyech and Havertz; Werner and Abraham have a good game sometimes.

We will still be dependent on our midfield masterclass from Kova and even Jorginho.

Edited by El P.

53 minutes ago, DANILA said:

Starting to worry again about top 4... two back to back horror show performances against very weak teams

Tonight yes but how was Sheffield a "horror show"?

I know they're bottom but that's mainly because they struggle to score, they've competed well and made it tough for every big six team this season, even City could only manage a pair of 1-0's against them.

Edited by Tomo

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

Pulisic has been pants lately

Both him and Ziyech have been pants since their second injury break (or maybe third in the case of Pulisic?)

Neither of them are starting 11 quality at the moment. 

57 minutes ago, BlueGuy said:

behind nobody who know play the ball and this slows us much, ahead zero movement without ball, rarely in 1 vs 1  we create number superiority, werner-giroud-abraham:  maybe with a fusion between  them  we could have a good striker!

Haaland. 

Or at least someone like him. There's a reason why only strikers like Drogba & Costa have succeeded at Chelsea in recent years.

51 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Jeez it was like pulling teeth...not surprising with Atkinson ref - a fervent supporter of that other Yorkshire team Leeds. He seemed to do whatever he could to not give us a free kick for the first half hour -and was then desperate for Barnsley to score later on

I still have mixed feelings towards Atkinson.

Remember all those matches he was in charge of when we faced Fergie's United? Not to mention this beaut.. 😆 a lovely combination of Atkinson + JT crashing into the Tottenham back line)

article-2130388-129E212C000005DC-60_1024

Edited by Blue Armour