• Kovacic
    • Mount
    • Giroud
    • Werner
    • Alonso (sub)
    • Hudson-Odoi (sub)
    • Kante (sub)

1 hour ago, NikkiCFC said:

This. I think Havertz, Ziyech and Pulisic are not at 50% of their level this season, someone must be responsible. I am positive about Tuchel getting the best of them very soon.

If you're gonna say that, then the same should be applied to all the attackers, no? Because I remember what you said about Werner yesterday (or the day before) in his thread, before the old database was uploaded. 

It is exciting to have all these amount of players in disposal and very exciting but my only concern is with all the attackers we have, is that there is never that consistency, because of the huge chopping and changing. It is good to have depth in the squad with all the turnaround in fixtures, but we literally have so many attacking players at disposal. I assume Pulisic has picked up another injury, but it is not even that ludicrous to suggest that even with the 9 man bench rule allowed, we just have far took many players and players sometimes won't make the matchday squad....

Edited by Stats

8 minutes ago, Jason said:

If you're gonna say that, then the same should be applied to all the attackers, no? Because I remember what you said about Werner yesterday (or the day before) in his thread, before the old database was uploaded. 

Yeah, maybe, but his problem is different I think.  How many sitters he missed? Can we blame others for that? Puli, Hakim and Kai also had injury set backs and all played much less minutes...

I hope Mount watched the performance of Foden and sees the level required for the creative role in a big team. 

Its not just about energy and running, Foden has that and also adds quality passes, shooting and dribbling in the box.

I know it is great that Tuchel has these guys clicking, but I am not willing to dump our attackers goal and assist numbers on Lampard. They missed a lot of goals that should have been in the net. Frank definitely seems less tactical than Tuchel, but these forwards need to own all the goals they missed. 

10 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Yeah, maybe, but his problem is different I think.  How many sitters he missed? Can we blame others for that? Puli, Hakim and Kai also had injury set backs and all played much less minutes...

Misses aside, Werner was played as a winger under Lampard and not as the second striker, the role that propelled him to become one of the coveted players around last summer. He didn't become that by playing as a winger at Leipzig or even for Germany.

Pulisic, Ziyech and Havertz have had their injury problems but even in the periods where they played while being injury free etc, there's not really 1 game or 1 performance that made you go WOW with them. Ziyech had maybe 1 or 2 but that's it.

If you're gonna say Tuchel will get the best out of Pulisic, Ziyech etc, then the same should be applied for everyone.