• Ziyech
    • Werner
    • Mount (sub)
    • Kante (sub)
    • Pulisic (sub)
    • Abraham (sub)
    • Emerson (sub)

29 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Jorginho missed 2 from 5 excluding shootout this season. scored 2 vs cp and one vs brighton, missed 2 vs liverpool and today. overall Jorginho has a record that is similar to Lamps but Lamps scored like 80 penalties and had an overall success rate of 85% at that whilst Jorginho scored under 30 to date. The more pens you take the more likely goalies are gonna figure out the way you take them, learn you tell so to say and it gets more difficult to score regularly. lampard missed more towards the end of his career but if you start not converting earlier after not that many tries relatively, you either should change your technique or someone else should take the pens.

He scored 43 out of 50 lampard 

2 hours ago, Jason said:

Our xG below 1 again (excluding the penalties). :lol: 

tbf I am beginning to think xG is absolute bollocks. How could we expect less than 1 goal from 14 shots ffs? even if you take aim from 25 yards out 14 times surely one is gonna fly in. The Pulisic goal was a shot you expect him to either score or square to werner to tap into an empty net. Then if you get penalties how does this not count into xG? you can never know how the move would have ended if the offence had not been committed. Also Ziyech had 3 clean shots at goal which he rolled at the goalie. surely he should have scored one of those (instead he scored the most difficult one). I get the feeling xG is very very selective and biased.

1 minute ago, Magic Lamps said:

tbf I am beginning to think xG is absolute bollocks. How could we expect less than 1 goal from 14 shots ffs? even if you take aim from 25 yards out 14 times surely one is gonna fly in. The Pulisic goal was a shot you expect him to either score or square to werner to tap into an empty net. Then if you get penalties how does this not count into xG? you can never know how the move would have ended if the offence had not been committed. Also Ziyech had 3 clean shots at goal which he rolled at the goalie. surely he should have scored one of those (instead he scored the most difficult one). I get the feeling xG is very very selective and biased.

If including the penalties, then the xG is 2.8. 

xG basically judges the quality of chances. The goal Pulisic scored and shots from Ziyech weren't exactly clear cut chances, TBF. 

26 minutes ago, Jason said:

IT'S THE PENALTY STYLE! NOT ABOUT THE CONVERSION RATE HERE!

😂

tbf people were annoyed with Edens style too at times on here. Suppose it it works most of the time; not gonna see it change.

34 minutes ago, Jason said:

If including the penalties, then the xG is 2.8. 

xG basically judges the quality of chances. The goal Pulisic scored and shots from Ziyech weren't exactly clear cut chances, TBF. 

I know. The quality of chances is exactly what is so subjective about it. Every shot or goal is in itself unique so it’s hard to derive a scoring probability for most. 

on the other front I disagree. A professional footballer should expected to score from inside the 5yd box no matter the angle and ziyech had really really clear shots.

2 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

The Russian team was of the level of Wolves-Palace.
Mendy was excellent.

Not really the same level. they had 9 players out including some of their best players esp Cabella, Wanderson and Claeson. From their regular offense they basically only had Berg left who is absolute pants. They were pretty poor quality wise but they fought hard and defended quite well for large spells of the game. We should have been more comfortable but as long as we have Mendy and Chilwell I am really not that fuzzed. Our defence overall without Alonso, Emerson or Kepa sabotaging it, is not as bad as people always want to make you believe. Our midfield gets steamrolled every game by every opposition but our defence is so used to 0 protection, it can hold its own more or less in most games

We scored 4 but that was not a good offensive performance.

1st and 4th goal should have been saved by GK easily. Our second goal was not a penalty tbf. So that Pulisic, Werner, Ziyech action for the 3rd goal was best thing all game.

7 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

on the other front I disagree. A professional footballer should expected to score from inside the 5yd box no matter the angle and ziyech had really really clear shots.

They weren't clear cut in the sense that there were bodies in the way. But otherwise, agree with the sentiment and it's a reason why the goals scored tally isn't the same as the xG. Am sure you are aware that xG metric is basically a basic indicator of how well the team perform in attack. Yesterday's xG may not reflect what actually happened on the field but the xG in the games against Sevilla (0.4) and Man United (0.2) certainly did, given how awful we were going forward.