• Gilmour
    • Havertz
    • Anjorin
    • Abraham
    • Giroud (sub)
    • Werner (sub)
    • Kante (sub)

Got a confession to make.

As we know ours is nothing game, after supporting us for sixty years and more and never deserted them.:ph34r:

I'm torn between. 

Barca v Juve [think i'l go with this one]

Leipzig v Man u

And record our match

Difficult choice here. On one hand like most have pointed out, to fit all the squad players in, realistically we need to play a back 3.

On the other hand however, I think we should stick with a 4-3-3 and keep hammering that into the whole squad. There may be instances where these players are needed at times throughout the season and we need to see how they fit in this system.

I think we could play in this game Alonso at left back and Emerson higher up in front of him. It would be good to give Gilmour a run out, although I assume Jorginho would play so Gilmour may play as one of the '8's and I'd probably start Havertz again too as he needs the minutes to build his fitness back up. I guess the main conundrum will be which 2 of our 3 central defenders not playing at the moment will play. I think it'll be Christensen and Rudiger but would like to see Tomori get a game.

I wouldn't be surprised though if Werner had some sort of involvement in the game. I would imagine he is chomping at the bit to play again and get the weekend out of his system and try and get back amongst the goals because he seems that sort of player.

Worth mentioning that Jorginho, Kovacic and Mount are all 1 yellow card away from a match suspension in the Champions League. Ziyech is also another one but he won't feature at all, so that's okay. 

And just like that our stellar depth at the wing position is decimated. Just when we finally get Pulisic back from a hamstring injury we pick up hamstring injuries to our two other wingers.

Now we'll likely be forced to play Pulisic who is made of glass more than he should be playing instead of being cautious with him. :(

Just now, Pizy said:

And just like that our stellar depth at the wing position is decimated. Just when we finally get Pulisic back from a hamstring injury we pick up hamstring injuries to our two other wingers.

Now we'll likely be forced to play Pulisic who is made of glass more than he should be playing instead of being cautious with him. :(

Could do Emerson and Havertz on the wings in a 343

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

An academy call up on the right and Werner on the left ?

8 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Could do Emerson and Havertz on the wings in a 343

Yeah, forgot Havertz can easily play on the right. I'm fine with him playing out there against smaller sides but hope not to see him there against top opposition.

3-4-3: Kepa, Tomori, Christensen, Rüdiger, Alonso, Gilmour, Jorginho, Azpilicueta, Emerson, Abraham, X

X = Werner, Havertz or preferably one of the youth if at all possible (COVID restrictions etc.)?

Emerson can play as an emergency winger for this one like he did for a while against Barnsley.

The lineup looks horrible and really unbalanced but it's a dead rubber game anyway.